Secretary Rusk?

Options
Quebbster
Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I got locked out of the game a while back and finally got around to getting a temporary replacement phone and started going through the prologue so I could get my old account transfered to the new phone. When I got to the Tony's Private Office node in the H.A.M.M.E.R. chapter I saw something I don't remember seeing Before: Secretary Rusk appearing to tell Nick Fury he is no longer in charge of SHIELD. It's probably just a Little easter egg, but it was cool nonetheless. He looked appropriately nasty too, though I didn't Think to take a screenshot.

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Interesting. Before, didn't Norman Osborn just show up and tell Nick the same thing?
  • Quebbster
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    Interesting. Before, didn't Norman Osborn just show up and tell Nick the same thing?
    That's how I remember it. Norman is still there bragging, but he brought Dell along with him.
    It would be awesome if this was foreshadowing for a future story, but it's probably just an easter egg. Still impressive that they decided to put a face on him though.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I do remember seeing his face when I originally played the story a long time ago, so I don't think it's new? Although my memory could be tricking me.

Pretty sure he was planned to appear properly in the story later but the Dark Reign story has already been abandoned so I wouldn't expect it any time soon.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Idk, I just play through the frist tutorial then hit the gear to.load from FB ASAP
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I do remember seeing his face when I originally played the story a long time ago, so I don't think it's new? Although my memory could be tricking me.

Pretty sure he was planned to appear properly in the story later but the Dark Reign story has already been abandoned so I wouldn't expect it any time soon.
    He's been there since the beginning... or at least since when I started playing a few weeks after the game launched.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    ZeiramMR wrote:

He's been there since the beginning... or at least since when I started playing a few weeks after the game launched.
    Maybe I just forgot about him then, I started a month or two after the game launched. He and Victoria Hand do imply a bigger story to be told though, it's a shame it was abandoned in favor of new characters every other week.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I started about 8 months ago or so and I don't remember this. Got a screenshot?
  • Quebbster
    Options
    I got a new phone for Christmas and had to restart again, so I took the opportunity to take a few screenshots of Rusk. I can't attach the images, so I'll just link to an album on another site where I uploaded it: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/album.php?albumid=5391
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm pretty sure he was there the whole time. We just all forgot, because many of us started this game years ago.

I vaguely remember.