Poll: Where do you stop in PvP?

firethorne
firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I know there's been talk about people giving up on PvP once they hit a certain threshold. I'm curious about how many people call it good for each section, the 10 CP and 4* in particular.

For poll purposes, this isn't necessarily your ending score. For example, if you shoot for the 900, but don't shield after hitting that and end up closer to 500, still vote 900.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Normally to 725 so I get both the 50 hp. But recently I've been only going to 575 or lower because RNG hates me, so I hate this game. 20 LTs and no 5 star now.
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    I get to my 1200 after 2 or 3 hops and call it a day. Generally gets me top ten in SCL7, or top 25 in SCL8. Also means that my season score falls further and further behind as the season progresses, but higher climbing just isn't worth it to me.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I shoot for 1200, but basically climb as high as I'm allowed after that point. Usually average about 1400 per PvP.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know that I've ever intentionally stopped at one level, so I didn't answer. Usually 1 of 3 happens with me and PvP:
    1. Don't play at all or join, but never do anything but first 3
    2. Play here and there when I have time and take what I can get.
    3. Play until a hit a wall much lower than I'd like to stop and get really really frustrated and lose my motivation to play PvP.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    I play to 900-950 points (depending on which 4* characters are buffed), shield myself and call it a day. That score is usually enough to get me top 25 in CL7 so I can`t complain at the moment.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted 650. I can get there organically. After receiving some advice, I hope to get to 900 in at least one event this season.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    My rosters trash so i just go to 575, because after that it's 30 point fights against 4 star champs and 3 star champs that have 20-50 levels on mine.

In an ideal world 900, but it has yet to happen.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I go to 1200 in season using usually 2-4 shields. offseason its 800-900 using no shields. I always get to 900, but sometimes don't end up there.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Never stop. Use a lot less hp than during cc age though. D3 losing a lot of money on me with that move.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2016
    As I'm still building my 4* star roster I aim for 575 then I bail out.

Only if I have one of the boosted 4* covers of the week will I attempt to reach 900.
    In Earths Mightiest (latest PvP) I had two of the weekly boosted 4* covers and duly reached 900 before shielding.

I don't even attempt 1200 because when skipping, the targets available win values are woeful over 900.
    Then there's the big boys , the 5* rosters reign supreme over 900. You have Been warned.

In the poll I clicked 575 because that's what I normally do.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    400. I dont care much for PVP so I join a slice with a couple of hours to go. Usually get a top 100 finish which will at least get me 3 elite tokens. I'm happy with that.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I try to hit 900, I don't care about placement, don't want the hassle of trying for 1200, and consistently getting 900 makes the 10k season goal easy to reach.

For Wolveroach, I'll aim for 300, but might push to 575 if I have a decent shot (e.g. when Widow or Wanda are boosted and Charlie's Angels works), I don't care about falling after that. Wolveroach has lower aspirations, the 10-pack at 4k is plenty.
  • bOmbast
    bOmbast Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    If one of my two champed 4*s are boosted, I go for 1200.

If not, I call it a day between 900-1k
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I play for T5 if I have the 4* reward champed, otherwise I stop at 1200.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I stop around 1500-1600 these days, and that is only because I don't care to spend more time on the game in order to climb higher.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    usually around 575
  • ScrubJay
    ScrubJay Posts: 90 Match Maker
    575. More often than not the 4* cover is a duplicate these days so I put in the least effort needed.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    I do what it takes to try and keep t5 in my bracket. Usually works out, sometimes it doesn't. Always 1200+ tho
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    It depends on:
    - how is boosted
    - what reward is at 900pts.

If I have at least one of powered up 4* champed and I need a 4* cover reward, then I go for 900pts.
    In other situation I often stop after 575.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    575 is my goal for the 10 CP. The token isn't going to help me but if the boosted list is good I'll go for it. After that 725 seems like a slugfest as I'm constantly winning 40 pts, losing 50.

It's annoying as I climb higher I get hit more, like I drop down to 425 but if I stay at 575, no one hits me. So yeah 575 and I'm done.