Have they changed event mechanics?

Options
Oaklanbash
Oaklanbash Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
edited December 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
So I was bored looked back to all of my nodes from the event... All three nodes are at exactly 5:40 to go. I know for a fact I did not finish all three first round matches in under a minute's time. So something has changed.... I wonder how this will effect when individual awards are calculated?

Comments

• Yawgmoth
    Yawgmoth Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Options
    Event mechanics have changed - all nodes don't start full but with 1 less charge - recharging.

This is a great change to make all the events put much less pressure on our real lives and schedules.

Another change is that a node recharge is now 8 instead of 4 hours.
  • DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If we all started with only 2 slots has is the "boss" down to 74% already ? I assumed the boss was the last fight in node 3 and nobody should have even had a chance to fight it yet. I can't see how I'm going to get to 450 before that hits zero if we only get 3 flights per 8 hours.
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If we all started with only 2 slots has is the "boss" down to 74% already ? I assumed the boss was the last fight in node 3 and nobody should have even had a chance to fight it yet. I can't see how I'm going to get to 450 before that hits zero if we only get 3 flights per 8 hours.
    boss starts with 100% you simply start with 2 full charges rather than 3 and the 3rd charge start counting from the time event has started so everyone has equal chance at it.

With the recent wave of obvious bad choices made by D3 (Ekhmm UX! Ekhmm Support visibility! Ekhmm DropRates!) I want to stress out that this is very positive and welcomed change!
  • Kevinanth
    Options
    All the damage from EVERY node counts towards the boss' life total. Not just the last one.
  • Mvpelway7
    Mvpelway7 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If you want to put less stress on our real lives, Run the events with NO "charges". That way, we can get as much done on the game as possible when we have free time.

It's all moot until there is real PvP, but that is a different story.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Mvpelway7 wrote:
    If you want to put less stress on our real lives, Run the events with NO "charges". That way, we can get as much done on the game as possible when we have free time.
    That would have the exact opposite result on this particular event. It would get zerged down before many players had the chance at rewards.