VIP not working with SHIELD Intercept

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
I am a active VIP member but last night I had to watch the Ads for the SHIELD Intercept.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• Yep, my 2nd post about it is here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=56287

Been happening for going on almost 3 weeks now. Ticket sent and was closed no resolution
  • MLDB
    MLDB Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    A teammate of mine had the same issue. CS said known problem, can't fix until you buy again. Oh, and can't offer any compensation either. Basically, if you are unlucky enough to get this problem, you're stuck with it and no recourse.
  • ruyen
    ruyen Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Having the problem now, after resetting my phone and using Facebook restore to get account updated.

Since then (few days ago) I don't get the bonuses unless I watch the ads.

PS: Day 11 of my VIP subscription.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    ruyen wrote:
    Having the problem now, after resetting my phone and using Facebook restore to get account updated.

Since then (few days ago) I don't get the bonuses unless I watch the ads.

PS: Day 11 of my VIP subscription.
    How long were you out of play for?

I've heard (secondhand from other players who spoke to Customer Support) that what triggers the skipped ads is simply having made a purchase in the last 30 days. Since VIP lasts 28 days, players who regularly repurchase VIP status and play daily shouldn't see it. If you take a few days off (or a couple weeks, in your case?), your purchase window could time out even as your VIP rewards are still waiting for you.

(This is not an official explanation, just my understanding of how it works.)
  • ruyen
    ruyen Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Cheers Dayv,
    Wish they would reply to my ticket to figure it out, extend my VIP or whatnot. And yeah, my break was between 2 and 4 weeks, through Xmas and New years at least.