This Game Needs Achievements!

pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Just throwing it out there, but I think achievements could spice things up in this game!

Roster a new character! XP for you!

Use three self healers in a single match! Health pack for you!

Max Champ a 5* - LT and a lifetime supply of Cheetos for you!

Get Phoenix Cascaded to Death! - Heroic Token for you!

Contact Customer Service - No soup for you!

Complete the Prologue - 5,000 iso for you!

Suggestions appreciated for other cheevos!

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    We need a flawless victory award:
    giphy.gif
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    pheregas wrote:
    Roster a new character! XP for you!
    Just throwing it out there, but this is already a thing. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2016
    In response to the OP

Any player who subscribes to V.I.P for four consecutive months can choose any cover they want at the end of month four.

That means in a 12 month period players get to choose 3 specific covers they want. 

At the end of months four, eight and twelve, a vault opens showing every single cover available.
    It's open for approximately 5 days. 
    You chose a cover you don't have or that cover you've been waiting patiently forever but it won't drop.

In the same vault you have 1000HP and 50,000 ISO-8

Watch the V.I.P subscriptions sky rocket.

Edit:- Of course it should be backdated
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow. For a post that was supposed to be silly, things got awful serious...
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2016
    Yes, achievements would be really nice, but seriously, you can fund here dozens of better/deeper ideas about them.

F.e. this viewtopic.php?f=8&t=43970 - achievements on daily basis.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got some ideas:

- get the AI to kill itself on their turn: win 50,000 ISO
    - get 5 x match-5's in one turn: win Prof X blue cover
    - fire 10 or more powers in one turn: win Star Lord yellow cover
    - win a match with 2 allies down and the last with <200 health: win 10 Legendary Tokens
    - win a match within 2 turns: half cost on all vaults
    - get the AI to match Daredevil's red trap tile: free VIP membership
    - win a match using a Bagman power: win a 5* cover of your choice
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Fight Juggernaut/Ares more than 10 times in one day - Gain 50 health packs and a donation towards the cost of your psychiatric treatment.

Complete a muscle node while 4 or more enemy strike tiles are active -
    Win a fight without using any powers (Passives N/A and Strange barred for obvious reasons) -
    Defeat Enemy/Hero with there nemesis -

Tbf there's endless possibilities but it would definitely help breath something extra into the game think i mentioned achievements on another thread to someone else but damned if i can remember the thread, so even in jest i still think it's a good idea in general regardless lol
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I understand the tone of this thread is lighthearted, but I'm kind of burnt out on achievements. Nearly every game has them now and more and more what the player is 'achieving' is just random, silly stuff oftentimes completely beyond the control or skill of the player. I view SCL and Daily resupply as achievements of sorts, with nice rewards. I don't really need to know that I've downed Juggernaut for the 100,000th time to prove my dedication.

Then again... I guess I wouldn't argue against another source of rewards.

I've always thought there needs to be more for alliances to try and accomplish together so maybe something like 'Alliance Accomplishments' would be cool. Like, if you reach a certain score in Civil War anyone who is active in your alliance will be able to carry 11 health packs instead of 10. Or maybe after your alliance reaches so many top 100 placements they get a recruit token, which can then be achieved again.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd like a nice reward whenever I get one of those elusive Match-7's.

I always stop and admire for a second when one works out. I think it should create a super-crit tile.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does the game still have the couple of achievements that were (I believe) specific to Google Play Games?

I realize that is not the same thing as SCL XP as in these suggestions, but could be a baseline to implement.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I would like each character to have some sort of challenge to them. Something cumulative over time and something for a one game achievement. Something like buff an attack tile to over 5000 for prof x, or use get murderous aim's conditional extra damage. Might be tough to come up with relevant challenges for each character tho.
    Or maybe they can be tied to your team, like use a team of all guardians of the galaxy, take down Doctor Doom using Squirrel Girl . Then cumulative achievements like use a character 1000 times or something. It might get people to actually use some characters. As for the rewards, probably just some iso. Enough incentive to try to get it but not game changing.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    I think there should be an achievement reward every time someone hits Da chosen one or Jamie.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:
    I understand the tone of this thread is lighthearted, but I'm kind of burnt out on achievements. Nearly every game has them now and more and more what the player is 'achieving' is just random, silly stuff oftentimes completely beyond the control or skill of the player.

100% on this, I also hate achievements that basically just amount to "play the game." Like, you're giving me something called an "achievement" for finishing the tutorial? Really dude?

I don't mind achievements conceptually, but I'm already hooked enough trying to roster and level everyone without shooting for goofy little side goals on top. No thanks.
  • TML
    TML Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I've touched on achievements before and I think with all of these characters it would be a great game mode with unlimited options. The rewards could be small for easier challenges and big for harder ones. And if some could be done casually instead of under time constraints that would be welcome as well.

It would make the game more puzzley (like DDQ4), which would be a nice break from the repetition, could force you to use characters you rarely if ever use, and could make you play the game in a unique way.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    JVReal wrote:
    We need a flawless victory award:
    giphy.gif

This is actually already a Googeplay achievement.