Anyone have any guesses / oracles about Galactus Essentials?

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I need to sell all my 144 2*s, but don't want to end up with no Essentials or heavily Powered Up OBW / Ares / cStorm / MNMags / Hawkeye, during Galactus Hungers For Santa.

:+/

Comments

• tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Why would you sell all your 2*?u will lose more than u gain
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    they usually don't tell us who all the essentials are till the event opens.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I need to sell all my 144 2*s, but don't want to end up with no Essentials or heavily Powered Up OBW / Ares / cStorm / MNMags / Hawkeye, during Galactus Hungers For Santa.

:+/

Aren't there like three different events dropping on the 22nd? I don't know if we're seeing multiple PVEs or not, but the placement rewards for the Hunt should be essential for ONE of them, at least. Ghost Rider, Patch, and 2* Cap.

If they drop two different PVEs on the 22nd, I honestly have no idea what to expect.
  • DFiPL
    Galactus Hungers (12/22/16) *New Update*

Featured Characters
    4* - Ghost Rider (Spirit of Vengeance)
    3* - Wolverine (Patch)
    2* - Steve Rogers (Captain America)

From the Sneak Peek thread. Them's be the essentials.
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    MPQ Sneak Peek: December 2016 Edition *Updated (12/20/2016)https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55479
    Galactus Hungers (12/22/16) *New Update*
    Featured Characters
    4* - Ghost Rider (Spirit of Vengeance)
    3* - Wolverine (Patch)
    2* - Steve Rogers (Captain America)

Recently updated.

Also, farming 2 star.png is definitely a huge value.
  • TLCstormz
    Thanks so much, y'all two!!!

Now......how do we usually find out the Powered Up List, beforehand?
  • DFiPL
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Thanks so much, y'all two!!!

Now......how do we usually find out the Powered Up List, beforehand?

That would be the aforementioned Sneak Peeks thread, which details who's slated to be Powered Up in a given week:
    (12/15/16 - 12/22/16)
    4* - Ghost Rider, Kingpin, Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force), Sam Wilson (Captain America), Winter Soldier
    3* - Daredevil, Dr Strange (Stephen Strange), Human Torch (Classic), Blade (Daywalker), Squirrel Girl
    2* - Hawkeye (Modern), Moonstone
    1* - Juggernaut, Venom (Dark Avengers)

(12/22/16 - 12/29/16) *New Update*
    4* - Venom (Agent Venom), Iceman, Iron Man (Hulkbuster), Nick Fury, Peggy Carter
    3* - The Hood, The Hulk (Indestrucible), The Punisher (Dark Reign), Thor (Modern), Vision
    2* - Bullseye (Dark Avengers), Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)
    1* - Hawkeye (Classic), Spider-Man (Original)

Mostly it's going to be the cats in the second group. The ones in the first group may be powered up for the first day of the event, which is why I include them, but mostly you're gonna be rollin' with the second group.
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Same place. Brigby will normally put it out there about a week ahead of time (sometimes more).

*edit* click the preview button and discover that I am once again too slow.
  • DFiPL
    matthatter wrote:
    Same place. Brigby will normally put it out there about a week ahead of time (sometimes more).

*edit* click the preview button and discover that I am once again too slow.

tumblr_npnmo4fxxY1uvu8t2o1_500.gif
  • TLCstormz
    That's so weird, those updates aren't showing up for me in that thread. Thanks, again!
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    tph_james wrote:
    Why would you sell all your 2*?u will lose more than u gain

Oh you poor dear. Have you not discovered the joys of 2* farming? Open your heart to the covers, XP, CP, HP and ISO!
  • DFiPL
    TLCstormz wrote:
    That's so weird, those updates aren't showing up for me in that thread. Thanks, again!

First page! He updates the main post, and if he posts later in the thread, it's along the lines of "Updated such and such." But the updates are always in the very first post.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whhaaa, hulkbuster, iceman, and fury boosted...that's 50% of my champed 4 stars. Gonna kill the Galactus event.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    Whhaaa, hulkbuster, iceman, and fury boosted...that's 50% of my champed 4 stars. Gonna kill the Galactus event.

Also REALLY helps to have 3* Punisher boosted. More HP so he lasts longer and can use Retribution to finish off a high HP Galactus.