Trying to get new members in a full private alliance

Options
trey9
trey9 Posts: 102
edited April 2014 in MPQ Alliances
Does anyone know if new people can apply to a private alliance if it has 20/20 slots filled? The reason I ask is because I added people just to make the alliance full to be more competitive in the short run but would still like to be able to have high level players apply so I can bring them in as well. Just wondering if I need to leave the alliance at 19/20 so new people can apply. And if you are wondering the name of the alliance is Dead Alliance.

Thanks.

Comments

• Nope people cannot apply, however with the way MRR and scaling works people of all roster levels can be competitive in an event so you won't be required to have high level people unless you're shooting for a top 5 PvP alliance.
  • Ferret is correct about rosters. If, by high level players you mean just more dedicated scorers or daily grinders, yeah you will have to figure out who your lower scoring guys are and kick them before anyone else can apply.
  • trey9
    Options
    Cool thanks. I wish there was a way to see who has contributed what. Like a pie chart or something. It's a tough decision because some guys have high level chars but don't currently have the new captain america so that indicates to me that they don't play pve very much or can't compete because they don't have the required characters.
  • If you are still looking, I'll join. I always finish top 10 in pve and I have the cap covers to contribute.let me know. I play daily.
  • trey9 wrote:
    Cool thanks. I wish there was a way to see who has contributed what. Like a pie chart or something. It's a tough decision because some guys have high level chars but don't currently have the new captain america so that indicates to me that they don't play pve very much or can't compete because they don't have the required characters.

I took a look through my Alliance rosters, and I chose to believe the occasional lack of LazyCap covers (which were an Alliance reward) meant either the respective member either does not have a roster slot, or simply sold off the cover as they prefer other characters. Looking for ways to weed your rosters can only end badly. How hard would you work if you knew your boss was actively looking to replace you? If the "bottom five" are always worried about getting punted, they will leave. And the new "bottom five" will be looking over their shoulders. Soon there will be a new Alliance calledm "The Bottom Fifth" (well fourth, technically, I just like a good fifth now and again)

I'll take loyalty over the long haul vs a shiny new resume anyday
  • trey9 wrote:

Or they just haven't bought the character slot for him yet. It cost me 500hp for his slot, so people could just be waiting for another event to finish... or whatever.
  • trey9
    Options
    Good points and yes, I don't want to be the kind of alliance that keeps kicking the lowest members. This is a fairly new alliance and I am just looking to getting it started with some active players. I didn't state it in the beginning, but I was referring to guys on my roster that got a blue cap from our alliance placing high enough, but don't have a red or yellow indicating they didn't contribute much to the team.
  • trey9 wrote:
    Good points and yes, I don't want to be the kind of alliance that keeps kicking the lowest members. This is a fairly new alliance and I am just looking to getting it started with some active players. I didn't state it in the beginning, but I was referring to guys on my roster that got a blue Shieldbro from our alliance placing high enough, but don't have a red or yellow indicating they didn't contribute much to the team.
    That seems like a fair and logical assessment. It's a tough call on how to be competitive with your alliance without being an A-hole. I just got really lucky with people when I started mine, but we picked people from the forums that we liked. Seems like the best way to go. If you can't identify someone in your alliance and you also suspect they may be a freeloader, try finding someone cool from here to replace them with, if you must.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    trey9 wrote:
    Cool thanks. I wish there was a way to see who has contributed what. Like a pie chart or something.
    This is an upcoming alliance feature.
    trey9 wrote:
    It's a tough decision because some guys have high level chars but don't currently have the new Shield Bro so that indicates to me that they don't play pve very much or can't compete because they don't have the required characters.
    I've used a similar metric in evaluating applicants. I usually look a bit further back, though. As Milambus says, roster slots (esp. for people in the 2*/early 2*->3* stage) are often a precious and scarce commodity.

So, for people we weren't already personally familiar with, forum-interaction evaluations were done, and after that, I looked at things like the following: Do they have BP? Do they have Psylocke? Maybe multiple covers in one or two colors of Psylocke/BP (lower reward tiers), indicating dedication but not top-notch absolute performance? If they don't have at least a bit of both, is it due to HP scarcity (e.g. do they have Bag-Man, Yelena, or low-level Juggs)? Based on what I know about my and my fellow Djangoliers' MPQ "careers," does their roster reflect non-abysmal progression speed?

P.S. - I can't figure out why BPanther is named "Stormbeau." Does he hook up with Storm in the comics?
  • HailMary wrote:
    P.S. - I can't figure out why BPanther is named "Stormbeau." Does he hook up with Hallestorm in the comics?

That is indeed, correct. IIRC she becomes the queen of Wakanda, no?
  • HailMary wrote:
    P.S. - I can't figure out why BPanther is named "Stormbeau." Does he hook up with Hallestorm in the comics?
    He does indeed, but they divorce when those pesky X-Men destroy Wakanda

PuIio25.jpg?1
  • gamar wrote:
    HailMary wrote:
    He does indeed, but they divorce when those pesky X-Men destroy Wakanda

PuIio25.jpg?1

Greatest BP line in his entire comic history. Hilarious in an irrational sort of way
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Greatest Stormbeau line in his entire comic history. Hilarious in an irrational sort of way
    Seriously. Even just judging from BP's rare cartoon appearances, it sounds like something a SNL/Pete Holmes parody of Black Panther would say.