Known Issue: Certain Abilities Not Activating

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

The team is aware that certain abilities are currently not activating. (For instance, Magneto's Polarizing Force and Storm's Mistress of the Elements)
They are currently investigating this issue. When there is new information that can be provided, this post will be updated accordingly.

Update: The team has identified the cause, and the following affected abilities will be addressed in tomorrow's daily patch:
    • Human Torch (Classic) - Inferno • Human Torch (Johnny Storm) - Inferno • Magneto (Classic) - Polarizing Force • Sentry (Dark Avengers ) - Sacrifice • Storm (Modern) - Mistress of the Elements • Storm (Mohawk) - Mistress of the Elements • Wolverine (Old Man Logan) - Reluctant Hero
Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    No offense but this should really be cross posted to general where people will actually see it
  • Brigby
    fmftint wrote:
    No offense but this should really be cross posted to general where people will actually see it
    Done!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:

Counterpoint: The number of separate posts in this forum with near-identical titles shows that people don't read topics in any forum before making new ones.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Have you people not heard of regression testing?!? Or even the basics of QA? It's completely unprofessional the number of new bugs introduced for pre-existing functionality. When I was working as a software engineer, this kind of stuff would have gotten me canned. This continued stuff is why I cannot recommend this game to my friends!!!

*Removed Profanity*
    - Brigby
  • Brigby
    *Updated announcement with list of affected abilities and fix timeframe
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks Brigby,

Great to hear that this will be fixed very soon icon_e_smile.gif
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Weird, my Reluctant Hero on my OML and Inferno on my Human Torch are working fine for me... must be something hit or miss causing them to not activate.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    My Magneto and Storm worked last time I used them even though Magneto had been broken before.
  • Vinson18
    Vinson18 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    The Sniper ability Deadly Shoot does not trigger the Dr. Strange ability Flames of the Faltine.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vinson18 wrote:
    The Sniper ability Deadly Shoot does not trigger the Dr. Strange ability Flames of the Faltine.

It's a passive, even says so in-game now, and isn't intended to trigger Flames of the Faltine (or Everyone With Me). There are 10+ threads about this already. Welcome to the forum.
  • Vinson18
    Vinson18 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Vinson18 wrote:

It's a passive, even says so in-game now, and isn't intended to trigger Flames of the Faltine (or Everyone With Me). There are 10+ threads about this already. Welcome to the forum.

Oops.....you're completely correct.....my bad.
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I was doing the Thanos Crash of the Mad Titan node using R&G. I used R&G's green, but the ability didn't work. I didn't do any dmg to Thanos and the tiles didn't blow up either.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Folks need to read Thanos' ability text. His purple prevents anyone else from changing the board. No board destruction except matches, no laying countdowns, no placing strike.pngprotect.png or attack.png tiles. R&G won't heal because they won't destroy TU tiles, etc, etc.
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Folks need to read Thanos' ability text. His purple prevents anyone else from changing the board. No board destruction except matches, no laying countdowns, no placing strike.pngprotect.png or attack.png tiles. R&G won't heal because they won't destroy TU tiles, etc, etc.

You're 100% wrong about my situation, sorry. 2nd attempt everything worked how it was supposed to.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, I'm sure you're the only person who activated R&G's green and had it fail completely when Thanos *didn't* have out his purple countdown tile that just happens to cause R&G's green to fail completely.
  • Brigby
    Let's keep it friendly here please. Thank you.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can I add one to the list? Phoenix green just failed to activate in a match when she was stunned. It wasn't against Thanos, either. It was in the R&G event against Logan/Phoenix, and she got tapped by a TU stun. Then Logan activated yellow which took her out, but not resurrection tile. Cost me the match. ;(
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Using oml/phx with 3thanos in essential node for current pve, and Phoenix's resurrection tile is not coming up after she's killed from thanos' court death self damage to team