I'll never be this lucky again...

Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'd been trying to get Nova maxed for some time since he felt really good to use. I threw away a yellow a while back that I got out of luck...he was at 1/3/1 for ages and I had a daily reward coming up of a yellow plus one of my champs was going to give him a yellow. Then I got one from a token, ruining everything.

But time went on and he was soon at 1/5/5. Figured it would take ages to get those last two reds and I'd probably end up throwing away a bunch of blacks and yellows while I wait (like with Jean Grey...damn blue covers). Didn't get lucky on that first limited vault which had a red...and didn't feel like validating the price by dropping 3600 HP on it when there was not much else in there I wanted. But a PvP token got me a red Nova regardless!

So at that point I began saving up my CP to just buy that red outright, no way was I going to get two red Novas within the space of a fortnight, I'm not that lucky.

Opened my three alliance Elite reward tokens today and got a GSBW, a Coloccus and a 2* Storm. GSBW champ level got my a heroic token. That heroic token got me...a red Nova.

Champed him immediately. Now I have 63CP and I'm waiting to see which Ghostrider cover I get as a freebie from the event after The Hunt. Kinda cursing the fact I'm working, which means I can't possibly get top ten to get that last green GR I need ¬¬

Comments

• padei_panda
    padei_panda Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Nice one!

I'm in a similar position but at a smaller level.
    I have 4 covers waiting for my 2/5/5 Strange.
    I managed to pull a Strange off an elite token and it was.... yellow icon_e_sad.gif

So I have 6 days to try and get the blue below I have to spend 20 CP.

EDIT: Oh and at one stage I did have 2 Nova black covers in queue but I had to sell them as I could not get a red nor yellow. And trying to save CP to buy a cover was just too hard...
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Now I have 63CP and I'm waiting to see which Ghostrider cover I get as a freebie from the event after The Hunt. Kinda cursing the fact I'm working, which means I can't possibly get top ten to get that last green GR I need ¬¬

So far the progression reward is always the same color as the color displayed for the top 10 rewards. Unless they change it that means it will be a green Ghost Rider progression reward for the event after the hunt. My 5/2/5 Ghost Rider is jealous of your luck. It's top 10 or nothing for me.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    HaywireII wrote:
    Now I have 63CP and I'm waiting to see which Ghostrider cover I get as a freebie from the event after The Hunt. Kinda cursing the fact I'm working, which means I can't possibly get top ten to get that last green GR I need ¬¬

So far the progression reward is always the same color as the color displayed for the top 10 rewards. Unless they change it that means it will be a green Ghost Rider progression reward for the event after the hunt. My 5/2/5 Ghost Rider is jealous of your luck. It's top 10 or nothing for me.

Wasn't aware of that.

Since my Spider Gwen will be at 12 covers, and assuming GR does get his last green in the next PvE progression, I'm going to be seriously ISO starved.
    I mean, I know Gwen is only a so-so 4*, but I just really like the character. That's my primary reason for champing anyone these days, I mean I have Thor, HB, JG, Iceman, XFW, Cyclops, XFDP, Rhulk and others champed and they're all really the top tier. All that's left is the peeps I just like in general.

Getting Spider Gwen and Ghost Rider up is gonna be a pain. And I really want to champ Chulk now, too...since he's actually good now.