Inventors Fair

Imodernleper
Imodernleper Posts: 7
edited December 2016 in MtGPQ Events
Alright well I'm not sure where to start. I've read the FAQ completely. And it seems that the only people that will place in the top tiers of the silver, gold, and platinum brackets of the Inventors Fair are the few who purchased Dovin while he was exclusively on sale. Now I've seen some people gripe on these forums about some really petty and miniscule things. But this is something I never expected from D3. Their are a few things wrong with this Event.

1). You shouldn't have a Node dedicated to any planeswalker, I don't care if its Jace 1.0 it's just something you don't do. Many people like myself are going to be left out during this event.

2). Dovin was available for about a week. That's it. Now if he were available for purchase right now for $$$ your choice to make him Node only would still be upsetting, but he's not available at all.

Even writing this I'm shocked that I and many other people will have to post about this. Whoever thought this event was a good idea should be fired on the spot.

I'll give credit where credit is due. I think the sub quests for the inventors fair look fun and entertaining. However i won't be participating in this event due to the Dovin only node. Atleast not how it stands now. People have spent way more money on this game than I have but I will admit I have dropped atleast 200$ into this game in the last 7 months and regardless of whether or not the event gets changed I will no longer be putting any money into this game.

Comments

• At least he will be available...

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=56282&start=20#p614409
    Brigby wrote:
    octal9 wrote:
    You'll need to own Dovin Baan to battle on the Blue and White Node.
    So he'll be available in the vault before the event starts then, right?
    Yes. Dovin Baan will be available in the vault starting December 29th, the day before the Inventor's Fair, therefore you'll be able to acquire him with crystals.

I have gone ahead and updated the original post with this new information.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    I see the energise objectives being more of a problem.
    I can see myself holding onto 2-3 energise cards and
    playing them just before I can win. its either that or
    risk the visual board problems.

HH
  • It's good to see he will be available and I'll buy him with crystals. But colored nodes are used to designate which walkers you can use not "Hey we have this new walker out buy him so you can be competitive". I have crystals from past events but alot of people don't so releasing him before the event is just a money grab. So I will be buying Dovin with crystals. I will still not be participating in this event or spending anymore money on this game. This is a slippery slope where more and more events will have a Node dedicated to the "new cash/crystal walker".
  • It's good to see he will be available and I'll buy him with crystals. But colored nodes are used to designate which walkers you can use not "Hey we have this new walker out buy him so you can be competitive". I have crystals from past events but alot of people don't so releasing him before the event is just a money grab. So I will be buying Dovin with crystals. I will still not be participating in this event or spending anymore money on this game. This is a slippery slope where more and more events will have a Node dedicated to the "new cash/crystal walker".

**** are you babbling about? You will buy him but refuse to participate in the event. Why buy him then? Why play the game at all? You can't really complain about them forcing you to buy him in order to pay in the event and then say you're buying him but refusing to participate in the event.
  • J_Samael_C
    J_Samael_C Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Feel more like Kiora's Fair…
  • erakbgg
    erakbgg Posts: 62 Match Maker
    This has been the single most frustrating event I've ever played in. I've lost about 6 games by waiting for energize cards that only came after my opponent pulled off a ridiculous life-saving cascade. I gave up on that strategy, only to lose another 4-5 rounds to opponents casting 3 20+ mana mythics on the first turn. Yes, this has happened this frequently. Dumb bad luck, I know.

And now I lost one to a system crash. At this point, I'd consider filing a ticket, but I don't want to spend a 20-email exchange of them asking me repeatedly if I took screenshots or video of the problem (who does that?).

Ok, gripe over.