How long to hold Tacos

Options
imsel
imsel Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
edited January 2017 in MPQ Tips and Guides
How long do you typically hold DDQ taco tokens? Until recently I opened them immediately, but it seems like holding them for a while would increase the odds of getting something I could actually use. I'm just curious how long you let them build up.

Comments

• Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Here's the strategy that I went with a few months ago.

Forgive if I'm giving you info that you already know but I'm going for an in depth answer here.

When your roster is in the three star stage, the DDQ is the best source of three star covers, you have the ability to earn one three star cover every day by beating 'The Big Enchilada' (TBE). Here's the catch, you need to have at least one cover in the day's featured character to even get to TBE. Upside, the featured character for TBE is on a fixed rotation, you can find that rotation here:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=26817

Now, there are two types of Taco tokens (it took me a long time to realize this), sweet and savory, each with their own vault. Currently, we're four days into a Sweet vault. In each vault, the five featured 3 star characters appear at least five times within that vault. Right now, there are five Marvels, IM40's, Iron Fists, Rags and Kamala Khans. Two days from now, we'll be on a Savory vault that has five covers of the next five characters (Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Black Panther and Mags).

What I did was look at the upcoming vaults and figure out which iteration of the Savory Vault, and which iteration of the Sweet Vault has the highest concentration of three star covers that I wanted, and that's when I blew all of my covers out.

There are certainly other strategies, if at some point you have covers that are about to expire and need to earn hero points, you may want to open tokens in the hope of getting those. Same with ISO, but waiting until the characters that I wanted most appeared in the vault was the strategy that worked (works) best for me.
  • Pope Belligerent
    Pope Belligerent Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    And you can find not only the DDQ rotation but also upcoming vaults listed here.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I try and hoard as much as I can. I say try, because inevitably I will hit a PVP event where I'm thiiiiiiis close to the next PVP reward on a good run and one or two more wins will get me there (usually around the 800-900 point mark). Then it's taco time until I get a health packs.

This usually leaves me with around 10-20 tacos most of the time, the highest I've ever had the discipline to accumulate is about 80.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If I don't like the variable part of the vault and don't immediately need the non cover resources, I hoard. If I need or like, I pull.

When I was in 3* transition I tended to pull automatically as I needed most 3* covers. A couple vaults I would skip because I felt the next one would be better.

Now that I'm headed towards 4* land and there aren't really any interesting 3* covers left, I expect to hoard unless I need health or desire a 4* cover in the vault. And even now with intercepts and a nearly complete roster, I may opt for HP based health vs tacos.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have very good willpower, so I actually wait until I have 300 in each Savory and Sweet and then I open it when the two 4*s are ones I need and then I open until I get 400 HP, LT, and the two 4*s. Then quit opening.

I will inevitably get a ton of 2* and 3* champ rewards, which will yield plenty of HP and ISO. It's a really good time because then I can open more tokens I've hoarded from other events until I have no more room for a new 4*.

It takes forever, but it's worth it. And the day I do it is a blast!
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have very good willpower, so I actually wait until I have 300 in each Savory and Sweet and then I open it when the two 4*s are ones I need and then I open until I get 400 HP, LT, and the two 4*s. Then quit opening.

I will inevitably get a ton of 2* and 3* champ rewards, which will yield plenty of HP and ISO. It's a really good time because then I can open more tokens I've hoarded from other events until I have no more room for a new 4*.

It takes forever, but it's worth it. And the day I do it is a blast!

I admire the willpower (see my post above)!
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I get always iso-8 out for my Tacos and last time a health pack...

Which is not unusual with 91 iso-8 and 24 health packs in the vault.

I can hold Tacos as long as I want? They get not deleted like covers after a while?

If there is a better way to handle them, I would like to know how. icon_e_smile.gif