Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Venom

jojeda654
jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
Fully covered at 170. I have a cover expiring in 10 days, and a JG cover expiring in 3. Odds are I might champ Venom in the end.

Previous Runs

Comments

• gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    I just champed Venom a few days ago, only because I had two covers pending. I guess he'll get some use at least.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    The last time my 1/2/2 Eddie didn't stand a chance against Carnage. He's close to be fully covered now (3/4/5, level 170) so I guess that this crash will be doable for me.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    Managed it just barely last time with a 1/3/3 Venom. This time I have a 4/3/5 Venom, so I don't anticipate any trouble.
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Fully covered at 170. I have a cover expiring in 10 days, and a JG cover expiring in 3. Odds are I might champ Venom in the end.

Meaning you're choosing to champ Venom over JG? I'm curious, as I'm also in the position to champ JG or someone else and wondering why to help better inform myself.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    jojeda654 wrote:
    I have a cover expiring in 10 days, and a JG cover expiring in 3. Odds are I might champ Venom in the end.
    Meaning you're choosing to champ Venom over JG? I'm curious, as I'm also in the position to champ JG or someone else and wondering why to help better inform myself.
    The way i read it, I think jojeda is planning to champ JG first, then he has a week to get the iso needed to champ Venom

From what I've gathered, I need to work on creating less ambiguous posts. icon_lol.gif

Right now I'm sitting on 249k iso, and both JG and Venom are at 170. I'm not really playing MPQ much, so the JG cover is pretty much going to die on the vine. I might stumble on some more iso to champ Venom, but I think it's better to leave him alone, and wait for another champ candidate. I'm looking at the 2 GotG...
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    From the low-covered thread:
    Level 100, 3/2/2 by CT1888 +100% all, +50% r/y +2all
    Level 111, 2/2/1 by 3noiv 30% all, 50% r/y, 50% g/b boosts
    Level 111, 1/2/2 by AsylumTKJ y/r dmg, b/g dmg and all dmg
    Level 168, 0/5/2 by jojeda654

Mine is 2/2/3, so it looks like I'll have to level Eddie to at least 111 and add damage boosts.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine is a 5/1/1, so I'll need a LOT of greens to make this one work...
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/3/4, lvl 111. Still don't think it's worth bothering, he's so **** bad.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    3/3/4, lvl 111. Still don't think it's worth bothering, he's so tinykitty bad.
    Looking at the previous cycle, my 2/4/2 Venom did it at lv168 without boosts. So if you have iso to spare, you can bring him to that level or thereabouts
    I didn't document my success in the last cycle, but my coverage was similar to the 3/3/4, and my level 127 won last time unboosted. No need to go all the way to 168.

My 5/4/4 level 127 should be able to get it done just fine again. Don't feel like emptying the ISO into an empty character to save his cover dying on my vine...
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    From the low-covered thread:
    Level 100, 3/2/2 by CT1888 +100% all, +50% r/y +2all
    Level 111, 2/2/1 by 3noiv 30% all, 50% r/y, 50% g/b boosts
    Level 111, 1/2/2 by AsylumTKJ y/r dmg, b/g dmg and all dmg
    Level 168, 0/5/2 by jojeda654

Mine is 2/2/3, so it looks like I'll have to level Eddie to at least 111 and add damage boosts.

This was exactly what I was looking for.
    My Eddie B. is lvl 131, 5/2/2, so I'm confident about my chances this time.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smudge wrote:
    3/3/4, lvl 111. Still don't think it's worth bothering, he's so tinykitty bad.
    Looking at the previous cycle, my 2/4/2 Venom did it at lv168 without boosts. So if you have iso to spare, you can bring him to that level or thereabouts
    I didn't document my success in the last cycle, but my coverage was similar to the 3/3/4, and my level 127 won last time unboosted. No need to go all the way to 168.

My 5/4/4 level 127 should be able to get it done just fine again. Don't feel like emptying the ISO into an empty character to save his cover dying on my vine...

Okay cool, thanks guys icon_e_smile.gif

I've got a bit of spare ISO so I'll see how I go and try levelling a bit (not much though!) if needed.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    Second attempt for my L141 5/3/4 Eddie. +2G/B, +2Y/R, +100% all

Didn't deny red enough first attempt. Second attempt managed to do a better job, hit by 1 scythes, 1 rules, and then returned it with 2 lethal protectors and symbiote fury to down carnage.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Black Duke wrote:
    The last time my 1/2/2 Eddie didn't stand a chance against Carnage. He's close to be fully covered now (3/4/5, level 170) so I guess that this crash will be doable for me.
    My Venom got through on 2nd attempt without using boosts. The first board was heavy with red, there wasn't any realistic chance to beat Carnage. Next board was much more friendly so it was easy to gather the AP I needed. I downed him finally with 1x Symbiotic Fury & 2x Lethal Protection.

LT is stockpiled for Medusa.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wasn't sure 4/2/1 was going to be able to get this done, but with a red Deadpool (4) cover about to wilt in 18 hours, this was my last shot to pull a purple or black cover so I could champion him.

So I gave it a shot. First try @ 106 went in unboosted to get the lay of the land. I collected a ton of green and yellow and thought I might have had a shot at taking him down, but before I could use any of it, he matched 5, which set off a cascade of red/green match-5 and...well, I don't need to tell you how that story ended.

Raised his level to 125, went in again. Board was starved of green, so even with my yellow hoard, that was doomed to failure.

Went in with R/Y and Bk/G @ 50% and all damage at 30% for my third run, and got a board with enough green and yellow to be able to fire each of those powers twice in the final 2-3 turns. Didn't have much health left, but got it done.

The LT yielded icon_kingpin.pngyellowflag.png . Which is useful! But not the blackflag.png or purpleflag.png Deadpool needed, so I had to sell off the wilting cover.

3* Deadpool gets the cover that brings him to 183 in 12 days, so I guess that means my realistic time frame now to pull 4* Deadpool's 13th cover is 40 days.
  • 2nd attempt with lvl 127 2/0/3 - used all damage boost 100%, 2 r/y damage and 2 g/b damage. LT gave me 5* icon_blackwidow.png so happy with that!
  • jayx_2
    jayx_2 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Finished it with a 3/0/3 level 120 venom with +2 y/r +2 G/b + 50% y/r damage. Took 10 tries and I got really lucky on the last attempt with cascades into match 5s that let me fire lethal protector 4 times.

Reward was icon_blackwidow.pngblackflag.png so pretty happy right now
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Try as I might my 2/1/1 Lvl 94 Venom just isn't enough.

My first try was my closest try. Went in with g/b +2, stockpile +2 r/y +50%. I starved himof red as best i could while grathering yellow and green where i could. Got a couple of match 5's for some added damage. He did get one green off. I was able to match away this attack tiles within three moves so not much hp loss. When i was around 300 hp he got a red match to give himself 9 red Ap so it was game over next move, so it was all or nothing now. I had 21 yellow AP and 28 green AP, I fired off two yellows followed by 4 greens and he still had 2300hp. He fired his red match over.

I've tried 4 more times and not done anywhere near as good. No luck this time unfortunately.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    1st attempt, 2/5/5 156 with no boosts.

Just saved up enough yellow and green for each two strikes. Denied red when I could, which he got off once. Fired my two yellows, then two greens to finish him off.

Invisible Women green was my token... gave her another level.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    1st try with lvl 170 5/3/5, with boosts. Denied red and saved up green and yellow. Once he fired first with his green (low damage since no other powers had been used), I fired off a yellow and the special tiles now made my green cheap enough to fire twice to finish him off.

yellowflag.pngicon_blackbolt.png , making mine 0/1/2.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    4/0/1 lvl 131 unboosted (cause I've used the most usefull ones), after 8 or 9 tries, won thx to AI playing really bad. Got yellowflag.pngicon_mrfantastic.png .
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2016
    2/3/4 Venom at 130 got it done. Added green and yellow AP boosts, and all colors boost.
    Denied red well, while gathering 27 yellow (to fire it 3x) and about 17 green, to ensure enough to do this one x2 since its cost reduces with number of enemy specials on the board.
    After all 5 powers, Carnage still lived with about 800 health, ha. One more move and the protect tiles I gave him kept him at about 300 health.
    He then got the red needed for a Cythes, but a match 4 in green for me ended it.

Saved the LT for now, but will probably open it later tonight because waiting stinks.
    This is the 4th Crash I've beaten, and things look good for the next one with Thoress.

Edit: OK couldn't wait on the LT, had my lucky son pull a black for TA Hulk, taking him to 3/2/1. That works!