wasted 4/5* covers!

jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
do something about this please. these are too valuable to turf for 1000/2000 iso.

pulled an xforce wolvie with my thanos token. champed him for the legendary. got a blue wasp. my wasp is currently 0/5/1. second blue i've turfed already.

this is ridiculous to the point of being unacceptable.

give better loot for turfing.
colourless covers
intra-alliance trading
change cover colours for a small fee
eliminate the chance to pull the cover colour when you get to 5

something has to finally give here. this happens too often to pretty much everyone.

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Allegedly, they can't make colorless covers work in the current programming. But I don't see why a small fee (like 5 CmdPts) to change a color would be so bad. With 113 covers needed to get a 4 or 5* up to full power, we shouldn't have to sell any.

Side note, my Wasp had 5 in blue as well (1/5/2 though) and I have a 6th in my queue. Hmmm.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Allegedly, they can't make colorless covers work in the current programming.

The operative phrase being "the current programming." In other words, it requires programming to make a change to the program? No kidding demi? icon_lol.gif

And there are even ways to achieve in practice the exact same thing without changing rewards one bit. Allowing rebalance at under 13 covers, for example. Just add a down button for each skill on the character page. Just like the current power shift upgrade button, but in reverse.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    STOPTHIS wrote:

The operative phrase being "the current programming." In other words, it requires programming to make a change to the program? No kidding demi? icon_lol.gif
    The question is probably how big the Changes would have to be and how they would affect the rest of the game. If it's a big undertaking, it might not be considered Worth the effort.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    I don't see why a small fee (like 5 CmdPts) to change a color would be so bad.

This. Hell, I'd pay 10 for it.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love a solution for this as well. Especially for 5* covers, which are so hard to get and so necessary to make progress in the game.

I don't like wasting 4* covers, but since I have over 30 championed already, it's not as big of a deal if I need to waste a few before championing my next one.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Today i got purple Prof X from legendary.
    My first prof X has 5/5/2, my second has 0/5/0... cry more icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    I don't see why a small fee (like 5 CmdPts) to change a color would be so bad.

This. Hell, I'd pay 10 for it.

They could even make tiers - change a star.pngstar.pngstar.png for 3 CP, a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png for 5 CP and a token_legendary.png for 10 CP.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    STOPTHIS wrote:

The question is probably how big the Changes would have to be and how they would affect the rest of the game. If it's a big undertaking, it might not be considered Worth the effort.

Simple solution, allow people to pay the championing fee as soon as they have 5 covers in a single cover and by doing to they would unlock the respec part of championing, net result would still be randomness up until the point where people would otherwise be throwing away useless covers.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    STOPTHIS wrote:

Simple solution, allow people to pay the championing fee as soon as they have 5 covers in a single cover and by doing to they would unlock the respec part of championing, net result would still be randomness up until the point where people would otherwise be throwing away useless covers.

Exactly. Allowing non champion respec would be a perfectly acceptable workaround, and respec functionality has already been shown to exist. To apply that same logic to non-champions should be doable, even by a novice programmer.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    There are a lot of things that "don't work with the current programing"
    See everything they break every single update
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Argh!! I was already frustrated about wasting one SS blue, when this happened!!
    15698153_10101436917986634_1698818336153686408_n.jpg?oh=b58d0a75cd6271e71b71503e201e806d&oe=58E8BEDF

It's happened in the past where my 5/1/5 OML won both a 6th Black and a 6th Red within a few days. So incredibly frustrating. And CS had no interest in helping me.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    I only have three 4 stars that are fully covered, and yet I've wasted at least six 4 star covers so far thanks to continual pulls of the same color for many of my other characters. Along with the fact that Steam players never received SHIELD Intercepts, it's really killed most of my interest in playing this any more. I get really tired of the untold hours spent grinding just to receive something that I have to throw away.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Email CS. With proof.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Argh!! I was already frustrated about wasting one SS blue, when this happened!!
    15698153_10101436917986634_1698818336153686408_n.jpg?oh=b58d0a75cd6271e71b71503e201e806d&oe=58E8BEDF

It's happened in the past where my 5/1/5 OML won both a 6th Black and a 6th Red within a few days. So incredibly frustrating. And CS had no interest in helping me.
    At one point I think I had three or four green Phoenix covers in my queue - I kept getting them, but no purples and only rarely red. I ended up buying a purple cover for my 5/2/5 Phoenix...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:

Well no, it's like how a blender is built with a specific function and design in mind. Sure you *sould* swap one part out for another, buuuuuuuut...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDlMLqdvHzI#t=20s
  • King_Koopa54326
    King_Koopa54326 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Crowl wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    STOPTHIS wrote:

Omg yes! I hated losing star.pngstar.pngstar.png covers, I can't stand losing 4 star! I've lost three green invis woman covers, this would make so much sense!
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    lol i've got 14 oml red covers since he became available. so colorless covers would be my vote for 4* and higher covers.
  • Knaaks
    Knaaks Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    I think at this point, there are enough characters that they need to do an overhaul of how getting covers works. They have changed a lot of things for the better, so I hope it is something they are considering.

What they should do is when you get a cover, it adds a color at random to that character, and it won't be able to add to a color that you already have 5 of. That way, you just need 13 covers to be maxed, still have to spend ISO to level and champ them, but don't worry D3, it will still take me like 14 years before I get my yellow OML, so you can rest easy on that!
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or just make 4/5 covers with no expiration date. You might get dupes, but at least you won't be forced sell and if you do, then it's your decision to do so.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    I already posted once about my woes, but I just pulled a purpleflag.pngicon_redhulk.png when he's 2/2/5. Again, I only have three fully covered 4 stars at this point, and after going back and looking at my records, this is actually the ninth time I've had to sell a 4 star cover because the game keeps giving me the same colors over and over again. My favorite example was when I had a 5/1/1 icon_ironman.png and proceeded to pull two more redflag.png. Even now he's just 5/1/3, meaning I'll probably pull another few more before this is done.