Smartest Guy in Room Team-up Backfires

MaskedMan
MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
I used the Smartest Guy in the Room Team-up and instead of getting attack tiles the computer got attack tiles. With friends like that who needs enemies? Lost the match because of it. Since the power has no other effects this isn't to offset the "good" part of the power it is just useless and mislabeled or broken.

Finally a team up more broken than Ragnorok's power that only heals him (when he can't be in play).

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    To be clear: Smartest Guy is supposed to create friendly and enemy attack tiles. It created only enemy tiles for you?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder how it handles cases where there are only a couple of free black tiles on the board.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    To be clear: Smartest Guy is supposed to create friendly and enemy attack tiles. It created only enemy tiles for you?
    Wait, did you get the TU from a friend or foe?

I kid, I kid.
  • Dayv
    I wonder how it handles cases where there are only a couple of free black tiles on the board.
    I haven't seen that ability used much, does it create both friendly and unfriendly tiles on black only? If so, it definitely becomes less obvious how it would be handled as opposed to an ability like 3* Wolverine's green, where it creates friendly tiles on one color and unfriendly ones on another color.

If it's trying to create both types of tile on one color, I'd expect it to make one set first, and then the other. The skill's description implies friendly ones first, but it could easily be the reverse in the actual execution.

A more elegant method would probably be to alternate placement of friendly and unfriendly tiles until all required ones are placed or no locations are available, but that's also a bit more complicated to process.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Patch Red places friendly Red Strikes first and enemy Red Strikes second. If there are only 2 free, you get both. Without testing I would expect SGitR to work the same way.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    I got only 5 enemy blacks and no friendly. Description on Team-up doesn't say anything about making enemy attack tiles that I saw, that is something to check for too. It was brutal since they were all like +241. Only time I have gotten the ability so haven't been able to test it again.

Yes with Patch you can plan it since yours go on green and computer's go on purple. If you are lucky you can cast when there are no free purple or when they are all lined up for a match.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47296
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Smartest Guy in the Room - 7 blacktile.png AP
    When Bruce walks into a room, he immediately takes charge, earning the ire of his peers and fracturing team unity. Creates 3 strength 190 Attack tiles, and an additional strength 190 enemy Attack tile for each non-downed ally.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Attack strength to 217, enemy Attack strength to 190. Level 3: 3 Attack tiles up to 245 strength, enemy Attack strength up to 190. Level 4: Attack strength to 272, enemy Attack strength to 190. Level 5: 3 Attack tiles up to 326 strength, enemy Attack strength up to 190.
    Max Level
      Level 3: Attack strength to 987, enemy Attack strength to 765. Level 4: Attack strength to 1094, enemy Attack strength to 765. Level 5: 3 Attack tiles up to 1311 strength, enemy Attack strength up to 765.
    (emphasis added)
  • Jaedenkaal
    MaskedMan wrote:
    I got only 5 enemy blacks and no friendly. Description on Team-up doesn't say anything about making enemy attack tiles that I saw, that is something to check for too. It was brutal since they were all like +241. Only time I have gotten the ability so haven't been able to test it again.

Yes with Patch you can plan it since yours go on green and computer's go on purple. If you are lucky you can cast when there are no free purple or when they are all lined up for a match.

Well if you're getting 5 enemy black then that's a bug, you shouldn't see any more than 3 (for each non-downed ally).

Maybe there's a bug when it's used as a team-up because he's not actually on your team?
  • Dayv
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    Well if you're getting 5 enemy black then that's a bug, you shouldn't see any more than 3 (for each non-downed ally).

Maybe there's a bug when it's used as a team-up because he's not actually on your team?
    Or is it possible that it generated friendly attack tiles, but they were stolen soon after by another power, such as Medusa's purple?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Ok testing right now.

My team: OML, Phoenix, Strange

Their team: Hammer Lieutenant, Rags (KO), Juggs (KO), Hood Intimidation T/U

10 Basic Black tiles on the board. No special tiles on the board at all, barring 2 green Charged tiles from Rags.

Using SGitR team up. For science!

(strangely appropriate for a Banner power)

/drumroll

Ok. Created 3 friendly attack tiles (1 B, 1 Y, 1 P) as expected, and 3 enemy attack tiles (1 B, 2 G) also as expected. I'd never used the power before so my expectations about the colors of the tiles was, up until now, totally based on the comments in this thread.

So definitely not bugged 100% of the time. Maybe everyone is only looking for Black attack tiles and assuming the worst?
  • Dayv
    Yeah, I tried one too, and it created tiles on multiple colors (which means it should almost never be blocked) for both teams, as expected.