Known Issue: Certain Abilities Not Activating

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

The team is aware that certain abilities are currently not activating. (For instance, Magneto's Polarizing Force and Storm's Mistress of the Elements)
They are currently investigating this issue. When there is new information that can be provided, this post will be updated accordingly.

Update: The team has identified the cause, and the following affected abilities will be addressed in tomorrow's daily patch:
    • Human Torch (Classic) - Inferno • Human Torch (Johnny Storm) - Inferno • Magneto (Classic) - Polarizing Force • Sentry (Dark Avengers ) - Sacrifice • Storm (Modern) - Mistress of the Elements • Storm (Mohawk) - Mistress of the Elements • Wolverine (Old Man Logan) - Reluctant Hero
Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Comments

• westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Thank you for the information. Since Magneto is an important part of Lightning Rounds, is there any way to have them run the heroic version until the fix is complete. Thanks.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    I just came here because of this. I use both Magneto and Storm in my Enchilada team, so it was hard not to notice. It wasn't fun, but I finished the waves without losses.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Updated announcement with list of affected powers and fix timeframe
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    At some point you all should test your game... Or admit incompetence.
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Miles' Power & Respolsobility is also not gaining blue AP when a webbed tile is matched. Please add it to the list. Thanks, Brigby!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will
    Not
    Flame
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Will
    Not
    Flame

C'mon man, breathe.
    keep-calm-say-woosah.jpg

woosah-gif-bad-boys-2.gif
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Add goon scaling to the broken list
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    The bright side of this is maybe they will award us special Thanos / Christmas vault tokens as thanks for our patience!
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    I've heard team mates also saying that 5* Spider-Man's Automotive Artillery isn't activating the stun component of the ability. Don't have a usable BSSM, so can't verify this.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    And while I cannot use these powers, I got beaten by a Magneto's red in SHIELD Sim. Of course.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 5/3/3 OML is working fine
    Maybe it's a specific cover issue? 4/5?
    morph3us wrote:
    I've heard team mates also saying that 5* Spider-Man's Automotive Artillery isn't activating the stun component of the ability. Don't have a usable BSSM, so can't verify this.
    My 5/4/3 BiB is working normally
  • loslupus77
    loslupus77 Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Really, how hard is it to release a new version that doesn't break more things than it fixes? Some testing might be useful in order to avoid negative feedback from gaming society, but have it your way.

Even if this is fixed with tomorrow's patch, the lightning rounds will have already started by then. With Magneto being important part of villains week, any developer with at least some level of logical thinking would simply run Heroes week rather than Villains, but as we are talking about Demi/D3 I won't be holding my breath.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Magneto and Storm have been working for me again.
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Noobulator wrote:
    At some point you all should test your game... Or admit incompetence.

Noob we're more likely to get compensation as beta testers before either of those things.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    TeamStewie wrote:

Have you downloaded the new patch yet?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    maltyo9 wrote:
    TeamStewie wrote:

Have you downloaded the new patch yet?
    Magneto worked on my alt-account (Steam) and this was after the Release was updated.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor

Is this a villains week? Last week was villains .... don't know if it was 1st or second .... don't remember the week before.

This week is Villains week two
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hulk is back and both Storm and Mags are working fine for me...is this "certain abilities" thing not on steam?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also for me on iOS. Guess we got a quicker fix than posted. Can't complain.