POLL: Devs Acknowledging Bugs

Options
Plastic
Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
edited December 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I think it would go a long way for the sake of communication AND accountability if the devs would post a list of current bugs they're aware of each week. Acknowledge to the players that you (the devs) understand the issues the players are dealing with in this game you create.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I got so frustrated at the lack of an officially acknowledged list of bugs SOI introduced that I created a single thread to track all that I could find.

I keep meaning to go back and do a new version, but to be honest, I've kind of lost interest as very little from that thread was officially responded to, despite fixes for most of them being implemented.

As an exercise to the interested respondent, check out the pre-1.7 SOI buglist in my signature and see how many of those bugs are still present.
  • Plastic
    Options
    I got so frustrated at the lack of an officially acknowledged list of bugs SOI introduced that I created a single thread to track all that I could find.

I keep meaning to go back and do a new version, but to be honest, I've kind of lost interest as very little from that thread was officially responded to, despite fixes for most of them being implemented.

As an exercise to the interested respondent, check out the pre-1.7 SOI buglist in my signature and see how many of those bugs are still present.

This is one of the things that gets to me and really makes me not want to support the game anymore. Reagan, and many players, put in so much effort to document issues and we don't even know if the devs are aware. I really want things to change but it feels like it isn't going to happen.
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Plastic wrote:
    This is one of the things that gets to me and really makes me not want to support the game anymore. Reagan, and many players, put in so much effort to document issues and we don't even know if the devs are aware. I really want things to change but it feels like it isn't going to happen.

David "HI-FI" Moore DID respond in the thread, and it was very much a "thanks for this, we'll pass them along" reply, but nothing else was discussed with regards to priorities, non-issues, misunderstandings of original card design, and/or limitations of dealing with such reports in the linked threads or the buglist itself.

I understand that the Community Manager's position is more than just responding to squeaky wheels needing oil, and I certainly applaud Brigby for their increased visibility and availability, but instances such as the recent Clues/Supports game breakers make it really difficult to extend my interaction with bug reports beyond "me too"-ing.

In an ideal world, I'd love to see every bug report marked with a "seen" or "documented" flag in the first post, though maintaining such a system would probably become a full time position.

In this obviously less-than-ideal world, crowd sourced solutions such as a community compiled buglist should be stickied, posted in by staff/other official position, and lastly rewarded if only by personal thankyou at the least.

I would actively re-engage with any such system, beyond the level of "me too"-ing.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Should the devs update a bug list/status once a week?"

This is not the correct question -- it should be:

Should the devs create a public bug list and update with status once a week?
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Did you notice the list of bug fixes in the last update? Here it is again. I assume the current list of outstanding issues is longer. Why would they post it? Or do you just want them to address complaints made in the forum? Did you note the seamless update that happened a day or so ago? Fixed some priority issues.

Bug Fixes
    - Menace does not work when Kessig Prowler transforms to Sinuous Predator
    - The creature fails to be blocked when Relentless Dead attacks while two creatures with Defender are on the battlefield.
    - Nettle Drone activates when a colorless creature enters the battlefield.
    - The focus fails to be on the hedron network when viewing Aligned Hedron Network in grid view.
    - The focus fails to be on the grasp when viewing Demon's Grasp.
    - The focus fails to be on the flames when viewing Radiant Flames in grid view.
    - The focus fails to display the alpha when viewing Somberwald Alpha in grid view.
    - The focus displays a cut off hand when viewing Insidious Mist in full view.
    - The focus fails to be on the healing hands when viewing Healing Hands in grid view.
    - The focus fails to be on the niblis when viewing Niblis of Frost in list view.
    - The focus fails to be on Kytheon's tactics when viewing Kytheon's Tactics in grid view.
    - The focus fails to be on the mindbender when viewing Distended Mindbender in list view.
    - The Planeswalker erroneously gains health equal to the defending creature's toughness when a creature with Deathtouch and Lifelink attacks a creature.
    - An infinite loop occurs when Olivia, Mobilized for War discards a creature card to buff Wharf Infiltrator.
    - Multiple Issues occur when casting a second Planeswalker ability while the initial ability's special gems are on the board.
    - Placeholder red Xs display when viewing the 1.7.2 Release Notes widget.
    - Placeholder text displays when viewing the New Bracket Rewards Popup.
    - The text states "the event is not started" when viewing the Leaderboards for an upcoming Event.
    - The text displays "Liliana the Last Home" when viewing the New Planeswalker Available FAQ.
    - The text displays "has to the potential to create havoc" when viewing the Mirrorwing Dragon Mythic Exclusive Bundle information.
    - The text is misleading when viewing the Quick Battle Rules.
    - The text is misleading when viewing the Daily Reward Information.
    - The text erroneously displays as "when no spells were cast" when viewing the Transform Tutorial.
    - The User becomes stuck when claiming a daily reward and attempting to make a purchase right after
    - The game does not prompt the User to purchase a planeswalker in Hallow's Eve PvP if the User does not own that color
    - The badge number fails to update after viewing messages when viewing the Activity Hub button.
    - The "You Qualified in" screen fails to display when tapping the Join Event button of an Event widget.
    - Multiple issues occur when tapping the screen as a support enters the gem board.
    - A "{0}" always appear next to the Inbox button
    - The button turns black when selecting the Purchase button on an IAP.
    - The card fails to be dismissed when tapping the Card Type icon while opening Booster Packs.
    - The background displays solid blue when viewing the full screen Inbox.
    - The artwork displays stretched when viewing the New Planeswalker Available artwork.
    - The Vault header overlaps the notification badge when viewing the loot table for any Booster Pack with a notification badge.
    - A gap erroneously displays between the list and the UI when viewing the bottom of the Leaderboard list.
    - The highlighted text displays a different font compared to the other text when viewing the highlighted Coalition information.
    - A Something went wrong... error message displays when the user logs into Facebook from a Guest account.
    - An infinite loading screen occurs when restarting the app after encountering a purchase error.
  • Hibernum_JC
    Hibernum_JC Posts: 318 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As an FYI, we're always looking at the forums for bugs, feedback, etc. The problem we run into is time - we do not have the time to answer every single time, unfortunately (we don't have someone dedicated to this, and I do what I can in the time I have) so while we may not be 100% responsive on the forums, we still do look at stuff.
  • Plastic
    Options
    Fiddler wrote:
    Did you notice the list of bug fixes in the last update? Here it is again. I assume the current list of outstanding issues is longer. Why would they post it? Or do you just want them to address complaints made in the forum? Did you note the seamless update that happened a day or so ago? Fixed some priority issues.

(insert bug list)

Truthfully, I don't play and have stopped keeping track of new patch info. I come on the forums when I have a few minutes to spare here and there during the day to see if things have changed/been fixed from the past. And yeah that's cool that they have all that stuff listed as fixes, but what about the persistent issues from months ago?

As an FYI, we're always looking at the forums for bugs, feedback, etc. The problem we run into is time - we do not have the time to answer every single time, unfortunately (we don't have someone dedicated to this, and I do what I can in the time I have) so while we may not be 100% responsive on the forums, we still do look at stuff.

As reassuring as you mean this to be, I can't really take it to heart when something like Ob Nixilis' Torment vs Undergrowth Champion or a first turn Avacyn still exist (and there are other examples of bugs from months ago that aren't addressed as well). So if it's just a matter of you and your team not having enough resources/time, then I'll just have to come back at a later date down the line and hope the game is a bit more smoothed out.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I find it hard to believe this based on the post about seasons past.

It was well known what caused the freeze among most players.
    It was debated multiple times here on the forum too.

This oversight can happen, but a list containing details would have helped you greatly in fixing it much sooner.

Something like:
    bug A - we know what causes and are working on a fix
    bug B - still can't understand/reproduce the bug)

Also it's good to know beforehand what is actually considered a bug and what is not.