Comments

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Morphis wrote:
    Ohboy wrote:
    mixed bag wrote:
    Evolutionary Leap

I do not own this but I rarely see any opponent cast it.

Then I look at Altered Ego which is a rare, cheaper, dual colour and is not limited to the first creature. Given Evolutionary Leap can be continually activated because it is a support not a spell like Altered Ego, it still takes turns to cast this with an extra turn to possibly hit the activated gems.

It sounds like I am comparing apples to oranges but as a mythic I would expect more.

If there's one thing I credit to the recent events, it's teaching me the value of evolutionary leap.

It was the first mythic I opened, and I played it for a week before I gave up on it. Being forced to play it to do some objectives taught me that things have changed, and it's pretty awesome now.
    Well I thought the same then I realized it is activate 1.

Since when?!
    Cause I remember it being activate 2 and still not good enough for my taste.
    With activate 1 is basically screaming use only with Sp and nissa renewals.

It's activate 2
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of this card, Activate 2 is devastating when used with greens ramp and GR
  • Salubri
    Salubri Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The last time I used evolutionary leap it was broken. If the AI made a cascade match with the gem it stopped working.

As for radiant flames, I do use that one in my Chandra and can usually do 15 damage on average. That's a significant amount with some of the creatures that are out now.