Nettle Drone's broken ability

Options
OhanaUnited
OhanaUnited Posts: 85 Match Maker
Nettle Drone's ability (1 damage to opponent whenever a colourless creature/support/spell is played) only activates once even if I play cards that spawn multiple colourless tokens (e.g. Pia and Kiran Nalaar which spawns 6 Thopters or Foundry of the Consuls which spawns 4 Thopters). It should be activated each time. And I know it's a bug because this was fine before the patch and similar cards like Molten Nursery (2 damage to opponent whenever colourless card enters battlefield) does perform exactly like the text says after the patch.

Comments

• OhanaUnited
    Options
    Bump as this was not fixed in the last round of bug fixes that patched clues amongst other things.
  • kinomoto
    Options
    Both Nettle Drone and Molten Nursery say "When you cast a colorless spell". Summoned tokens are not "cast". So neither card should trigger on summoned tokens entering the battlefield. The difference was explained in a thread concerning another card but should apply to any card with the "cast" requirement.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=56129&p=612714#p612550
    Here's the logic - the card says "When you cast a Support". The wording is very specific in this case: "casting" means "filling up with mana and playing from the hand".
    Granted, card text and intent do not always go hand by hand in this game.
  • OhanaUnited
    Options
    kinomoto wrote:
    Both Nettle Drone and Molten Nursery say "When you cast a colorless spell". Summoned tokens are not "cast". So neither card should trigger on summoned tokens entering the battlefield. The difference was explained in a thread concerning another card but should apply to any card with the "cast" requirement.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=56129&p=612714#p612550
    Here's the logic - the card says "When you cast a Support". The wording is very specific in this case: "casting" means "filling up with mana and playing from the hand".
    Granted, card text and intent do not always go hand by hand in this game.
    Wow that changed the card dramatically (for the worse)... I used it in Saheeli Rai deck to great effect because it keeps pumping out Thopters and dealing direct damage to PW so even if there's Hixus, Supression Bond, or Claustrophobia, I can still get around these cards.