Fabricate is waaaaay too slow.

Options
Feyda
Feyda Posts: 105
edited December 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Seriously, its about as much as watching paint dry. The ai places the fabricate, it then has to animate trail to the target creature and animate buff them, then it repeats for every new fabricate, then if you kill the creature it repeats all the animations AGAIN for every single fabricate gem.... for the love of Tim, speed this nonsense up....

Comments

• Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I never understood why there can't be simultaneous buffs all across the board. Drowner of Hope has no problem disabling 3 targets at once. Why can't this be applied to E V E R Y T H I N G?
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Plastic wrote:
    I never understood why there can't be simultaneous buffs all across the board. Drowner of Hope has no problem disabling 3 targets at once. Why can't this be applied to E V E R Y T H I N G?

Doesn't apply to this complaint, but I agree with you.
  • paralistalon
    Options
    Fabricate is neat in theory, but I agree that the animations take freaking forever to get through.
  • randomRolle
    Options
    Not to mention the last added by tons of fabricate + tips of energized gems. As usual it is obvious that there is no QA done at all before release, with game breaking bugs and horrible design every patch.
    (because half the event is like this, did noone play it even once during testing?)
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Fabricate isn't slow. it's as fast as the Valour at Akros support animation. Which may be why hardly anyone uses it except me. icon_e_smile.gif
  • BayTamago
    BayTamago Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    blacklotus wrote:
    Fabricate isn't slow. it's as fast as the Valour at Akros support animation. Which may be why hardly anyone uses it except me. icon_e_smile.gif

All the graphical load currently in the game contributes to making matches take twice as long as they should because the game has to re-render the board everytime a match is made, and the animations to buff a new creature with fabricate compounds the situation.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    thinking that volcanic rambler will get a lot more use if for no other reason that to help keep the board clean of all those fabricates lol
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    morgue427 wrote:
    thinking that volcanic rambler will get a lot more use if for no other reason that to help keep the board clean of all those fabricates lol

thanks for the reminder. time for me to use back volcanic rumbler and the abbot.
  • alextfish
    Options
    Just to note: yes, devs, please sync all the fabricate triggers into one big animation.

But also, when you're doing that, please also do the same for Sorin's, Koth's and Jace2's ultimates! Playing Forgotten Creation with Jace2's ultimate out is an awesome move that feels fantastic, except that then you need to go and get a coffee to let the animations finish icon_mad.gif
  • BayTamago
    BayTamago Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    alextfish wrote:
    Just to note: yes, devs, please sync all the fabricate triggers into one big animation.

But also, when you're doing that, please also do the same for Sorin's, Koth's and Jace2's ultimates! Playing Forgotten Creation with Jace2's ultimate out is an awesome move that feels fantastic, except that then you need to go and get a coffee to let the animations finish icon_mad.gif

Yes. This. Please.

I would add onto the request as a Quality of Life improvement to add text when a PW is using an ability. I can't count on my hands how many times I've looked away during a Lil1s turn and not seen that Corrupt was used resulting in cards I was expecting to have no longer be there my next turn.
  • Magog
    Magog Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Options
    alextfish wrote:

Not just Sorin's ultimate, but his second ability too please!. Or perhaps just anything that can be triggered from multiple creatures?

I can end up with his second and third abilities out, plus Campaign of Vengeance. Add to that Olivia and Defiant Bloodlord and... well, the only consolation is that matches usually don't last long after that!
  • alextfish
    Options
    So Sorin's second I think does make sense to happen three times. Because each one is a separate trigger, which is very important with Defiant Bloodlord. And yes, this does mean the combat step is a big long pile of triggers with Campaign of Vengeance plus Sorin's 2 and 3, but that's okay, it is reflecting a bunch of individual events that something can trigger from.

So the devs should use some game trigger awareness when choosing what to consolidate into a single animation. I don't think any creature has triggers from "when this creature's power increases", so it's fine to combine three +N/+N effects into one animation. But lots of things trigger from "when you gain life", so Sorin 2 and Campaign of Vengeance really do need to stay separate.

I guess there could be an overlaid "Fast forward" button like Galaxy Trucker has, but that's a bit of a "nice to have" enhancement request.