How Is This Possible?

StarScream
StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This guy is second in my group today in the Juggernaut Heroic with 18,699 points. He can't do two of the essentials and a handful of his roster is not available. With the exception of the Fury essential, I have done all missions to four clears where applicable and the rest to the one and done. I only have 17,240.

commandpointsbig.png*mod edit* Please do not post other players names or rosters without their permission. This is a violation of forum rules. And it's also kinda rude, so please don't do it.

Thank you.
Danger
commandpointsbig.png

Comments

• IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    You say you are clearing each node 4 times. But you can clear them several more. It takes 6 clears per node to get all the rewards and the 10xp from each node.
  • Dogbert730
    Dogbert730 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    I would like an explanation as well. I'm beating each level 8+ times, farming them till they give 1 point each, and yet people have 1000-2000 more points than me. Like, seriously how is this possible without hacking?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogbert730 wrote:
    I would like an explanation as well. I'm beating each level 8+ times, farming them till they give 1 point each, and yet people have 1000-2000 more points than me. Like, seriously how is this possible without hacking?
    Perhaps they're clearing more optimally.

Optimal: Clear all nodes 4 times as soon as event/sub begins, as fast as possible, clearing the nodes with the highest point rewards first. This allows them to regenerate more points faster than someone slower/later. Do a fifth clear a few hours before sub ends, when point bars are close to full again, once more clearing the biggest point nodes first. Time your last clear as close to finish as possible. Do a seventh+ clear on any nodes still offering more than 1 point.

This can be the difference of 1000-2000 points.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogbert730 wrote:
    q0vdjb.jpg
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Way back in my mpq youth (10 months ago, when I started), I also suspect cheating was taking place (I still think some does), but over time I realized the difference in points comes from others clearing faster. They start the sub early, they finish in as little as 35 minutes, and they clear the sub down to 1 on final grind in under hour.
  • clear speed, order of node clears and timing/speed on the final grind to get each sub to one are all critical in top placement. if youre not doing all three you will be outdone. maybe try a lower cl if youre looking for top placements as well in order to reduce the competetion.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu wrote:
    Optimal: Clear all nodes 4 times as soon as event/sub begins, as fast as possible, clearing the nodes with the highest point rewards first. This allows them to regenerate more points faster than someone slower/later. Do a fifth clear a few hours before sub ends, when point bars are close to full again, once more clearing the biggest point nodes first. Time your last clear as close to finish as possible. Do a seventh+ clear on any nodes still offering more than 1 point.

I'm not sure about the maths, but I believe the most optimal way to clear at the end of the sub is to leave all 3 final clears towards the end in 1 single grind, and grind each node to 1 in order of lowest points to highest points. At least, that's what I see from the only time I ever ground the nodes down to 1 for the Medusa release event (got 2nd for that, a couple hundred points behind first only because I ran out of time for the first sub). The only problem with that is that you run the risk of running out of time if you underestimate your time required.

But yeah, if you're not grinding down to 1 (which you don't sound like you are) you're losing out on at least 1000+ points each sub, which can add up to be pretty substantial.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    metallion wrote:
    I'm not sure about the maths, but I believe the most optimal way to clear at the end of the sub is to leave all 3 final clears towards the end in 1 single grind, and grind each node to 1 in order of lowest points to highest points. At least, that's what I see from the only time I ever ground the nodes down to 1 for the Medusa release event (got 2nd for that, a couple hundred points behind first only because I ran out of time for the first sub). The only problem with that is that you run the risk of running out of time if you underestimate your time required.

But yeah, if you're not grinding down to 1 (which you don't sound like you are) you're losing out on at least 1000+ points each sub, which can add up to be pretty substantial.

This is how I've been doing it. 4 clears when a sub opens ASAP, reaching that final node first then alternating between highest node and 4* required, then next highest, 3* required, third highest, 2* required them mop up the easy nodes.

Then about an hour and a half before it ends, grind everything down in the same order.

Also trying to remember to hit that yellow loaner node once a day, too...and grind it down on the last day. That's the worst part, trying to remember which events have a loaner that lasts the whole event and which ones disappear after a day.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    For those interested in how to play PvE optimally I recommend morph3us's PvE Guide found in the Tips and Guide section of the forum. It's a very informative and worthwhile read for those looking to understand the scoring mechanics of PvE.