I do not like 7-day events

Options
Calnexin
Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
The Hulk event is burning me out more than usual. I've been doing 4 clears + green checks after a 12-hour wait for most of the event. Yesterday I did the essentials to 4 but only made it to step 3 on the main path. I fear this has omitted me from the 15 CP, and I'm tempted to stop playing the event. I got the Moon Knight cover, and the only things left are a token (Hello 2*!) and 15 CP (Hello, miniscule progress!).

I'm bored. It's not fun. I played more than usual in the early subs to try to get a leg up. Now I miss one of the later ones and I feel like I should just give up. I'm playing to try to contribute enough points for my alliance to jump a tier, but it feels like work. If I wanted to work, I'd go to work. That would contribute to my yearly review. Bosses like it when you clock in off-hours.

Is this how it's supposed to be? Legions of bored players grinding the same enemies for a straight week to earn a pittance? Games are supposed to be fun, right?

Is it possible to reverse the reward scheme? Switch the 800-some points in the final tier with the 300 in the first? I know that's against game design. You want people to play as long as possible (and now especially with ad revenue), but the early nodes cost the same amount of time as the last one. Yet, the last one is worth 4x the points toward progression. Wouldn't it be better to promote early-adopters, reward progression 3/4 through, and leave the rest for placement?