5* DDQ: Thanos vs GotG males

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,164 Chairperson of the Boards
So how's everyone getting on? I've got a lv270 Starlord ready to go; will face Thanny after dinner

Comments

• Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Won first time with my 171 R&G with B&P/G&B/all damage x3

Got me a 5* Thanos Purple for the trouble.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Beat him with a 185 Rocket and Groot. No boosts.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Couldn't match his green on my first 2 attempts (1 SL, 1 Grocket).

3rd attempt with my L200 Grocket managed to take him down.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    214 champed Rocket and Groot did the job first time. Took +2b/p and +50% to make it a bit easier, denied purple and green as best I could then got those blue tiles out as quick as possible.
    Almost went pair shaped when he got purple out and a wee cascade with a couple of match 5's in it; matched yellow forgetting about the block from purple, and managed to survive through until it cleared and matched yellow when I was down to about 650 health.
    It went easily after that.
    I've got a Champed Starlord as well, just figured Rocket's blue was a better bet.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Took Thanos on first try with lv181 Groot, no boosts. That ability to prevent mass tile destruction/placement of new tiles is downright worrisome, but squeaked through a couple tight spots.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    First try with 199 R&G. Get strike tiles out and deny green.
  • johnmcclane
    Options
    L182 R&G did the job. Got a yellowflag.pngicon_starlord.png
    let's hope for the Thanos cover in the remaining days.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3rd try with my lvl 200 Starlord (5/3/5), using color boosts. Finally got enough for two purple to fire then immediately followed it with a red. Next match got me enough red to fire again before the countdowns expired and that put him down.
    Reign LT got me a Thanos Black. I always seem to pull a new 5* release on the first pull afterwards, then never again for months. I think it’s the game’s way of making sure I buy a roster slot.

Curious to see if anyone pulls this off with Drax today.
  • djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    Options
    My champed Groot had a much easier time than my fully covered lvl 180 Starlord.
  • Nomad400
    Nomad400 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Beat him first try with a 170 R&G plus 2 blue/purple AP and 1 black/green damage boost. Got the strike tiles out early and it was over in short order. Thanos got his purple power off, but I matched it away before it had any effect (boosts his damage 150% while the cd is out).

And I got the Thanos cover from the vault on the first pull!
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Have champed Starlord, but went with my 207 champed Grocket, beat it first time with no boosts, using 5/3/5. Healed to full on the move I killed him too, so thats nice.

I hope the rest are this easy!

Got my 13th cover for nova from the token, so I'm happy!
  • drag0n41
    drag0n41 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    I used champed icon_drax.png , +2 r/y, 50% b/g, 50%b/p. Fired redflag.png once early and blackflag.png late to kill him easily. Received icon_blade.pngredflag.png from Purple Reign token
  • Tatercat
    Options
    drag0n41 wrote:
    I used champed icon_drax.png , +2 r/y, 50% b/g, 50%b/p. Fired redflag.png once early and blackflag.png late to kill him easily. Received icon_blade.pngredflag.png from Purple Reign token

Was curious if anyone could do it with him. The Destroyer can retire, his family is avenged!
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Drax and Star-Lord are both 170, so I resorted to my 189 R&G. Beat it on my first try, thanks to Groot's heal creating a nice green cascade that gave me enough AP to down Thanos. Got a black 5* Thanos.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a champed lvl 274 Starlord but I felt my lvl 192 Grocket would have a much better chance because of his yellow healing ability. I won on the first try after using blue and green twice.

Wasn't a tough battle thanks to the yellow heal but he will be tough in the next few days depending who we can use. Thanos' purple is insane.. I used Blue, then Thanos used purple.. my blue CD could not resolve! No strike tiles were made! Thanos CONTROLS the board, meaning you cannot make any changes to tiles except Thanos, therefore you cannot create special tiles (strike, attack, protect, CD, color change). I think he will be the 5* everyone will want!
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,582 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lv175 Grocket netted me a purpleflag.png Rulk, not complaining here as the Daily Thanos token gave me 2* Hawkeye and blueflag.png Mr Fantastic icon_mrgreen.gif
  • macgawel
    macgawel Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Won with my champed 179 Groot.
    Sure, I would love this new 5 star.png that I can easily beat with my "low level" 3 star.pngicon_lol.gif
  • Tatercat
    Options

Wasn't a tough battle thanks to the yellow heal but he will be tough in the next few days depending who we can use. Thanos' purple is insane.. I used Blue, then Thanos used purple.. my blue CD could not resolve! No strike tiles were made! Thanos CONTROLS the board, meaning you cannot make any changes to tiles except Thanos, therefore you cannot create special tiles (strike, attack, protect, CD, color change). I think he will be the 5* everyone will want!

Weirdly enough, this might make characters whose powers do more the longer their countdowns are in play, not when they go off, more effective against him. I wish we could try Antman against him to experiment on this, his Ants Ants Ants power could be killer. Maybe we’ll see when he gets to the Avengers faction.

UPDATE: Never mind, I think this thread answers my theory:
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=56327
  • GentlemanA
    GentlemanA Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Since mine is the lowest so far, wanted to share:
    Finished with a 4/4/5 Lv140 Groot. Figured it'd still be rough, so dropped 100% match damage, +2 blue ap, +2 green. Probably didn't even need to boosts.

I got starved on both blue and green for a while, had to wait for his purple to finish before firing a green, cascading into a yellow to finish up.
  • Dataspectre
    Dataspectre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    woke up, saw two covers of R&G in DDQs enough to champed him to 166 and the right colors I'm looking for, Yellow and Blue, took my newly champed R&G fought Thanos with no boosts, about 2 matches away to winning, the game crashed on steam, reload the game up, heal up R&G and round two begins, mostly denied his colors, he manage to pop his purple cd, took my time collecting my green/blue, left the a few 3 match yellows, top right and bottom left, til my health goes down to 20%, when the purple CD expired, took the yellow match of bottom left to heal and use all my green power to finish him. Pulled a 4* JG blue cover.