Wrong kind of Resource Sale

Jabrony_Geoff
Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
By now I would have earned up to 9 commands points from eager alliance members making some kind of purchase.
So far I've received NOTHING !!!

....but I know why,

Money is being spent elsewhere, on food and presents for Christmas.
The sale is probably the wrong side of Christmas and maybe it should have started boxing day when people have Christmas money in their hands.

In my opinion and in my world the resource sale isn't a proper sale if you will.
Instead of increasing Iso-8 or HP.
Why not slash the purchase price in half.

Even now after playing for over a year I wince when I see the cost to purchase a Logan Looney, Asgard Treasure or the stark salary.

If the purchase price of a Logan loonies was halved then you might have taken some of my money.

I hope you can line up a proper resource sale when this one ends.
Call it the working man sale because from where I'm standing regular resources prices are out of touch with the real world.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do we have to go through this every sale?

Apple doesn't allow price changes.

If they wanted to cut prices, they would have to add new items you can buy.

We all know how dangerous it is when they touch the code.
    Now imagine that stuff breaking the buying functionality for a few days.

Not going to happen.
    There is a reason they are doing every sale like they are.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Do we have to go through this every sale?

Apple doesn't allow price changes.

If they wanted to cut prices, they would have to add new items you can buy.

We all know how dangerous it is when they touch the code.
    Now imagine that stuff breaking the buying functionality for a few days.

Not going to happen.
    There is a reason they are doing every sale like they are.

Then to Apple and all those who who aren't willing bend a little in the season of goodwill.
    Carry on , Continue along this path.

heads-in-the-sand.jpg
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    That New Year's offer they had last year was pretty neat, when an Agency Expenses purchase netted you 2900 HP just like a Logan's Loonies. I hope they do something similar this year.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Quebbster wrote:
    That New Year's offer they had last year was pretty neat, when an Agency Expenses purchase netted you 2900 HP just like a Logan's Loonies. I hope they do something similar this year.

You know there are people in my alliance who have never made a single purchase.
    How do you get these people to spend?
    I'd say slash purchase prices in half.
    I don't know if its Been done before but it's worth a punt.
    Seasonal of goodwill and all that.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:

It's not that easy.

So maybe your alliance will spend, I don't know, 300 bucks total?

Meanwhile by cutting prices in half, D3 is losing 50 * 3 * 20 = 3000 bucks per triple stark buy club.

And yes. These are a thing and very, very common.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

It's not that easy.

Meanwhile by cutting prices in half, D3 is losing 50 * 3 * 20 = 3000 bucks per triple stark buy club.

Bowgentle you make good points but D3 must try it.
    Try it, see the figures/numbers/sales if it's a failure don't try it ever again.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

It's not that easy.

Amen. You don't want to do what these guys are doing.
    Still, that one-time bonus HP was neat...
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:
    Amen. You don't want to do what these guys are doing.
    Still, that one-time bonus HP was neat...
    LOL. What's the production cost of virtual goods? How much money does it take for developer/publisher to create 1 Hero Point?
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle you make good points but D3 must try it.
    Try it, see the figures/numbers/sales if it's a failure don't try it ever again.

Longevity of the game is taken into consideration, I'm sure. There's some calculus there. Making the cost cheap floods the market, particularly given an unlimited supply. Short-term gain can lead to long-term stagnation.

Case in point - me. I bought a Stark on the 30% sale last year. I haven't had to purchase HP since. (granted, I have - once to try out VIP, and the other time because my kid pushed too many buttons. But I didn't "need" those things for my style of gameplay). The Season of Good Will leads to stagnant cash flow down the road if you give away the farm.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    When I first started playing, sales involved the price going down, not the hp amounts going up by 30%.

I play on Android devices (Phone/Tab).

The cost on Apple devices is not on par with Android/Google Play. Originally $99.99. Then up to $119.99. Apple (in Canada) is upto $140 for a stark. I load up a second profile on my device so my gf can buy HP as necessary, cause tinykitty Apple.

[edit: found this going back almost 2 years now about the increase. I remember there was a big chart that had every country listed and what HP cost on either Android or Apple with the costs going up.. DayvBang didn't get the alignment he was looking for.. hehe viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22160&start=20]
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I would love to see something a little newer for the holidays. Maybe a CP sale? but as Bowgentle said, this would most likely result in something terrible, like player match damage not working... because the devs are pretty terrible at their jobs.

But... we all continue to play, and many continue to spend, so the fat cats get fatter. Why would they ever truly make a change that matters? They can sit around their office all day napping, never releasing stuff that matters and not making any fixes or improvements... and they get their salaries all the same.

I wish they played the game for real, without just writing code to make their rosters better. That way they could see how **** it is to try to build a full roster. They could see the need for changes, whether some people cry for more ISO, some people say 1000hp is too much for a roster spot, shields are expensive in PVP, SCL8 is the dumbest thing ever, scaling is out of control, RNGesus is a jerk, or progressing to the next roster level tier is maddening. Feel our pain for once in your life, I bet you'd get off your butts and do some real work for once.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    No change needed. Please do not put CP on sale. It kinda is, but at least it's indirectly only. That just makes the game even more pay to win. At least now, it is pay a lot to win. Which helps keep the game alive for a little longer.
  • Exclusively for Amazon Appstore customers only, take advantage of 50% off all in-game resource purchases on Friday, December 30th for Amazon Digital Day.

That was from the holiday email they sent out. Tried downloading the game through the Amazon app store on my phone and it didn't work at all. Might buy a cheap kindle and take advantage of this
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Exclusively for Amazon Appstore customers only, take advantage of 50% off all in-game resource purchases on Friday, December 30th for Amazon Digital Day.

That was from the holiday email they sent out. Tried downloading the game through the Amazon app store on my phone and it didn't work at all. Might buy a cheap kindle and take advantage of this

Were you getting a black screen? Have you tried going to application info -> permissions and turning the phone and storage permissions on? That's what fixed the black screen issue for me.
  • That was exactly what was going on. I'm going to try that now and see if it clears up the issue. Has it been running smoothly since?
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    That was exactly what was going on. I'm going to try that now and see if it clears up the issue. Has it been running smoothly since?

Yeah, no issues, I just play on the amazon version now. Slightly slower in getting app updates than google play store though.
    (Also, if after the fix you still see black screen, just wait a bit longer and see if the game starts loading)
  • Worked like a charm. Thanks!