Suggestion for Deadpool Daily - year 3

FaustianDeal
FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
I think its time for a rework of Deadpool Daily Quest - and its 2nd anniversary is coming up - so its a good time to pop the hood and do some tinkering.

Make Deadpool Daily into a 'weekly' event. And run it like one of the new era PVE events.

Main Event Screen:
* We need a single node on the main screen to start the event and get the first sub open. Name suggestions include: "Let's get this party started", "Wham!", "A Careless Whisper", "It rhymes with Pullverine" - take your pick. a 1-point, dead-simple node to get the ball rolling.
* The Main page for the event is also where I would place the crash nodes. That's right - I said "nodes" plural. Its about time to have more then 1 crash in each run of the event especially if we are making it a weekly deal. Start with 2, but let's give some honest thought to maybe making it 3. Put a cover for each crash-featured 4* in the vault while you are at it. This change gives players *a whole week* to try to win the 4* crash nodes. (Think of all the health packs people could use if you gave them 7 days to try? I'm looking at you, D3 bean counters.) Each crash node can be valued @1 point, or whatever - I recommend assigning them a point value low enough that all of the crash nodes in a week are < 15,000 total points because 'reasons'. Keep reading and you'll figure it out I hope.

Sub(s):
Each sub will be the classic deadpool daily with the 5 nodes we have come to know and love - with a different 3* being featured each day in the sub. (Obligatory 5x covers for each of the 3* toons running this week in the vault for the event.) I would suggest you dredge up the original, year-1 art with red unitard deadpool for this screen - this let's you be lazy on the art front if you so desire.

Prizes:
Progression prizes can be awarded on the main event screen. Just have them iterate over the normal prizes for daily such that completing all the nodes for a given day would earn you the same progression prizes we would get doing 1 day of normal deadpool goodness. This would also allow points to carry over from one day to the next so a newer player could go 4/5 nodes on 2 different days and manage to limp across one progression tier where today they get nothing either day. (Basically - award 2,000 ISO for every 15,000 points earned in "Deadpools Weak-ly Offering" (I'm workshopping that name - its okay if you hate it - come up with something better).

Beyond those normal progression thresholds - I would humbly request the addition of another, final progression tier. If a player completes all the subs and all the crash nodes for a given week drop an extra legendary token on us.

Comments

• Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    My only question is this:

outside of adding more crash nodes, what does this truly accomplish for players who can finish DDQ every day?

I have only beaten 7 or so crashes in total, because my 4* roster is still developing (slowly). But, I have zero troubles with the regular 5 nodes in DDQ. So... nothing would really change for me? Your idea helps the higher up rosters and the lower down rosters, but it leaves the vast middle alone.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd settle for some new art and new node names/writing. The originals were cute but I've seen them all more than 700 times. I think the art has been updated... once?

The George Michael theme seems promising. Severed Feet Ain't Got No Rhythm? icon_lol.gif
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    I'd like to see the usual 3* covers in the Big Enchilada be replaced with 4* covers, since at this point the number of 4 stars is equal or greater to the number of 3 stars and since the meta is moving away from 3* onto the realm of 4/5 why not change the reward to 4* and let the "Dat required char" reward a 3* cover instead