disappointing token streak

Crnch73
Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I know it's supposedly random (thoughts on the validity of that some other time...) but I just wanted to post about my current token streak.

this includes PVP and PVE event tokens, tacos, heroics, elites, limited vault pulls... even standard tokens. Basically, everything besides legendary pulls.

I am currently on a streak of 48 tokens pulled without getting higher than the lowest allowed. Meaning, all standard tokens are popping out 1*, and all others are popping out 2*. At shield level 63, I was hoping for something better. I know the odds technically say this is a doable number, but that is a swift kick to the crotch. If we include legendary pulls where I haven't gotten a 5*, I am actually up to 57 tokens pulled in a row where the game has spit out the lowest possible prize. Frustrating to say the least, where the randomness of this game has reduced my roster to stagnant.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's some handy advice I recieved from CS yesterday, it may help you out
    To increase your likelihood of obtaining the covers you seek, you could keep an eye out for an event offering enhanced drop rates for the desired cover and purchase packs from the event's store or participate in the event to earn tokens. Otherwise, event rewards are also a great way to earn covers.

You just have to wait for character specific events with increased odds and buy those token packs

Still waiting for the elusive 5 star.png events...
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I hear you. While my pulls haven't been technically as bad, RNG is killing me in a different manner. Had some CP, so I decided to open a couple classics. Drew my 8th black Nova today. He's been at 4 redflag.png /1 yellowflag.png /5 blackflag.png for a while. Also got a Fury, who's cover complete, but only at lvl 180, because I've got better places to spend my iso at the moment. So, 40 CP for 2000 iso, something you might get from watching a commercial. Yippee icon_cry.gif
  • Crnch73
    fmftint wrote:
    Here's some handy advice I recieved from CS yesterday, it may help you out
    To increase your likelihood of obtaining the covers you seek, you could keep an eye out for an event offering enhanced drop rates for the desired cover and purchase packs from the event's store or participate in the event to earn tokens. Otherwise, event rewards are also a great way to earn covers.

You just have to wait for character specific events with increased odds and buy those token packs

Still waiting for the elusive 5 star.png events...

yea I know all about that, but still... waiting for a specific event/vault to come up is like saving 300 tacos... you are basically saving and waiting, then taking the odds out of it. That CS response basically means "RNG will always screw you over. The only way to get something you want is to spend/save enough so that RNG doesn't matter. We have no intention of making this any better for users..."
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    You're just on a bad streak, happens to all of us. I went from building a green goblin run to pulling a bunch of max color 4 covers run to max covering 4 to 6 fours run.

Peaks and valleys, my advice is to not track your pulls. Makes focusing on those valley streaks less of a focus.
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I'm on a bad streak, but only for Elite tokens. I think I've gotten one 3* cover in my last 15 - 20 tokens. I don't know the exact numbers, but it has been bad enough to make me question the stated percentages. I'm sure it's just bad luck, tough.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    If it helps... I was told if you play more you get better rewards.
  • Crnch73
    currently upped my streak to 73 tokens without getting anything higher than the bare minimum for each token.

I had to empty the Kate Bishop vault, knowing RNG would screw me. She appeared on the 18th item of my 20 pack... this game is cruel
  • Magere
    Magere Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Ever since they hid the scrolling vault results, it's been slim pickens for me as well. I thought it was a bad streak at first, until I hear the same story from my alliance, then other alliances.
    I'm now in no way convinced it's just a rnd nightmare, it's become a way too common occurrence
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm on a bad streak, but only for Elite tokens. I think I've gotten one 3* cover in my last 15 - 20 tokens. I don't know the exact numbers, but it has been bad enough to make me question the stated percentages. I'm sure it's just bad luck, tough.

I read this whole post in Ralph Wiggum's voice and it simply made my day. icon_e_smile.gif