Forum thread

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
Forum thread

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey, fun fact: if you can place 1st in every event in SCL 8 for a whole season, and your alliance is tops as well, the progressions and placements for a whole season are worth 350K iso! Enough to champ a 4*! (well, almost...)

That's really depressing...
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    Hey, fun fact: if you can place 1st in every event in SCL 8 for a whole season, and your alliance is tops as well, the progressions and placements for a whole season are worth 350K iso! Enough to champ a 4*! (well, almost...)

It's actually not, because that's extra ON TOP of all of the individual placement/progression/node resources you would get. Basically if there were no seasons, you'd be get regular rewards, and with seasons, you can get up to 350k extra iso a month.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:
    broll wrote:

It's actually not, because that's extra ON TOP of all of the individual placement/progression/node resources you would get. Basically if there were no seasons, you'd be get regular rewards, and with seasons, you can get up to 350k extra iso a month.

Ummm ... no. That was the total value of a PVP season (according to me). The rewards from 10 events, plus season rewards, including sim.

By themselves, the "extras" the seasons deliver, for being 1st in everything in SCL 8, weigh in at under 70K. A 2*! (less champ fee)

Oh. Just kidding then. Didn't see the methodology. Carry on.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    The reason to not go to CL5 for season for me is that 10k only gets the you 15cp compared to 25. One crack at a 5* is not worth the potential windfall in heroic 10packs and iso.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    The one thing you are missing from your analasys is the amount of points you score in a season. For example i score over 16k points last season. I ended up to join CL7 to get top 25 personal placement. I probably would have gotten top 50 in CL8. For each PVP I did do CL8 and scored top 25 in all but 1 PVP event. If I went CL 7 I might have gotten top 10 depending on who was in CL7 with me. For me CL 7 was better then 6 because even though I might have gotten top 10 or top 5 but it would really depend on who was in the bracket with me. A good addition in the future is what point total would be necessary to compete for higher placement in each CL. This would need to be a forum effort, but would give people n idea as to where to play. If someone is going to only get the 10 pack maybe cl4 is best. If they hit 10k maybe CL6?

Also I think you are valuing CP too low. CP are the most expensive currency in the game and the only way to get 5* is with LT and they can only be purchased with CP. Leaving even 10 on the table to get. Little more ISO seems off. If you value CP more like me the CL 7 is a much better season to choose. CL8 you probably need to be scoring 20k points to make it worth while.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Awesome work again!

My middle of the road 4* transistionee observation. Go CL8. There seems to be minimal argument to not.

Your Alliance, progression and SIM progression are automatically better in a higher CL, since your score and alliance placement are consistent across all CL for these 3 why not get the best rewards. Quick math on max SIM prog, top 100 Alliance and 4000 season prog (this is low but rewards to 7500 aren't too different).

CL6 = 25262.5
    CL7 = 27825
    CL8 = 30875

The only thing changing as you tweak your CL is that your individual placement is better. So if I go CL8, my prior season at 700 avg per event I hit top 500 in CL8. 5787.5 according to the table. So my total season rewards are 36,662.5.

In order to beat that in CL7, I need to personally get 8,837.5, which is top 25 season. That's a huge jump from top 500.

In CL6, I personally need 11,400, or top 5 for the season.

Neither of these is realistically doable. So if you're in transition, go for the higher CL, it's an easy decision, don't give up guaranteed better rewards for the rare possibility of a better personal placement.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Punter1 wrote:
    Awesome work again!

My middle of the road 4* transistionee observation. Go CL8. There seems to be minimal argument to not.

Your Alliance, progression and SIM progression are automatically better in a higher CL, since your score and alliance placement are consistent across all CL for these 3 why not get the best rewards. Quick math on max SIM prog, top 100 Alliance and 4000 season prog (this is low but rewards to 7500 aren't too different).

CL6 = 25262.5
    CL7 = 27825
    CL8 = 30875

The only thing changing as you tweak your CL is that your individual placement is better. So if I go CL8, my prior season at 700 avg per event I hit top 500 in CL8. 5787.5 according to the table. So my total season rewards are 36,662.5.

In order to beat that in CL7, I need to personally get 8,837.5, which is top 25 season. That's a huge jump from top 500.

In CL6, I personally need 11,400, or top 5 for the season.

Neither of these is realistically doable. So if you're in transition, go for the higher CL, it's an easy decision, don't give up guaranteed better rewards for the rare possibility of a better personal placement.
    The difference is you can choose a lower CL for the season and do different CL for each PVP. The table shows equivalent ISO rewards not season score needed. In CL7 you would need to score 15-16k for top 25 placement. At 5787 CL 5 would potentially get you top 25. I am not sure as I normally play higher end PVP which is why I stay higher CL.
    You might be able to place top 50-top 25 in CL6 which would make things interesting for you with the amount of rewards.
    The progression rewards for the season are not much different from CL6-8 but placing higher in a lower CL means you get a lot more. I got 2 10 packs instead of 5 heroics from last season which went towards my 2* farm and 15 covers even if most are 2* makes up a huge difference.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Punter1 wrote:
    Awesome work again!

CL6 = 25262.5
    CL7 = 27825
    CL8 = 30875

Hmm, this making me start to question some of the original methodology for quantifying the equivalent Iso-8 cost. The assumptions seem reasonable but, for instance, if I had the opportunity to trade 500 iso for a 3* cover, or 1000 iso for a 4* cover I would leap on that instantly with no regrets. I can earn 1,000 iso in minutes of play a day. 3* and 4* covers though are much more tricky to get, and provide me with a better sense of progressing in the game.

Anyway, what I'm trying to get at here is that a good chunk of that ~1,000 point drop between clearance levels is literally just getting 1,000 iso less. That's something that I'm pretty willing to trade away for the chance of other rewards. I'm not sure how I'd change the initial inputs to better reflect my own values on in game items though.

Thanks for your work on this, aesthetocyst. And for sharing your spreadsheets icon_e_biggrin.gif I'll have to find a moment to play around with the input values myself, and see what they tell me.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    wymtime wrote:
    The difference is you can choose a lower CL for the season and do different CL for each PVP. The table shows equivalent ISO rewards not season score needed. In CL7 you would need to score 15-16k for top 25 placement. At 5787 CL 5 would potentially get you top 25. I am not sure as I normally play higher end PVP which is why I stay higher CL.
    You might be able to place top 50-top 25 in CL6 which would make things interesting for you with the amount of rewards.
    The progression rewards for the season are not much different from CL6-8 but placing higher in a lower CL means you get a lot more. I got 2 10 packs instead of 5 heroics from last season which went towards my 2* farm and 15 covers even if most are 2* makes up a huge difference.

Getting the language mixed up a little. The 5787 isn't season score, it's the ISO equivalent of rewards using the tables in the OP.

So when I say "in CL7, I need to personally get 8,837.5" that means looking in the Individual Placement table to find what position yields at least that amount. Since 11-25 in CL7 has ISO equivalency of 10,237, that's where I need to hit. That's a big stretch and much harder than the CL8 top 500 that yields the same rewards.

I can agree with others that tokens are a little under-valued when use the pure ISO equivalency, and I played with that in the PVP sheet that was kindly provided. To be fair though, through most of CL6-8 the tokens received don't change much so it makes less of a difference than you think.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I think the ISO values for covers and tokens are pretty far off how most players value them. It fits for a cover you have to sell, but a cover that adds a champ level is more valuable, and a cover you really need (A yellow Peggy when yours is 5/2/5) is exponentially more valuable.

I'm not sure how to properly set a value though. Maybe a player poll asking how much they'd pay in ISO for a token or random x-star cover, then use the average?