Hexproof spells on own creatures

Options
sageofhalo451
sageofhalo451 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
Hexproof now prevents you from casting spells on your own creatures. I do so hope this is a bug!

Comments

• Dragonfire
    Options
    I also detected, during my first game after the update, that it is not possible to launch own spells to the card "Carruaje desbocado" (see pictures). Possibly affects all cards with "Antimaleficio", although in the description says that they are not affected by the spells cast by the opponent (not his own).
    It must be a bug. I just opened ticket in support.
    --

Yo también he detectado, durante mi primer juego tras la actualización, que no es posible lanzar hechizos propios a la carta "Carruaje desbocado" (ver imágenes). Posiblemente afecte a todas las cartas con "Antimaleficio", aun cuando en la descripción dice que no le afectan los hechizos lanzados por el oponente (no los propios).
    Ha de ser un bug. Acabo de abrir ticket en soporte.

img_0084.jpg img_0085.jpg
  • J_Samael_C
    J_Samael_C Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I can't use Tezz Artificer's spell on hexproof creatures??

Is there any QA process involved at all before releasing updates?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Not being able to cast spells on Hexproof creatures is actually intentional. Here is the quote from Hibernum_JC for reference:
    Yes. It was a decision we made due to the way we word and work with the mechanic (Hexproof makes a creature immune to the word "Target" in cards) so it becomes normal that you cannot target your own creatures that have Hexproof. It's also a balancing act on Hexproof as it is very strong, so the downside to it is that you also cannot target your own creatures.

That was the decision we made about it, but we may revert the change if we feel it affects the game too strongly.
  • randomRolle
    Options
    This is a really bad change and would also require a proper balance pass on all hexproof creatures. Also ingame description is incorrect. Hexproof is now much much worse. In the history of papermtg the hexproof keyword was created specifically to allow friendly casts. So a name change might be in order as well.

This is too large of a change to just throw in there without proper balancing. Also changing an established mechanic should come with a proper in-game notification. Not something you should discover during a match.