Changes to SHIELD Intercepts

xidragonxi
xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This morning, I noticed two changes to SHIELD intercepts that we weren't informed about. First, I didn't get an intercept on my first PVE match of the day. Second, and more importantly, I just had to sit through a two-and-a-half minute intercept that played an ad for the new Spider-Man movie.

The change in content isn't that big a deal. Previously the only ads that would play were 15, 20, or 30 second clips for other apps and mobile games. It's fine to serve up other content especially if it's appropriate to the player base like a Spider-Man movie trailer. What's not acceptable is quadrupling (or more) the length of the ad.

This concerns me both from a data-usage level and as being extremely intrusive to the gameplay.

On the bright side, I received a 25 HP reward for watching, instead of the usual 10.

Please provide us with some clarity about any changes made to the Intercept process.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    People were reporting movie trailers in the first few days of shield intercepts. This isn't new
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    No one makes you sit through them, if 2 mins is too much from your game time then exit. They shouldn't have to inform you of every little detail. Is there a rule that says you must get an intercept on your first pve match of the day?

The sense of entitlement with this game is staggering.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Tony Foot wrote:
    No one makes you sit through them, if 2 mins is too much from your game time then exit. They shouldn't have to inform you of every little detail. Is there a rule that says you must get an intercept on your first pve match of the day?

I didn't think you could quit out of them. The back button doesn't do anything. Do you mean force quit the app?

When the program was announced they did say that there would always be an intercept on your first match of the day. I don't care whether that's the case or not, I was more pointing out that something changed and may be wrong. Another user posted on the forum today that his intercepts weren't working at all. Something's up.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does the Shield Intercept cycle restart at 6AM EST like DDQ and Daily resupply? I wish there was something that showed me if I reached 20 for the day
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    The first may be because your day hasn't flipped yet (that is personal for everyone). Second isn't new at all.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    They probably need a skip button for those longer ads (or maybe even all of them) since I accidentally hit them all time.
  • I finally joined V.I.P. for a month, due to the fact that I received a Google Play giftcard. The V.I.P. was cool, but I will not pay my own money for it. The month ran out a few days ago, so now I get to watch the video ads if I want the S.H.I.E.L.D. intercept rewards. Again, completely voluntary.

What is it about this game that makes people think the game/developers/etc. owes them ANYTHING?! This is entertainment, pure and simple. If you spend money on this game, totally up to you...just don't think money spent=entitlement. Good luck with that!