New bugs vs Old bugs? (Seasons Past)

Options
Alatortilla
Alatortilla Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
Seasons Past (and sometimes Nissa's #3) has been crashing games since I've started playing. It crashes with or without transform creatures. People have posted multiple topics about it, and it hasn't been addressed other than the usual bandaid response of, "Don't play that card" or "Don't play transform cards with it." Please at least acknowledge this issue and make some effort to fix it.

Comments

• ShadyGrady
    Options
    If it helps, i didn't see the issue until I added startled awake to my deck
  • Alatortilla
    Alatortilla Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Startled Awake and Seasons Past are the biggest example of this, and is currently the easiest way to replicate it.

Honestly I'm sick and tired of accidentally losing progress in events because this age old bug will not even be dignified with a response. Between the drop rates for mythics, and the mythics breaking the game, this game can be incredibly frustrating. Not challenging, but frustrating.

I would just like to see a community manager acknowledge any one of the many posts about this without banning the player.
  • Imperat0r
    Options
    Im using startled awake and have been for quite a while with no problems.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    I would just like to see a community manager acknowledge any one of the many posts about this without banning the player.
    I'll do you one better. Here is a quote from one of the developers regarding the Seasons Past freeze:
    octal9 wrote:
    Hi JC, I can give you direct steps.

I highly suggest a deck with Seasons Past, Reclaim, and Kessig Prowler.

1) Cast two of the same card with transform ability (I suggest Kessig Prowler, as the transform mechanism is Activate and won't the card won't flip back).
    2) Transform that card.
    3) Kill that creature. (This is why I suggest Reclaim)
    4) Cast Seasons Past.
    5) Cast Seasons Past again. This is where you'll find your freeze.

Speculation: It's freezing when it attempts to bring back the second copy of flipped card, but the card is flipped and it can't handle this edge case.

This is exactly the type of info we're looking for.

Thanks to this, we have identified the exact source of the problem are we are in the process of fixing it! Unfortunately I do not have an ETA as to exactly when this will be pushed live (it requires a full client change and it very most likely won't be in the next version since it's already been sent out) but you can rest assured that it will be fixed!

As an aside, if you have bugs that you want us to look at, this is by far the best way to do so. If we have clear, precise steps to reproduce the issue, we can very easily identify the problem and work towards a resolution.
    Hope this helps!