Dr. Strange's DDQ

matthatter
matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Do we know for sure which cover we will be getting for Dr. Strange's DDQ this round? If the pattern holds true it should be yellowflag.png however given this is his first run, would they give us blueflag.png instead?

Regardless, I need either of them to be able to max level. Just as long as it isn't purpleflag.png ... I have one of them on the vine right now.

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    We are on the cycle that gives second power covers. It will be purpleflag.png
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of course it's the cover that the majority of people will have the most of.

Another reason why I have no regrets about spending CP to cover max him. My Doc is at 168, so I'm just looking forward to another champ level.
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Aw fiddlesticks. I totally looked in the wrong place when I was trying to figure it out myself. Just my luck. Not what I wanted to spend CPs on.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    I think I spent 40 cp on Strange at one point and then crushed the simulator to get him to champ level. I have no regrets about spending the points.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    After his release, I spent 100cp to get the last 5 covers for him after emptying the vaults he was originally in.

I made my first ever push to 900 in his PVP to get the cover at 800, and then the 900 star lord.

Champed him with the 800pt cover, best investment ever - the goon nodes are done in seconds now, not minutes.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    My 1/4/4 Doc demands blue justice! icon_mad.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Of course it's the cover that the majority of people will have the most of.

Another reason why I have no regrets about spending CP to cover max him. My Doc is at 168, so I'm just looking forward to another champ level.

Ugh, I might just do the same. I had always said "Never use CP to buy 3*, because they're so easy to get"

Dr Strange was really easy, sure, but once I hit 12 they just dried up. I got another purple, which was useless and ended up being sold after 2 weeks. I regret doing that tbh.
    Especially since it was dumb to do so...I spend 20CP and end up with a free legendary token anyway.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    snlf25 wrote:
    My 1/4/4 Doc demands blue justice! icon_mad.gif

Exactly same here!
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sure where I got them all, but my 3trange is level 170. I did get lucky enough to get all 3 from the 3 mini vaults.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since we're all exchanging 3strange stories, I was lucky enough to get all his covers without dupes, so yeah me'!
  • padei_panda
    padei_panda Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Oh man that sucks. I also need the blue to champ him (2/5/5).

And I have 2 purple covers in queue.

I might have to give in and spend 20 CP on a 3* cover
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh man that sucks. I also need the blue to champ him (2/5/5).

And I have 2 purple covers in queue.

I might have to give in and spend 20 CP on a 3* cover

I did that tonight with the CP I got from Juggernaut. I don't regret it now his yellow is at 5 covers.
    I mean, 2000 damage every time a minion lays down a countdown timer. I'm all about that.

Though I'm very puzzled that he gives Nova covers as a champ reward. I mean, the only person I guess I'd link him to in 4* world is his Awesome Facial Hair Bro, but we don't really need a new 3* giving out Hulkbuster covers. So I dunno who I'd rather he support, really =/
  • I spent 100 CP to max him and I don't regret it at all. Pair him with Blade and OML if u got him and those strike tiles make his yellow passive even more awesome. I don't have a well covered Nova but he is probably a good OML sub.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    gonna spend 20 cp to get a yellow or blue cover for #13. his pinkple from ddq will be the first champ level. so, 20 cp for an lt plus a 3* cover. works for me.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    I earned 9 doc atrange covers from the events for his release, got a 10th from a token, then rushed for the 3 in the sim. One was a duplicate, so I spent 20cp for his 13th cover, champed and applied the extra. The way I see it, I got a new 3* champ and a latest legends LT for 20cp. Good deal to me!