How to balance the game...

2»

Comments

• MrCrowley
    MrCrowley Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Just make it so that an unusable cover (6th of a color) can be added as ISO to level the character, with a sufficiently high multiplier compared to selling the cover.

This has many positive impacts, and very little negative.

You can still sell the cover if for some odd reason you dont want to level (softcapping). For most players it would be a minor improvement to get discounted levelups for underdeveloped characters waiting for the last few covers. Also, it would help psychologically to feel better about getting a 4s cover that you can't use, at least you'd get some levels out of it.

Perhaps apply the cover as 5x the ISO value on leveling the character, or at least make it give 1 level as a minimum (more if the levels are low).
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrCrowley wrote:
    Just make it so that an unusable cover (6th of a color) can be added as ISO to level the character, with a sufficiently high multiplier compared to selling the cover.

This has many positive impacts, and very little negative.

You can still sell the cover if for some odd reason you dont want to level (softcapping). For most players it would be a minor improvement to get discounted levelups for underdeveloped characters waiting for the last few covers. Also, it would help psychologically to feel better about getting a 4s cover that you can't use, at least you'd get some levels out of it.

Perhaps apply the cover as 5x the ISO value on leveling the character, or at least make it give 1 level as a minimum (more if the levels are low).
    That doesn't help at all for the worst cases - drawing a dupe 5* cover, or drawing a dupe for a 4 that is fully leveled but sitting at 5/0/5.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    bbigler wrote:

Perhaps this will help, I used to get 10 x 4* covers a week, here's the weekly breakdown:

PvE Progression rewards: 1 - 2 covers
    Heroic Tokens & Vaults: 2 - 3 covers
    Buying Classic Legend tokens with CP: 4 - 6 covers
    DDQ Crash of Titans: 1 cover

So for me, my numbers are a little different:

-PVE progression rewards are the 1-2 covers just like you
    -I usually get 90% of my token pulls to turn into 2*, and maybe something like 9% are 3* and 1% (probably lower) are 4*, so my numbers are lower
    -personally I don't know how you manage to earn 80-120 CP a week to buy classics. not saying impossible, but compared to me that's huge. I maybe earn 55-60 on my best week, and that's only if they squeeze 2 PVE events into a week. I am well aware that PVP is not my strength yet, but that's still a lot of CP you seem to pull in per week
    -to this day, I have probably only beaten the DDQ crash a total of 6 times, due to my weak 4* roster... yet another cyclical thing. I need better 4* to beat the crash, and if I beat the crash I can get more 4*.... so what breaks first?

So... I am looking at maybe 5 covers from the 4* tier per week. Crunching numbers, let's just pretend RNG is your best friend and you never get screwed with bad cover pulls... but also you never get a 5* from those Classics either. Also, let's assume the "no way in hell" scenario that they stop releasing new characters. 5 covers per week, 41 characters in 4* land, each needing a total of 13 covers. Even in this impossible/never going to happen world I just imagined, that takes 2 years to get the 4* tier completed.

Now, I know you don't need to get every character completed and champed. However, we also live in a world where RNG sucks to all hell. Anytime I can go 6 months while consistently playing 2 or more hours a day (on average)... and my roster doesn't look that much different, then I think the mechanism on which we rely to improve our roster is broken. Quite frankly, it is stupid. Either make the rate of 4* acquisition higher (so that RNG nonsense is easier to tolerate), or make it less scattered when you do get them. I could play 6 hours a day, get as much CP as possible, and the randomness could make it all for nothing and spit out yet another 4* Venom green cover!

I believe that the higher you climb in this game, whether it be by Shield ranking, roster composition... whatever; the higher your team is, the better the rewards you should get. Daily supply should stop spitting out standard tokens. Standard tokens should reward with 2* more often than 1* after a certain point. Heroics, tacos, elites, event tokens should reward with 3* or higher more often than 2* eventually.

as it stands right now, the game just keeps padding the back of my roster while the middle and front go nowhere.