Bug or Feature/Update to Sigil of the Empty Throne?

Options
Azerack
Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
I have this as a "back-up" card for Nahiri but recently I've noticed that when you play the card it summons an angel by itself in addition to any other support including any other Sigil cards played.

It's never done this up to this latest update, obviously, since the card's text says it's not supposed to.

So. is this a bug or a feature?
If it's a bug, probably want to fix that.
If it's a feature/update, probably want to update the text.

Either way, it's entertaining, to say the least, for the time being. icon_e_wink.gif

Comments

• nerdstrap
    nerdstrap Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    this new "bug fix" makes it act like every other ETB effect - I don't think it should do this, but this is how every other ETB effect is implemented in this game
  • EagleSoar
    Options
    My understanding is that it is a bug. Before the latest update playing this card did not summon an angel, its description says 'any other support'.
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Its a new bug that JC might make permanent:
    Ohboy wrote:
    @JC Sigil is summoning an Angel when Sigil itself comes out or is reinforced. That's incorrect.

Yeah, this is due to a change on how we are handling that specific trigger. We'll fix that shortly.

Actually Sigil is slightly underpowered without that effect. I encountered it this event and was pleasantly surprised. Thought it was ninja balanced.

There's actually a chance I'll modify the card so it works as-is (the buggy version!) since it does feel a bit underpowered.
    nerdstrap wrote:
    @JC Sigil is summoning an Angel when Sigil itself comes out or is reinforced. That's incorrect.

But it now matches every other ETB effect

It's not an "ETB" effect, it's an "On Cast" effect. Huge difference there.

From this thread.
  • OhanaUnited
    OhanaUnited Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    That's going to be interesting. I have been running cheap supports + Blessed Spirit + Sigil with Gideon1 and use it to great advantage. With this change, the angel deck is going to run much faster