Crazy pants AI team ups

Arimis_Thorn
Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
I just got hit with a 28K Penance Stare teamup that that AI had and it cost me a match that I otherwise would have won.

This one seems like it ought to be taken out of the rotation for AI. Not sure if there are others in this category

Comments

• Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Why? You can use it so why shouldnt the ai be able to?
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    One time the AI used 2* Bullseye's Murderous Aim teamup on me and it actually dealt about 17K damage because there were other Critical Tiles on the board. Obviously, I lost a guy but still won the match.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    When you start the match, make sure you check on the team-ups. Some of them are pretty tough, such as an AOE attack that knocks off thousands of hit points and gets thrown the move right before the end of the match.

The AOE attacks can be blocked by Quake, but there's no easy way to block GR black.. you just need to hope they don't get too many TU AP matches!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cartz wrote:
    Why? You can use it so why shouldnt the ai be able to?

I maintain that the AI should not be allowed to use non-villainous teamups, and should not be allowed to use teamups at all if they have AP feeders.

So there.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you can prevent the AI from using a specific team up if you bring that character on your team, and then after going to the start fight screen, going back and changing characters.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Penance Stare is kinda ****, but I don't really have a problem with any others. Even Rulk purple, which is incredibly annoying to get hit with mid-match, isn't so awful that it can swing a match in most cases.

Sometimes they even work in your favor, like if you're rocking Hulkbuster and it fires Doom blue to set up a bunch of black matches for you.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    When you start the match, make sure you check on the team-ups. Some of them are pretty tough, such as an AOE attack that knocks off thousands of hit points and gets thrown the move right before the end of the match.

The AOE attacks can be blocked by Quake, but there's no easy way to block GR black.. you just need to hope they don't get too many TU AP matches!
    You can't really block it, but you can strategize around it by having one character maintain low damage and having them take the 'hit' when the AI has accumulated enough AP to fire it. Or you can attempt to goad the AI into gathering team up AP as quickly as possible in the beginning of the match, by not matching TU tiles yourself and trying to leave the AI match-4's if possible (it will never deny a juicy match-4 icon_cool.gif ). That one requires a bit more RNG luck, though.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    The team ups are usually so bad that it surprises me when it actually busts out a good one. Jean Grey purple is a pretty annoying one as well as Iceman green for the sheer damage.

Some of the team ups need to be removed entirely. It's stupid that Rags blue can be a team up since it only creates a couple of green charged tiles. Venom purple needs to be removed too since at the lower AI level it creates 1 web tile and that's it.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    ...and should not be allowed to use teamups at all if they have AP feeders.

Not really sure what you're getting at here. AP feeders never feed T/U AP, and they can't gather it themselves (well. practically can't, not counting the fairly uncommon boardshake they get) so their chances of using it on an all-feeder team is basically 0 anyways.

And with mixed board mover/AP feeder teams I hardly think the thing that needs to be fixed is the team up.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I think they should put a Galactus TU into the game. 28 AP for 1M team damage.