Best 5* Pool Ever : Bolt / BW / Dr or BW / Dr / Thanos???

TLCstormz
TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
A few weeks ago, y'all agreed that the current Latest Legends of Black Bolt, Black Widow, and Doctor Strange was "the best 5*s in one token so far." What about NOW that Thanos is coming?

In other words, should people be pulling their Latest Legends RIGHT NOW?

Or waiting until Thanos rolls in and Black Bolt rolls out?

Also......do any of the articles say when Thanos goes into LTs? lol

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    You posted this twice icon_e_biggrin.gif

Until we see character stats, it is hard to tell but so far Thanos looks like a healthpack problem to me.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Depends on your odds of getting Bolt to a usable level in the next 3 days vs. getting Thanos to a usable level in the next 6 months. If both options are available to you, I say go for Bolt. Otherwise wait and see who comes next.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    We still don't have max numbers on Thanos' damage abilities. No way to know until then. Black Bolt and Dr. Strange are the best two PvE 5 stars. I can't imagine Thanos will be better. Additionally, Thanos does team damage (which for all we know, goes away at 5 covers), which would make him **** for PvE. He also tanks with his green, meaning he is just not good for repeated play. He damages himself and his team with his abilities. I can imagine him being like Carnage in PvP. People start off being afraid of fighting him because of the damage they think he can dish out, only to realize he isn't that bad. We need more information before we can decide, and it might be too late by the time we get the information.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    notamutant wrote:
    We still don't have max numbers on Thanos' damage abilities. No way to know until then. Black Bolt and Dr. Strange are the best two PvE 5 stars. I can't imagine Thanos will be better. Additionally, Thanos does team damage (which for all we know, goes away at 5 covers), which would make him **** for PvE. He also tanks with his green, meaning he is just not good for repeated play. He damages himself and his team with his abilities. I can imagine him being like Carnage in PvP. People start off being afraid of fighting him because of the damage they think he can dish out, only to realize he isn't that bad. We need more information before we can decide, and it might be too late by the time we get the information.

Bolt is going to be tough to beat. If Thanos' self-damage goes away at higher covers and the overall damage is high, then he could be awesome. Also, the purple ability scaling up past 15% could be great. But, just don't know.

Who could resist the call of the mystery box? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKZJdaiJF84
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Depends on your odds of getting Bolt to a usable level in the next 3 days vs. getting Thanos to a usable level in the next 6 months. If both options are available to you, I say go for Bolt. Otherwise wait and see who comes next.

Not six months. They introduce a new 5* on average once a month - actually a little bit over. Black Bolt was introduced in Early August, so that's been a bit over four months.

Is it enough time? I dunno. I got mine covered, but I was somewhat lucky and he is, in fact, my only fully-covered 5*. I'm trying to decide if I want to keep pulling from Latest with my CP (I have Widow at 8 covers and Strange at 7,) or go back to Classics and hope to finish some of my older 5*s.

Anyway, like everyone else says, until we see stats it will be impossible to tell. If I hadn't covered my Bolt, though, I'd just keep pulling from the current pool - a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Bolt seems better than Thanos from what we know so far. I'd use those latest LT's now.

Strange is fantastic and BW is good as well.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Black Bolt seems better than Thanos from what we know so far. I'd use those latest LT's now.

Strange is fantastic and BW is good as well.

Yeah I agree.

Thanos looks good/powerful but you will have to deal with the self-damage, because it looks like at 5 covers you do the same damage than at 1, 50% of your damage to the other team, seems covers just add damage (well you do more self-damage, because you do more damage to the other team). Also, all his other powers use countdowns...

BBolt doesn't have those problems, and even being a two power man, those two powers are really really good.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    To early to tell but there is no rush. Before he is in the Latest tokens he will have his own vault for couple of days. And before that we should see the stats as well. So then we can make a more educated decision. Gut is telling me to pull all now and then skip Thanos completly (by that I mean pulling from Classics or hoard).

I don't have Bolt covered but my Natasha (2-2-2) and Strange (4-4-3) would suggest getting the latest but I am in no rush and I am not sure about Thanos, I might still pull the tokens I get but not CP.
  • Polares
    edited December 2016
    Things we know about Thanos: (checking screen caps from the article https://news.marvel.com/games/57133/piecing-together-marvel-puzzle-quest-thanos/)

- He has a TON of life. At 255 he has 16.163, as a comparison IM46 has 12401, that is 33% more life than IM !!! So depending how it grows he might be the first 5 with 60k hitpoints !!! No idea of his match damage, probably high.

- Black with two covers, (at 255 level) does 2731/976. At 5 covers it might be close to 4-5k? Then at 450 this will be close to 16-20k and 8-10k to your own team and then everybody else stunned (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    - Purple is the power we know more about (even though we don't know how it scales with covers). +15% match damage, and X turns of no changes in the board. Probably more covers will add extra turns, I think damage doesn't grow.
    - Green is a 4 turn countdown (probably less turns at 5) and AoE damage. No idea of the damage, being a countdown, probably high.

Well if the images are at 255 as they usually are, Thanos will be crazy good? His hitpoints look to be out of this world, and a passive that does close to 16k to the other team (and 8k to your team) ????? OMG! This guy for hops can be crazy, and he will be the new king of defense!

Common reds we want to see his numbers!!!! icon_razz.gif

PS: I need to finish my BBolt, I have 12 covers (!!!!), but for people with a small amount of BBolt covers, you should wait and see the final numbers, because Thanos might be a stupidly strong (even though, stupidly crazy too icon_razz.gif)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    and he will be the new king of defense!
    What is this "defense" you speak of?
  • Polares
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    and he will be the new king of defense!
    What is this "defense" you speak of?

Hahaha yeah you are right. But there are still some chars that are way more annoying to play against than others, and a 60k hitpoint char, that can do 15-20k to all your chars if it manages to kill one, can certainly be annoying.

If that is the final damage, it basically means, that if the AI manages to kill one of your chars, you will probably lose! Having your team stunned after suffering 15-20k damage could potentially be quite hard to recover from!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wouldnt phoenix/oml/bss crush ir phoenix/bss/gg crush anything we have had recently?
  • Polares
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Wouldnt phoenix/oml/bss crush ir phoenix/bss/gg crush anything we have had recently?

I think phoenix/bss/gg it is probably the BEST 5s in LATEST EVER or B5iLE icon_razz.gif The problem was that at the time they were released Spidey was not considered a great 5, at that time in most lists he was considered to be just better than SS. Even PH was considered to be worse than what most people thinks now, so at that time most of us didn't know this was the B5iLE

Also GG/Banner/IM46 is one of the best (not for Banner obviously icon_razz.gif)
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Things we know about Thanos: (checking screen caps from the article https://news.marvel.com/games/57133/piecing-together-marvel-puzzle-quest-thanos/)

- He has a TON of life. At 255 he has 16.163, as a comparison IM46 has 12401, that is 76% more life than IM !!! So depending how it grows he might be the first 5 with 60k hitpoints !!! No idea of his match damage, probably high.

- Black with two covers, (at 255 level) does 2731/976. At 5 covers it might be close to 4-5k? Then at 450 this will be close to 16-20k and 8-10k to your own team and then everybody else stunned (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    - Purple is the power we know more about (even though we don't know how it scales with covers). +15% match damage, and X turns of no changes in the board. Probably more covers will add extra turns, I think damage doesn't grow.
    - Green is a 4 turn countdown (probably less turns at 5) and AoE damage. No idea of the damage, being a countdown, probably high.

That's ~30% more. 75% more would be 21k

As someone not in the 5 tier, it seems to me like any sort of self damage is a really bad idea.

it hasn't worked out decently since original sentry IIRC.

the 3 star thanos is already very poorly balanced damage wise at 5 black

https://news.marvel.com/wp-content/uplo ... tDeath.jpg
  • Polares
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    - He has a TON of life. At 255 he has 16.163, as a comparison IM46 has 12401, that is 76% more life than IM !!! So depending how it grows he might be the first 5 with 60k hitpoints !!! No idea of his match damage, probably high.

That's ~30% more. 75% more would be 21k

Yeah completely right, I don't know what I have divided to get 70% :S (I guess 124/161 which is wroooong)
    GurlBYE wrote:

As someone not in the 5 tier, it seems to me like any sort of self damage is a really bad idea.

it hasn't worked out decently since original sentry IIRC.

the 3 star thanos is already very poorly balanced damage wise at 5 black

https://news.marvel.com/wp-content/uplo ... tDeath.jpg

3 Thanos looks like a much much worse than 3 Strange. The passive does almost the same damage to both teams, which it is something you dont want in a power in your team.

5 Thanos for hops might be really useful if his numbers are high. Yeah you get damage, but the other team gets damaged a lot more (double) and they are also stunned. So for a couple or even three fights in a hop, he can be really good.

Just imagine BBolts green at full power 27k AoE, then the featured 3 dies, then Thanos AoE passive is fired, then the other team is dead (With a 430+ level Rhulk it is even easier to do). The damage is high, but the reward can be amazing in the correct team. In the Rhulk team specially, it can be blazingly fast. And let's see who will dare attack a 120k hitpoints team + featured 3 icon_razz.gif