Free the Lightning Rounds!!!!

ZeroKarma
ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Mix it up. Change the required characters. Go with themes other than heroes and villains. Ban 5*. Just do SOMETHING different.

Lightning Rounds are the best source of ISO in the game but they have gotten repetitive and boring. They have been the same as long as I remember so let's change some things!

1) New characters - can we do some 4* once in awhile? Avengers, XMen, Spidey family. Just not the same four or five on a rotation every week.

2) Change the progression - how about a 2* at 250 and a Heroic at 500?

3) Increase the drop rates for the 2* like they are for Heroics only all the time. Stop posting evidence this is confrontation bias and just make everyone happy with 2* drops.

Other thoughts?

Comments

• Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Set up 8 groups of 5 three stars (sorry strange you're out for now) and run each group for 20-48 hours and have lightning rounds running 24/7. Let people that work weekdays have some fun.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Copps wrote:
    Set up 8 groups of 5 three stars (sorry strange you're out for now) and run each group for 20-48 hours and have lightning rounds running 24/7. Let people that work weekdays have some fun.

they want us to quit work and play lightning rounds icon_twisted.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    This must be one of the simplest changes to make and they just refuse to do it.

ROTATE ALL THE DAMN 3*s!
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm with you guys. Something, anything!
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Lightning Rounds started when 3*s were few, rare, and the top of the food chain. They had high health, high-AP powers, and were occasionally limited and clunky.

In short, they were today's 5*s. When I started MPQ, most LRs were your two best 2*s and a loaner 3*

I'd like to see LRs keep the 3* focus (so to be inclusive, rather than exclusive), but shuffle throughout the entire 3* roster. Have five 3* characters boosted each LR week, and work in a theme, if possible: One week, get Beast, Patch, Storm, Cyclops, and Colossus. Have another be 3* Cap, GSBW, IM40, Vision, and Scarlet Witch. Have another be Daken, Doc Ock, Deadpool, Bullseye, and Hood. But if you can't find a theme, just throw some unused 3*s against the wall and see what sticks.

Rather than cranking up the prizes in an LR revision, just for the sake of more prizes, I'd rather see the dust get blown off some characters and more than the usual 10 suspects.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I agree with the all day every day.
  • add a new variation, a fishing mode where you put up bait teams and the more you are hit the more iso you get. can make it a random choice between 10, 20, 50, 70, 100, 120, 150 per hit or set amount, and maybe a reward progression base only on points gained (cause you constantly getting hit, then climbing up to get hit some more only to climb back up, ect....) event ranking can still be based on your regular rank so there is some strategy to the mode. but like most people said any change may be worth it.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Once they have something, they seem to stick with it. I mean look at the token screen for every offseason event - they're all the same as the heroic screen. Look at the Earth's Mightest artwork - where are the newest characters? No where to be seen. It feels lazy to me, and that includes not updating the lightening rounds.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think LR's should be limited to 2's and 3's only
    last time I played LR I had an opponents team with lvl 60 Doom, lvl 435 OML and lvl 420 Phoenix
    how fast do you think I skipped with no decent 5's?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    blargrx wrote:
    Copps wrote:

This is the main reason I put no effort into lightning rounds. I've done 1 or 2 total in the time I've played because they are horribly timed.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    They have not changed Lightning Rounds in over a year. It's like the devs forgot it still exists. It's a relic of the old days.

I just keep telling myself that the dev responsible for the Lightning Rounds left the company and they do not know how to re-code his work icon_lol.gif
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    broll wrote:
    blargrx wrote:
    Copps wrote:

This is the main reason I put no effort into lightning rounds. I've done 1 or 2 total in the time I've played because they are horribly timed.

Don't forget: All you have to do is enter (not play) at the very start. Unless the game restarts, you can then play whenever you've got 10-15 min free and usually get all 10 seeds.

(I realize work is work, so this may just be off the table for you, but hopefully it helps to know there are options)
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Great idea with the team affiliations! Some things that'd need to happen:

- Cap and IM40 would need to be moved out of Heroes and into Avengers, which could also include Switch, Quicksilver and Falcon. Tons of chars could take their place in Heroes
    - An X-men category would need to be created; howbout MoStorm, Psylocke, Beast, Colossus, and ... hm, Patch isn't exactly an X-man, and Mags or Mystique would need to be moved. Take one of those and replace with Daken.
    - There's a problem with the remaining categories: Guardians and FF both involve 4*s (and a 2* in Bagman, which needs to happen). Still, there's a loaner - let's open it up!
    - Spider-friends category would need both created and to allow 4*s, but it should totally happen.

As has been mentioned, it'd be great to see perks like the Heroic 2* drop rate (look, you know it exists, and I know it exists) accompany this. If 4* play happens, maybe we get something bigger (more ISO, better tokens, a firm handshake). C'mon guys - Make Lightning Rounds Great Again!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't mind the rosters the way they are, but I hate the days. I wish there were lightning rounds on the weekend.

I rarely have time to participate Tuesday-Thursday.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes....Free the Lightning Rounds...don't constrain them just to 48 hours!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39632

152 to 27 would like 24/7 LR's.....
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Before the clearance levels, it was clear that they DID NOT want us playing LRs. Iso was WAY too easy to come by.

But, NOW........what's the use in NOT updating them?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Before the clearance levels, it was clear that they DID NOT want us playing LRs. Iso was WAY too easy to come by.

Well, since Steam players don't have clearance levels still...perhaps the use is to continue holding the steam players back.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    24/7 LRs with increased 2* drops

good bye, pvp.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Well, since Steam players don't have clearance levels still...perhaps the use is to continue holding the steam players back.

What are you talking about? I used to play an alt steam account and they got SCL the same day the phone apps did. They don't have the signal intercept things (the watch an ad for rewards) or facebook sync, but those are the only 2 systems I'm aware of them not having.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Posted this in a different thread a while back:
    TxMoose wrote:
    could look something like:

avengers week A (heros) = hulk, gsbw, steve, thor, im40
    avengers week B (heros) = panther, witch, vision, quicksilver, (falcon or spidey)
    xmen week (heros) = Cyclops, storm, psylocke, patch, beast
    hell's kitchen week (heros and villains) = cage, fist, hood, bullseye, daredevil
    general heros week A = kk, marvel, squirrel, shulk, gamora (might not work color-wise, but thematically for a general women's hero week maybe?)
    general heros week B = grocket, torch, sentry, colossus, deadpool (or blade or strange or sentry)
    general villains week (mostly x and avengers villains) = daken, mags, loki, mystique, rags (or ock or doom)

not covered - blade, ock, strange, sentry, punisher, doom, falcon/spidey (whichever not used for avengers B). a little juggling for good synergy groups and other comic lore I'm not familiar with and should be able to be easily implemented. 7-8 week rotation that keeps everything fresh and thematically together. my guess is this would start a buzz about LRs and increase engagement. I'd love to see this.

not sure I have all the characters listed exclusively. numbers don't add up to 41 like they should lol.

edit: no idea why this was moved to bugs. we comment on a change in the schedule and it gets buried in bugs. thanks.....