Price Variance

Options
Nitymp
Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2016 in MtGPQ General Discussion
So, I want to buy Dovin, I really do. Except the stupid ridiculous exchange rate that I have to pay on my android is a joke!

WHY oh WHYYY do i have to pay extra just because my main account is on an android?

Android - Dovin shows as $49.99 and translates into £48.49 (what kinda exchange rate is this?!?!)

iOS - Dovin shows as £39.99

Considering that the current exchange rate puts $49.99 = £39.73, the iOS price is pretty fair. But can someone seriously tell me why I have to pay an extra £8.50 on android?!!!!

Comments

• Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You want to know why? Cause D3, that's why.
  • Sethalos
    Sethalos Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    As soon as my update was done, I logged in and went to purchase the new Dovin Baan planeswalker...and much to my extreme disappointment the pack costs $70 bucks here in Canada.

$70 dollars for a non-collectible, online only, virtual card and booster packs.

I just can't justify this any longer. Do you know how many ACTUAL MTG cards I can buy for $70 bucks.

This is completely ludicrous, and the greedy money grab for this game has really pushed me away.

This is my goto tablet game, I've blown a serious amount of money buying new planeswalkers, cards to support..etc. I have no issues with supporting the game by purchasing products, but this is just insane.

I've decided basically to boycott any further purchases I make from this company until they get their pricing scheme to reflect the product they are offering. Virtual cards that have no real world value being offered at this high of a cost is a serious mistake because loyal fans of the game like myself will just quit and find something else to invest their time and money into. icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif
  • Nitymp
    Options
    I'm not here to complain about the price, i've accepted the costs and i'm fine with it.

I just don't understand why I have to pay a premium on android in the UK, that's all.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are you going to upload a video of dovin nitymp?
  • aesith
    aesith Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    I also posted about coat discrepancies in the forum.

Also 1000 crystals is the same price as Dovin in-game but Google Play has Dovin at 67.99 and the crystals at 58.99.

But I also agree with what seems to be insane prices.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For those that purchase Dovin Baan at these "Insane" prices, u do know that as long as you buy them at these "Insane" prices, D3 will continue to sell them at these "Insane" prices.

If you don't wish to support these prices, be patient like many players who buy them after a couple of months with crystals.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    blacklotus wrote:
    For those that purchase Dovin Baan at these "Insane" prices, u do know that as long as you buy them at these "Insane" prices, D3 will continue to sell them at these "Insane" prices.

If you don't wish to support these prices, be patient like many players who buy them after a couple of months with crystals.

Stay-on-topic.jpg
  • Nitymp
    edited December 2016
    Options
    aesith wrote:
    I also posted about coat discrepancies in the forum.

Also 1000 crystals is the same price as Dovin in-game but Google Play has Dovin at 67.99 and the crystals at 58.99.

But I also agree with what seems to be insane prices.

Yes i just checked this as well:

1300 crystals for $49.99 = £39.99

Dovin Baan for $49.99 = £48.49

WHY?!?!
  • Nitymp
    Options
    And another one.. The Dovin Baan starter thing with confiscation coup

iOS = £2.99

Android $3.99 = £3.89

Devs, can I please transfer my account to iOS??
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It has been reported before, but is more noticeable as people have adopted Android simulators while still using IOS devices.
    Support has not been helpful, perhaps because the problem was not clearly described. They put it down to regional differences and conversion rates.

Perhaps if someone could raise a ticket showing that separate IOS and Android devices from the same geographic location have different prices?
    That would be helpful.

Obviously they set the prices in the two stores separately, and sometimes they get mixed up. I have only heard of the problem happening is currencies other than USD.
  • Nitymp
    Options
    Fiddler wrote:
    It has been reported before, but is more noticeable as people have adopted Android simulators while still using IOS devices.
    Support has not been helpful, perhaps because the problem was not clearly described. They put it down to regional differences and conversion rates.

Perhaps if someone could raise a ticket showing that separate IOS and Android devices from the same geographic location have different prices?
    That would be helpful.

Obviously they set the prices in the two stores separately, and sometimes they get mixed up. I have only heard of the problem happening is currencies other than USD.

Aye it could be, but that doesnt explain why 2 different $49.99 purhases are priced at different £ prices within my same account.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nitymp wrote:
    Fiddler wrote:

That would be helpful.

Aye it could be, but that doesnt explain why 2 different $49.99 purhases are priced at different £ prices within my same account.

Sorry off topic here. Did you find a way to play the same account on ios and android?
  • Nitymp
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:

Sorry off topic here. Did you find a way to play the same account on ios and android?

No, I have 2 different accounts.