To the people

Options
PajdaCZ
PajdaCZ Posts: 20
edited December 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
So firstly I told myself to be positive and polite.
To sum it up:
There are plenty of bugs, the devs are making visual changes, creating more bugs (unclickable supports), the devs are making reward changes, making mythics more unavailable to common players (top2 mythics only), the reward system overall is not rewarding at all, you have to be a real grinder to make it reasonable in QB, you have to build good decks for events to reach more rewards, but you can't, because you cannot reach the mythics, kind of Catch 22 etc etc. icon_e_biggrin.gif
And now the funnies part all of those, someone actually want to ask for a REFUND icon_e_biggrin.gif LOL guys, you seriously think you can get one? You voluntarily paid for a card/PW advantage over the other players. And you can still use the advantage without limitations. Nobody will refund you.

I ask all of you, who are complaining here and there - why do you still play this game? Or even PAYING?

On the other hand - I agree the reward system is fudged up. I'd build something like hearthstone had/has. I.e. the more games you play, the more rewards you get, the higher you place, but you retain that rank and rewards and nobody can take them from you. Everyone could play in a pace he likes, to get the reward he wants. How's that?

Comments

• Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The whole purpose of the forums is to discuss issues with the game. You can call it moaning and whining all you like, but it's the only generally accessible vehicle for influencing some type of change in the game.

I don't see the point in criticizing people who take the time to express themselves on the forums. You would be better off by identifying issues with their argument and offering suggestions. Otherwise you are being less constructive than the very people you are berating.

In addition, I would suggest you readjust your perspective when it comes to "the Devs". You make a lot of bold unsubstantiated claims (ie. Devs don't care, Devs do this, Devs do that, la, la, la) and it is just a bunch of noise. You are just aggravating the situation and poking sticks at human beings from behind a computer monitor.
  • PajdaCZ
    Options
    Look around the forums. Since the coalition update, there was just a little of positive feedback to the developers, since then most people are just angry and/or sad and they always spill it out here in the forums. Yet they still play the game, yet they still pay for content. And when I read about a refund, I just do not see why those people torture themselves and spam the forum with their ridiculous demands. I relly see no point there.

I'm not saying the game is perfect - it is not. But people... be reasonable.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If the player base was generally happy about the state of the game, then positive feedback would naturally outweigh negative feedback on the forums. Do feel free to add some positive feedback of your own, but bear in mind that negative feedback about negative feedback does not equal positive feedback!
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There is a lot of players griping to other players in the general forum. Most feedback is negative. When I want to see positive feedback I look over at the tips or deck building forums. But people rarely post there compared to here.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, how often do you call your cell phone service just to tell them what a great job they are doing and how much you appreciate the quality, price and comprehensiveness of your plan?

Oh never? You only call to complain when something goes wrong.

Hopefully the devs that read these forums realize that people on here are almost certainly frustrated about something and want to vent a bit. Imagine being a customer service rep at Sprint.. or Spirit airlines for that matter.
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    babar3355 wrote:
    So, how often do you call your cell phone service just to tell them what a great job they are doing and how much you appreciate the quality, price and comprehensiveness of your plan?

Hopefully the devs that read these forums realize that people on here are almost certainly frustrated about something and want to vent a bit. Imagine being a customer service rep at Sprint.. or Spirit airlines for that matter.
    I think you have completely missed the point, perhaps You're not opening any big boxes and just hunting for an anecdotal evidence like this post which seems to be an exception of the rule but thats ok Anyone can make a mistake but please stop ignoring previous threads where metric proof has been provided with decent sample size before 1.9 BigBoxes yielded much more
    than they are now this is coming from experienced players.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OP you're missing the point of when people pay for something that works a certain way and then it suddenly doesn't work the same/at all, that people will definitely get upset. Same goes for people investing a lot of their time - time that could be invested in other things.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babar3355 wrote:

I think you have completely missed the point, perhaps You're not opening any big boxes and just hunting for an anecdotal evidence like this post which seems to be an exception of the rule but thats ok Anyone can make a mistake but please stop ignoring previous threads where metric proof has been provided with decent sample size before 1.9 BigBoxes yielded much more
    than they are now this is coming from experienced players.

Sorry I missed that post with the hard numbers. I'm not being sarcastic. Could you point me to it?
  • Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Aww, paj, I feel you! I enjoy this game... that's why I've played it for over a year. It changes, sometimes to my advantage and sometimes not. Whatever.

But I understand why people who spend money are upset... I just don't understand why they're surprised. What with all of the news stories over the years about digital media disappearing from people's collections I would've thought some of these so-called nerds would've realized that they don't actually own anything in this game, they're just renting it.

I'm glad people are spending money--someone needs to put food in the devs' tables. And I hope this game sticks around for a long time!

But I'm also kinda looking forward to cackling at the outrage when the servers finally shut down and everything goes "poof!"

So, devs, if you're reading; thanks for your hard work and many long days coding. I'm having fun and I've met some great people from all over the world!