2* Bullseye should die painfully forever...

Born2DieNPvP
Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
These PvE's heavy laden with Bullseye are breaking me. I can win the matches but they take FOREVER. Inevitably the board is flooded with purple matches and it's just a slog. And of course that means my team is beat up so I'm forced to use health packs (nope) or wait to heal. Soooo slow. Just venting.

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    These PvE's heavy laden with Bullseye are breaking me. I can win the matches but they take FOREVER. Inevitably the board is flooded with purple matches and it's just a slog. And of course that means my team is beat up so I'm forced to use health packs (nope) or wait to heal. Soooo slow. Just venting.

He can be annoying. But there are 2* and 3* ways to deal with him. Loki can transform those protect tiles into strikes for you. And 2* or 3* marvel are basically a hard counter to him since their red can remove enemy protect tiles (3* marvel can remove all of them with 5 red covers). daredevil and 3* strange can also remove enemy special tiles. And using any character that creates purple special tiles can block the ai from getting their own tiles out on the board. You can also stun bullseye before making any purple matches.

He can slow things down, especially when leveled much higher than your team, but he doesn't have too much offensive punch and isn't too threatening.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    There comes a time when you don't even notice he makes them. Bullseye was such a non factor in every match he was in I can't specifically recall seeing him, though I know he's in the event.
    Hang in there and you too will one day not notice he exists.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just bring 3* Dr strange and watch the goons next to him kill him for you. It is extremly humurous. It is making me wish Strange was a 4* so I could use him with increased 5* scaling as well
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:

He can be annoying. But there are 2* and 3* ways to deal with him. Loki can transform those protect tiles into strikes for you. And 2* or 3* marvel are basically a hard counter to him since their red can remove enemy protect tiles (3* marvel can remove all of them with 5 red covers). daredevil and 3* strange can also remove enemy special tiles. And using any character that creates purple special tiles can block the ai from getting their own tiles out on the board. You can also stun bullseye before making any purple matches.

He can slow things down, especially when leveled much higher than your team, but he doesn't have too much offensive punch and isn't too threatening.
    Loki and Marvel were unavailable in Juggernaut heroic
    I barely used DD, but actually used Kingpin (1/4/2) Quite a bit (using The Fisk Defense to Fuel Thor's Thunderstrike (I only have Maggia Pawns at 2))
    They worked quite well with Hawkeye
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Isn't squirrel girl available? The purple skill punishes the shield tiles. Or if you match them and there's only one out, then not much damage reduction.
    Win win!
  • Oh I agree with all of you. I'm well into 4* land but most of the good counters available to use aren't available for Juggs Heroic or I don't have them well covered. Like I said I can beat his nodes every time but it just takes so long. Cuts into my half assery time! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Shmoe50
    Shmoe50 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Squirrel Girl plus Strange and 3* Blade pretty much crushed him with little time wasted for me...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Normally he annoys me too, depending on his level. I hate Dark Avengers nodes where he, Ares, and Juggernaut are level 250. Yikes. I never know who to take out first.

But this event, and especially this second sub, he's been paired with two goons. My 3Blade and 3Strange chewed him up like he was made of wet paper.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can anyone guess who my suggestion includes? .... No? Okay, I'll tell. It's Peggy. Her red ignores protect tiles. I concentrate on red, unless I'm running the human battery, then yellow to get red. But I gather red and knock Bullseye out before he can make to many tiles. My favorite team to run against special tile generators is Peggy, IM, and Teen Jean. Peggy takes out Bullseye and then Jean handles the clean up.

If you don't have a usable Peggy, ask for her team up.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    wymtime wrote:
    Just bring 3* Dr strange and watch the goons next to him kill him for you. It is extremly humurous. It is making me wish Strange was a 4* so I could use him with increased 5* scaling as well

He actually still holds his own pretty well. Get a few PHX or OML strikes out and watch him continue to melt faces with 5* scaling.
  • Pope Belligerent
    Pope Belligerent Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Shmoe50 wrote:
    Squirrel Girl plus Strange and 3* Blade pretty much crushed him with little time wasted for me...

This was my strategy too. It's the first time I've ever not hated Bullseye. Purple matches fuel Nuts From Above and make protect tiles to strengthen it. I was routinely doing 8k damage every time I fired it off.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Dormammu wrote:
    Normally he annoys me too, depending on his level. I hate Dark Avengers nodes where he, Ares, and Juggernaut are level 250. Yikes. I never know who to take out first.

But this event, and especially this second sub, he's been paired with two goons. My 3Blade and 3Strange chewed him up like he was made of wet paper.

Is there a scenario where you don't take Juggs out first? He can get out of control real quick if RNG decides to be tempermental.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:

Is there a scenario where you don't take Juggs out first? He can get out of control real quick if RNG decides to be tempermental.
    Yeah. I often choose to take Bullseye out first if it's a purple-heavy board. His defense tiles are what can get out of control fast when he's high level. Ares and Juggs are both going to get theirs, but with Bullseye out of the way at least I know I can get mine too.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Think I just had my most enjoyable heroic event in a long time.

As someone already posted Dr strange happily wiped the floor with poor bullseye

What made it even more enjoyable was that I've just champed Nick Fury and I already had a champed ice man so the last event was an absolute breeze.