Will a good price be offered for 2* Captain America?

Options
Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
When Thor and Wolverine were nerfed, a great sales price was offered for them for anyone who had them maxed.

Now that I have 3* Captain America, maintaining a roster slot for 2* Captain America seems kind of pointless since they have the same skill set. Are there any plans to offer a decent sale price for him in terms of hero points and ISO, similar to what was done for Thor and Wolverine?

Comments

• Probably not. And Ice has said that you'll probably want to keep the 2* version around for the normal list of reasons: 2* only tourney, 2* may be buffed while 3* isn't, 2* might be in a required node, etc.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    IceIX has said that 2* versions of the Gold 3* chars will still be useful for things like buffed events that only buff the 2* version and not the 3* version. So, no. There almost certainly won't be a post-nerf-esque sale price hike.
  • HailMary wrote:
    IceIX has said that 2* versions of the Gold 3* chars will still be useful for things like buffed events that only buff the 2* version and not the 3* version. So, no. There almost certainly won't be a post-nerf-esque sale price hike.

"post-nerf-esque sale price hike" is likely to be the most complicated phrase I will read all week.
  • Why would there be? This isn't a change to 2* Cap. It's not like there was a revised sale price for 2* Thor in connection with the release of 3* Thor.
  • From the Thor discussion:
    IceIX wrote:
    Useless, until you run a Heroic that the Gold isn't usable in but the 2* is. Or when you hit a PVP Tournament where it's 2* or lower. Or you hit an Event where the 2* is buffed and the 3* isn't. Quite a few reasons to keep a maxed 2* around, just like there are reasons to keep Iron Man (Model 35) around when you're using 3 141s.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I was offered 100,000 iso for Level 2 Cap, I'd sell him out, being that cold hearted mercenary that I am. But at the current offer for him, looks like I'll be keeping him.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When Thor and Wolverine were nerfed, a great sales price was offered for them for anyone who had them maxed.

Now that I have 3* Captain America, maintaining a roster slot for 2* Captain America seems kind of pointless since they have the same skill set. Are there any plans to offer a decent sale price for him in terms of hero points and ISO, similar to what was done for Thor and Wolverine?
    Captain America wasn't nerfed. This isn't the same thing at all.
  • And with all the events requiring or only allowing certain 1*/2* characters it would be silly to sell any of your older characters whether or not they're your most used (.see heroics etc)
  • The Thor and wolverine sell off was before respec went live too. A lot of people unwisely sold off their leveled ones to rebuild.
  • Keep him still
  • I've already sold 2* cap. No big deal.
  • Grazzt wrote:
    I've already sold 2* cap. No big deal.
    The original Unstable ISO-8 event buffed the 2* cap. For your sake, I hope you're not out of luck when it comes to buffs/required nodes.

Wouldn't that be a kick in the teeth - hand out 3* cap then make the 2* required for the very next event.
  • Does anyone know if the 2* cap will mirror the gold cap abilities?
  • Rarre28 wrote:
    Does anyone know if the 2* cap will mirror the gold cap abilities?

They probably won't change 2* Cap.
  • Riggy wrote:
    Grazzt wrote:
    I've already sold 2* cap. No big deal.
    The original Unstable ISO-8 event buffed the 2* cap. For your sake, I hope you're not out of luck when it comes to buffs/required nodes.

Wouldn't that be a kick in the teeth - hand out 3* cap then make the 2* required for the very next event.

A lot of people complained that 2* Thor not being eligible/buffed for the last heroic after the 3* version was released was a kick in the teeth.

Either way, at any given time it seems like half of the player base thinks the devs are out to get them and sending the tooth fairy as their hit-woman.
  • sending the tooth fairy as their hit-woman.
    4* joke character for April 1st? icon_e_smile.gif

For myself, I was fine with the Thor decision and I'll be fine with whichever direction they go with Cap for this upcoming one. Neither of my Caps is well-leveled so I'll be equally handicapped whichever way they go.
  • I dunno, keeping it at 40 seems reasonable with buffs as max covered is still the equivalent of 140, not like lazy cap or thor is getting max covered so easily so soon without spending tho, only ran heroic juggs twice.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm still waiting for a rags sell-back, have they still not come to a decision about a fair way to handle that?
  • With repspec in place they likely won't offer a premium sell back price.

Looking at Iso-8 event 2* thor is the buffed character and not LazyThor.