Miles updates a coming ..
R116 updates

http://www.puzzlewarriors3.com/pw3-e69.html

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    --I nailed both the Nick Fury and Eddie Brock CotTs on the first attempt. Both Legendary tokens from those gave me Doctor Strange covers. He's now my best-covered 5-star (3/2/1).
    --As I remember it, Demiurge_Anthony has posted on Discord that Namor is also on the DNU (do not use) list from Marvel. Sorry.
    --The improvements to Miles Morales are OK but nothing great. Nova is still better for every situation except Crash of the Titans. I still wish they'd worked on Mister Fantastic. Maybe next time.
    --I really don't have a great idea who "A dark obsession" could refer to but like the idea of a Cloak & Dagger duo.
    --I hope the 2XP per PVP battle works with Lightning Rounds, too. I play a LOT of Lightning Rounds.
    --I never thought of adding 4-star Punisher to my Nova & "Battery Man" team and, boy howdy, is that effective. My Punisher is only 4/3/3 but I bumped him up from level 70 to 150 and that's a great team.
    --My Howard the Duck is in the poop house. I'd like more covers for him but don't use him as things stand.
    --That's the movie origin for Howard, not the (ahem) "real" one. Waugh!
    --"Next week is the solstice." I admit: this clue has me a bit stumped. The best I can figure is that since it's the longest night of the year, the character is Moon Knight.
    --It looks like I don't have many comments this week. It was still an outstanding podcast, though. Thank you.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Either that or Winter Soldier. Winter solstice. My mom says it makes sense.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Either that or Winter Soldier. Winter solstice. My mom says it makes sense.

D'oh! Good call.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Funny show, like the deadpan guest and his delivery icon_lol.gif

DR Strange purple also removes invisibility tiles and will be on my team the next time I have to fight that awful duck and those 4 hour fights when you can't get rid of his tiles and he keeps getting purple. I hate him so much I sell him rather than roster and build him.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Where do I begin? Good show, appreciate that you had Aes on, but I thought it was somewhat wasted. He does a ton of placement for mercs in game, I figured there'd at least be something about that, but nothing. Also a longstanding figure on the Forums, compiles lots of info that we all steal and reference for posts. Good show still, but could have done more.

The additional reinforcement for heroics...so close but not quite right. Each pve event is divided into sub-chapters, typically referred to as subs. These last either 24 or 48 hours. For heroic events, you have the limited roster of boosted and featured characters for that event. However, in each sub chapter (which unlocks after playing a few nodes in the main event screen), the game gives you reinforcements in addition to the boosted list to "help" with that sub. Before this was just 3 each 3* or lower characters. Now it's 3 each 3* or lower plus one 4* character each day, changing every day, beginning sub 1, not sub 2. Hope that clears it up.

XP for pvp/versus mode. It is very doubtful you get the xp for losing or retreating. I think this is just a case of improper verbage rather than an actual preview of game experience. Also, farming for xp won't really add up that quick. I can 6x a trivial pve node far quicker than 5x a pvp node for the 10xp. Furthermore, your 2 xp per match boils down to about....20 iso. Haha, sneaky bastards brought it back! But, yeah, good bonus for pvp matches you already play, maybe not enough to continuously farm it.

Miles, miles, miles. 2 things on this. The buff was really a fix for Miles being able to "Surprise!" people from right out in the open. Before you'd have to just build the purple, fire invisible, build again. Now you've gotta either pray your tile isn't matched or save purple x2 instead of one and waste the invisibility. I get that before it didn't make much sense as far as a story goes, but I liked the idea of Spiderman being mid battle and just yelling "Surprise!" and waving his arms right in front of someone. Could just confuse them enough to deal that extra damage. Also...you have an issue with Nova because he looks like a little kid. Miles looks like he's what? 15? Maybe less? Actually, his cover art makes him look like Jaleel White (Steve Urkel). Is that much better than "pew pew pew"?
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Also...you have an issue with Nova because he looks like a little kid. Miles looks like he's what? 15? Maybe less? Actually, his cover art makes him look like Jaleel White (Steve Urkel). Is that much better than "pew pew pew"?
    I think that Sam Alexander is 15 and Miles Morales is 14, but I might be off by a year.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for the content as always!

(1) Dark obsession has to be thanos, right?

(2) miles is almost unchanged, nova still destroys him.

(3) Feature character review: enh, not much to see here; no real complaints. Howard is a niche character, but purple is the most disturbing. 5/3/5 is generally the best way to go, unless you are up against a special-heavy team. Green is a solid boardshake, though it would be much better if it destroyed a different color than it requires to cast.

(4) Strange can get rid of invisibility and trap tiles.

(5) $49.99 means you only need 37k or less iso to raise nova to 270. Plus 12.k to champ him that means no more than 49k iso in 4 days. Even with just the ddq and alliance rewards you will be very close. no reason you can't do it as long as you can log in for 30ish minutes a day.

(6) 5* BW isn't great, but she does have at least one fun use for lower level teams. Run her with Iron Fist and Prof. X. She has purple as her stronger color (only 5* for whom that is true right now), so Prof X blue will generate purple. Use that purple to fuel iron fist, which will provide black to use with "red in my ledger" (and generate more purple if you make any match5s). It's not quite a winfinite combo, but it's close and a lot of fun when it works.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Fun show guys but I agree, Aes was kinda wasted. He's a guy that understands the meta-game like few in this fourm and the most intriguing question you asked him was: "what's your favourite team?" C'mon! Invite him again and go nuts with the nerdy game theory stuff!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Omega Red wrote:
    Fun show guys but I agree, Aes was kinda wasted. He's a guy that understands the meta-game like few in this fourm and the most intriguing question you asked him was: "what's your favourite team?" C'mon! Invite him again and go nuts with the nerdy game theory stuff!

Yeah definitely agree with this. My expectations were high based on the quality (and length) of Aes' posts around here, and they were not met. Case in point: I'm pretty sure he typed more words in the second reply up there than he said over the whole show. (It's a great post, and a good show, don't get me wrong)

Now that could easily be partially my own fault for setting the bar that high to begin with. Still a good show and will not affect, in any meaningful way, my (high) likelihood of listening again.

Glad to hear that Ian is finally on the "champ them all" train icon_e_smile.gif I just rostered Spider-Gwen yesterday; she is my 43rd 4 star roster, and my final 2,3 or 4 star still needing to be rostered (not counting Bag-Man, but he's next).

My HP income is easily more than 1000 every two weeks (thank you, intercepts icon_e_biggrin.gif) so I can expect now to be able to roster every new 4* that gets released, and still have some spare HP left over for the odd daily deal, 3-hr shield, etc...
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Miles over Nova, even Thor is offended by the very idea icon_lol.gif

2mqooxf.jpg
  • Khazaq
    Khazaq Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Hey gents, I know you have a hard time coming up with tangents, but have you seen the new Bethesda tables for Zen Pinball? The Skyrim table starts with building a character and goes from there. Haven't explored them in full, but definitely caught my attention.

And about MPQ, I would be very down with having the whole Power Pack as a new character.

Anyway, great show as always, keep it going! The Ogre sample nearly made me nose my coffee. I call that a win.
  • Jaedenkaal

Aes was not at all wasted, aes was completely sober *rimshot*

Thanks, guys ... but I disagree here. I'm glad you have nice things to say about my forum posts, but I wasn't asked by PW3 to guest on their 'cast because of anything to do with the forum. They were nice enough to invite me because I support their show via Patreon. I support the show because I like what they do, have a goofy time discussing a goofy game. My participation had nothing to do with the forum, wasn't a setup for a deeper discussion, there were no rehearsals of questions sent in advance. It's a lighthearted podcast with an established format, and i like their format, I was just a guy on the show.

I didn't do any prep for the show (quite the opposite; while they were sending me a script and a google invite, I was busy spilling a pint of OJ on my keyboard. Hurray for timing!), for my part it was off the cuff. Listening to it, some of my answers didn't leave much opening for followup ... "Is your roster dominant?" "Sure." (Full stop!) "Why not level GR?" "Lack of iso" (Full stop!) icon_lol.gif .

And it wasn't exactly the most happ'nin' week in MPQ. Now this week, based on today's Thanos / boss fight / sale / double iso announcements, there would be plenty to talk about.

Like I said, definitely my expectations that are to blame here.

It comes in pints?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2016
    Thanks, guys ... but I disagree here. I'm glad you have nice things to say about my forum posts, but I wasn't asked by PW3 to guest on their 'cast because of anything to do with the forum. They were nice enough to invite me because I support their show via Patreon. I support the show because I like what they do, have a goofy time discussing a goofy game. My participation had nothing to do with the forum, wasn't a setup for a deeper discussion, there were no rehearsals of questions sent in advance. It's a lighthearted podcast with an established format, and i like their format, I was just a guy on the show.

I didn't do any prep for the show (quite the opposite; while they were sending me a script and a google invite, I was busy spilling a pint of OJ on my keyboard. Hurray for timing!), for my part it was off the cuff. Listening to it, some of my answers didn't leave much opening for followup ... "Is your roster dominant?" "Sure." (Full stop!) "Why not level GR?" "Lack of iso" (Full stop!) icon_lol.gif .

And it wasn't exactly the most happ'nin' week in MPQ. Now this week, based on today's Thanos / boss fight / sale / double iso announcements, there would be plenty to talk about.

These things are not mutually exclusive. Everything you said can be true and your presence on the show can STILL have been "wasted" (though we could spend ages arguing what that actually means). You have a wealth of knowledge about how the game works that was not expressed in the show (in a goofy way or otherwise). As you say, it might have been easier if there had been a big news item to discuss (like a new boss event or 5* release), but I think that the fun of having guests on the show is to change up the (very enjoyable) standard format and there could have been a beautiful synthesis of goofy podcast and nerdy spreadsheets! (the whole podcast and not one mention of the legendary "Daily Player"?! Hrrrmph. . .)

Alas, it was not to be. . . So yeah, Aesth was wasted! 1/5 stars. This podcast is terrible! pre-order canceled! etc. *rabble rabble*