What happened with Thalia?

Options
RadicalTed
RadicalTed Posts: 9
edited December 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Was supposed to be an event reward but it never happened? I was actually looking forward to this card but now there's basically no chance of me getting it.

I also remember there was a weekend event that didn't have an "exclusive" reward, was she supposed to be added to it but wasn't?

Comments

• nexus13
    nexus13 Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I don't know but I cashed in an ENM pack I saved and I got her in that.
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    yep they messed up big time on this one, I'm pretty pissed, there's no guarantee I'd have pulled it if it was available, but it wasn't available so I couldn't pull it from a pack. I'd have gotten it if it was an event reward.
    Definitely makes me feel kaladesh was a rushed release to time with the anniversary and we are already seeing evidence of this. i.e support on the board issues,
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They didn't eliminate Emrakul's Corruption events, so my guess is it'll be a reward the next time that comes around.
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Way to go back on your words devs. Bad form. Needless to say i am pissed. I was looking forward to getting her the most among the event rewards.

But from what i have heard from people she is also bugged
  • khurram
    Options
    They are just gonna pretend that they did not read this and think that everyone will just let it go

Need your comment on this Brigby
  • khurram
    Options
    Still waiting for your word on this , Brigby
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why has this not yet been answered? It's not a difficult thing to find out. Somewhere someone in this company knows the answer. If it's "Oops we messed up our timeline and ran out of events before Kaladesh released" just own up to it already. Show a little good will and be open about something for once. 'Tis the season and all.
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's the things like this that bug me about this company, they could go the right way and communicate the reason which actually would be enough for me. " hey we messed up it happens sorry" but all we get us crickets and tumbleweeds and we get more and more frustrated
  • khurram
    Options
    Dont think that this is forgotten. Official word is needed on this huge oversight.
  • gulgoth
    Options
    Bumping in hopes of a response
  • BayTamago
    BayTamago Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Bump. Would also like a chance at Thalia
  • XxDarklit3xX
    Options
    Perhaps Thalia took the same vacation Sarkhan did earlier this year? #whereisthalia.
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I didn't even know we were guaranteed a Thalia as any point. Can someone post context?
  • gulgoth
    Options
    She was listed as an event reward an unable to be attained from packs during last set. However they never actually made her available in any event. She's technically available now since there are no more exclusives in old sets, but that's unacceptable to ignore that you could only have a chance at her after her set is rotated out.
  • DumasAG
    Options
    Wow... That does actually seem pretty terrible. And no word t any point about making her available in a future event?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hey everyone. We've been working with Hibernum on the next Developer Thread for this month.
    They're definitely aware of the situation surrounding Thalia, so I will speak with them to see whether any news pertaining to her will be on the finalized post.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey everyone. We've been working with Hibernum on the next Developer Thread for this month.
    They're definitely aware of the situation surrounding Thalia, so I will speak with them to see whether any news pertaining to her will be on the finalized post.

Tell me, when you have a list of player concerns, do you always start working your way up from the least important ones first?
  • DumasAG
    Options
    What do you see as most important, out of curiosity? The fix for clues/supports is coming early next week.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DumasAG wrote:
    What do you see as most important, out of curiosity? The fix for clues/supports is coming early next week.

Clues/supports, but long-term, it's been that matchmaking is broken and everyone plays the same group of ~30 players constantly.
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Tell me, when you have a list of player concerns, do you always start working your way up from the least important ones first?
    I don't particularly care about Thalia either, but you don't have to work your scroll-wheel far to discover people who do. Why snipe for addressing their concerns?