Snipers do not trigger Strang3 Passive?

nyck1118
nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
3rd node on the 2nd day of Hulk. the sniper Deadly shot does not activate Strang3 passive "Flammable Saltines" when the countdown is put out. anyone else experiencing this? is this an expected result as they are "snipers" and hidden or a bug?

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    iirc the snipers are passive, have 0 ap cost. They will place a CD every turn one is not present
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Same for Starlords passive. And same for the detonate cd tile that comes out when one of the brotherhood goons gets below 50% health.
  • doomette
    doomette Posts: 95 Match Maker
    edited December 2016
    It's a passive, yet they still generate green, so it's hugely annoying when paired with a green user. Are they supposed to function in such a way?
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    This confusion always arises. There's already a thread related to this in the bug forum too.

Devs, can you please re-word Deadly Shot similar to the following to eliminate all of this unnecessary confusion?

Deadly Shot (Passive): If a friendly countdown tile does not already exist, creates a 6-turn countdown tile that deals X damage on resolution. (Keep the fun flavor text if you must, but several skills like this need some sort of clarification)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    doomette wrote:
    It's a passive, yet they still generate green, so it's hugely annoying when paired with a green user. Are they supposed to function in such a way?

Huh, I never noticed. Yeah, if it's a passive it's completely ridiculous that they generate green that they don't even need.
  • nyck1118
    nyck1118 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Makes sense now...just assuming hes lumped in with the other goons.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    nyck1118 wrote:
    Strang3 passive "Flammable Saltines"

Now I'm going to be seeing him tossing flaming crackers at enemies every time....
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Huh. All this time, and I never noticed that was a passive. Filed a bug report with CS this morning about that node. Was wondering why it worked on every other node, but not that one.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I had the same revelation this morning. I kept wondering why Strange wouldn't hurl his flames at the snipers. Thanks for the clarification, although I would still count snipers laying down their CD as firing a power.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    deadtaco wrote:
    I had the same revelation this morning. I kept wondering why Strange wouldn't hurl his flames at the snipers. Thanks for the clarification, although I would still count snipers laying down their CD as firing a power.

Medusa lays down a CD as part of her yellow passive. This shouldn't trigger Strange's yellow either.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    I don't think this is really anything new, either. It's just more visible with the Doc.

But, for example, neither KK's heal nor X's special placement have ever triggered on passive team skills, e.g. Daken's strike tiles, or Blade's, or Hulk's anger. Same rule, I think.
  • aziraphale
    aziraphale Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Smudge wrote:
    This confusion always arises. There's already a thread related to this in the bug forum too.

Devs, can you please re-word Deadly Shot similar to the following to eliminate all of this unnecessary confusion?

Deadly Shot (Passive): If a friendly countdown tile does not already exist, creates a 6-turn countdown tile that deals X damage on resolution. (Keep the fun flavor text if you must, but several skills like this need some sort of clarification)

I first figured out it acted as a passive when I brought Peggy in against them, and the cost still remained 0AP instead of increasing to 4AP. Really wish they'd fix the text to reflect this.
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Not mention how ridiculously overpowered these things are. With how "random" this game is they usually place the tiles where they can't be matched.
  • GreenMachine
    GreenMachine Posts: 52 Match Maker
    I think it depends on how many "covers" the sniper has. The level 144 snipers on my Juggernaut: Heroic - Early Departure - pin need 10 green AP to fire their power.

It's weird to think they are programmed to cost less in order to make them more difficult.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    I think it depends on how many "covers" the sniper has. The level 144 snipers on my Juggernaut: Heroic - Early Departure - pin need 10 green AP to fire their power.

It's weird to think they are programmed to cost less in order to make them more difficult.
    They are two different goons that are identical in appearance. I believe it's the snipers that have the passive and assassins have the costed skill.