Crash of the Mad Titan Event Details Released

MPQ_Daywalker
MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Details on Crash of the Mad Titan are now on the D3 Go! website. Below is what's there...

Thanos has taken over the daily quests from Deadpool with a special event called The Crash of the Mad Titan.

Starting Thursday, December 22nd at 6:00 AM EST, a 5-day Thanos themed version of Deadpool's Daily Quest will run alongside the normal event. The Crash of the Mad Titan event has five missions that are similar to what you would normally find in Deadpool’s Daily Quest as well as a special Crash of the Mad Titan mission. Each day Thanos will challenge a faction found in the game and three characters from that faction will be available to use. Choose one of the characters to face off against Thanos for a chance at your own 5-Star Thanos!

Event Details:
- 5-Day Event
- Missions refresh each day
- 5 Normal Missions (Similar to Deadpool Daily missions)
- Double Iso-8
- Rewards Tokens to a special Crash of the Mad Titan vault

- Crash of the Mad Titan Mission
-- 1 vs. 1 mission against 5-Star Thanos
-- Choose between 1 of 3 available heroes of a specific faction
-- Rewards Purple Reign Legendary tokens

- Crash of the Mad Titan Vault
-- 80 Items
-- 1 Purple Reign Token
-- 4 4-Stars
-- 15 3-Stars (Including Thanos (Modern) who is not yet available in packs!)
-- 10 Elite Tokens
-- 50 2-Stars

- Purple Reign Legendary Store
-- 10% Chance at a 5-Star Thanos
-- Additional pulls can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Comments

• MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    My thoughts...

I'm loving the "Purple Reign" token name.

The December Sneak Peek article has the following characters listed as essential for the event:
    - Rocket & Groot
    - Wolverine (Patch)
    - Kamala Khan
    - Doctor Doom
    - Steve Rogers (Super Soldier)

I'm thinking that means the factions mentioned in the Crash of the Mad Titan may be Guardians of the Galaxy, The X-Men, The Inhumans, Villains and The Avengers, with the above five characters powered up in those factions.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Starting Thursday, December 22nd at 6:00 AM EST, a 5-day Thanos themed version of Deadpool's Daily Quest will run alongside the normal event.

tumblr_llmyz4iAST1qzjtph_zpscvcqzll8.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    What this tells me is I m super happy I did not buy a 20 pack of the daily 4* vaults. I now have plenty of HP to take some quality stabs at the 80 cover vault and it looks like we will be able to win quite a few tokens for the vault.

The only sad thing is you had to post this on the forum instead of a dev posting it on the forum. I have to assume they are running short staffed for the holidays and are trying to make sure when the game crashes it does not crash for too long.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, 5 days, each with a crash, gives you 5 x 10% chance at 5* Thanos (presuming you are capable of winning every crash). 1 more if you pull the purple token from the vault, but otherwise it costs 25 CP per pull with no improvement in the odds.

Seems like pretty good odds. Maybe in 3 years I'll have enough covers to use him in PvE trivial nodes!
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can we get the stats on Thanos? What are his 3* and 5* powers like at min. champ level, 166 and 450?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin wrote:
    So, 5 days, each with a crash, gives you 5 x 10% chance at 5* Thanos (presuming you are capable of winning every crash). 1 more if you pull the purple token from the vault, but otherwise it costs 25 CP per pull with no improvement in the odds.

Seems like pretty good odds. Maybe in 3 years I'll have enough covers to use him in PvE trivial nodes!

I think crash is just on the last day, like DDQ. Just one token if you win Thanos icon_razz.gif

I really hope we get stats for Thanos today, the wait is killing me. I think he is going to be quite strong/destructive (also to your own team icon_razz.gif)
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    I currently have just under 1600 CP hoarded... for what reason, I knew not... until now! icon_lol.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unless you are whaling thanos, there is no point in buying purple reign tokens. Take a lower chance of thanos and a 50% increase in 5* odds and wait for him to join LTs.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    I think crash is just on the last day, like DDQ. Just one token if you win Thanos icon_razz.gif

This from
    Each day Thanos will challenge a faction found in the game and three characters from that faction will be available to use. Choose one of the characters to face off against Thanos for a chance at your own 5-Star Thanos!

That sounds like the crash is a different faction challenge every day of the event.

Doesn't necessarily mean he's beatable, of course.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Each day Thanos will challenge a faction found in the game and three characters from that faction will be available to use. Choose one of the characters to face off against Thanos for a chance at your own 5-Star Thanos!

They totally forgot to mention the part where they will scale Thanos off your 5*s and how he will just pop up and say:

kjtvp5.jpg
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Calnexin wrote:
    Polares wrote:

This from

That sounds like the crash is a different faction challenge every day of the event.

I am guessing they will replace the Big Enchilada with Thanos, since they said it is 5 nodes like Deadpool Daily.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin wrote:
    Polares wrote:

This from

Well, after reading this it looks like you might be right. But I find it hard to believe that they are going to give 5 tokens 'for free'.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    I am guessing they will replace the Big Enchilada with Thanos, since they said it is 5 nodes like Deadpool Daily.
    The Crash of the Mad Titan event has five missions that are similar to what you would normally find in Deadpool’s Daily Quest as well as a special Crash of the Mad Titan mission.

You're all getting a little taste of your daily CoT wish. Of course, it's 1v1 against a 5*, so he'd better be pretty low level or else you're going to be downed by match damage quickly.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:

Well, after reading this it looks like you might be right. But I find it hard to believe that they are going to give 5 tokens 'for free'.

Oh, those tokens won't be free, probably a similar difficulty to DDQ's Crash of the Titans I would think - maybe a little harder.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why did they go with the boring AF "Modern" for the sub name? I can think of two good choices: Mad Titan or Consort of Death. Maybe the power Cort Death would have made Consort of Death redundant, but really, Modern? Well, at least it's for the 3 star.png . Poor Bl4de.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Looking forward to it. His purple looks interesting. He stops tiles from being destroyed or created. So would 4* Cyclops Red still hit for damage but not clear a tile or row? Would X force wolverine be completely locked out of his abilities? Can you still shuffle the board, with loki or quicksilver? I guess deny purple is the strategy for him. As for the rewards, the vault looks a little better than normal. Another 4 and some elite tokens added. Still a ton of 2*s tho. The Hunt vault was very kind to me so I don't expect much from this one.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not really a fan of these 5 star tokens when they are the only five star available, at least put the rest in for decreased odds. I'm spending 25 cp either way, i definitely want tokens that completely remove the remainder of 5s.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    notamutant wrote:
    The Crash of the Mad Titan event has five missions that are similar to what you would normally find in Deadpool’s Daily Quest as well as a special Crash of the Mad Titan mission.

You're all getting a little taste of your daily CoT wish. Of course, it's 1v1 against a 5*, so he'd better be pretty low level or else you're going to be downed by match damage quickly.

Super Steve and R&G have a chance against anybody so long as they can be stunned so I'm cautiously optimistic.