Best 2* Defense

Options
I don't have any trouble winning match-ups with my 2* squad, but I always get hit hard while I'm offline. I have 2* Thor, Wolverine, C.Storm, MN.Magneto, OBW, Daken. What 2* match-ups are best on defense, both for my line-up and in general?

Comments

• hmm, keeping in mind there is no real good defense and that I haven't played with 2*s in a while:

Thor/Ares/OBW

Honestly I'm not sure. I just saw no one had responded yet and wanted to put something. I'm sure there is a better combo than Thor and Ares considering they share all their colors but definitely one of them and OBW. I'll keep thinking about it.

EDIT: So for your lineup I'd probably go Thor/Daken/OBW
  • Pretty much what he said above. There's no 2* team incapable of defeating another 2* team.
    The best you can do is provide some level of nuisance with something like OBW/Ares/Daken.
    Maybe Thor or Wolverine instead of Ares but I personally consider Ares to be more dangerous.
    If you've got a reasonably covered 3* to throw in as a 3rd, those with all 2* teams might think twice.
    But the bottom line is that you're not really ever safe from attack.
  • Hrmm, as well.

Without knowing your actual levels on your roster, I'd say Thor + OBW + Daken from a pure character standpoint. Denying Thor from green equals free strike tiles, which OBW stacks nicely upon with Espionage.

Overall? Hard to beat what Beezer said in the previous post. Dual 5340 health tanks that can yield strong damage outputs is very scary for a 2* team to see. Heck, an 85 Ares alone will make opponents think thrice about even attempting the fight. Daken works well here as well for the same reason as above (green denial = free strike tiles), and Ares only needs two green matches for Onslaught. The edge goes to OBW, as she is a massive threat at 85 against other 2** teams, who do not possess any quick nuclear options to down her (outside of an opposing Ares). Ares and Thor, are just one Aggressive Recon away from pretty much ending the match in most scenarios.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    edited April 2014
    Options
    As a maxed-2* player, here are some things that encourage me to skip an opponent, in order of decreasing deterrent:
    1. OBW (L77+) + max Daken
    EDIT: 1b. L77+ Ares
    2. L85 OBW
    3. Daken + AWolv

I love hitting C.Storm + MN Mags + ___ teams, because I just smack C.Storm while MN Mags sits there twiddling his thumbs. Then, I kill the third, and by that time I usually have a nuke power ready, so I one-shot MN Mags.
  • It's too bad OBW doesn't translate well to 3 star defense tho.
    But just for annoyance factor, I'd have to say a lvl 50 m. storm, OBW, Thor team.
    It's even worse if they get hit in the desert.
    I'd take m. storm over classic or daken as they'd have to figure out which one to take out 1st as she gets going pretty fast with 5 red and green.
    Then if they ignore OBW, recon and heals start to pile up. Most will leave thor for last but his yellow feeds back to storms cascades so hes still annoying in the background.
    After the endless cascades, they'll still have to eat a call the storm as most 2 star teams won't be able to burst thor down before he gets the green to do so.
  • Modern Storm is too squishy to be really intimidating on defense - she's got the 1 in 20 disaster chain risk, but she's usually dead by round 3 or 4 and usually she can't get much off in that time if you're denying the right colors.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I see a lvl 85 Ares I always do a double take, depending on the rest of the team I may pass, because when you see Ares, all bets are off. I'm sure if there was a pie chart somewhere it would show going against an Ares usually results in the loss of one character.
  • Probably Ares, cStorm, and OBW. First choice to take out is going to be Ares or cStorm but either way you are going to get hit hard by the other one.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    If I see a lvl 85 Ares I always do a double take, depending on the rest of the team I may pass, because when you see Ares, all bets are off. I'm sure if there was a pie chart somewhere it would show going against an Ares usually results in the loss of one character.

That's one of the main reasons I use Ares a lot. His chief downside on offense - that he's probably coming out of the battle having lost half his hit points - doesn't apply on defense at all. I like to team him up with Daken, and watch the defensive victories pile up.
  • Don't spend a lot of effort on leveling characters solely for defense, it's not worth it.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Can't go wrong with Thor/Ares/oBW: the most health in 2* characters, the most devastating attacks besides Adamantium Slash, no colour is lost if either Thor/Ares gets downed (everyone downs oBW first). For hero only thing, replace Ares with Wolverine or cStorm.
    Daken is just kinda squishy despite being very annoying, he falls to Feral Claws + Adamantium Slash easily enough (the good thing is that you don't need much green to down him using Wolverine, like you do with Thor and Ares, and you will also be forced to acquire red for your best attack while removing Daken's strike tiles). Thor/Storm*/oBW are extremely dangerous in Jungle (no Desert in PvP), but not most of the time, agreed.