Android Crashes Continue

DrStrange-616
DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
I'm still crashing at least once a day. Anyone else? Always happens just as I enter a battle.

Whatever fix was in the latest patch didn't solve my problem.

Comments

• generalTsobot
    generalTsobot Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Yes, I am experiencing more crashes lately, also on Android, and in the same fashion that you described: after the board drops, the game hangs for a second then it crashes entirely. It has happened with me in three Lightning Round matches today (one even crashed my phone entirely, which was new) and twice yesterday.

These crashes were particularly bad a few months ago, but largely went away with the previous 3-4 patches. They would still occur once a week or so, but things appear to be trending in the wrong direction.

To be clear, during some of these crashes, I had one or two other apps running concurrently (e.g. Chrome browser and Android OS settings). However, during some crashes, no other active apps were running other than MPQ. I'm unable to discern any obvious patterns.
  • Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    This is happening to me also.
  • Weltenzeichner
    Weltenzeichner Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Same here, two or three crashes as the board drops a day, much more so in the last week I'd say
  • Ditto. OS 4.4.4 on Verizon version Moto Droid Maxx
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Don't really mind the crashes in pve. But yesterday i had 3 crashes in pvp as i had lined-up some nice 50-60 pointers. That sucked
  • Perhaps a workaround of if the match is exited within a short time span (first few seconds) it is cancelled with no penalty. The crashing is annoying but getting dinged on points and (short term) health is worse.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Happened to me twice so far today, same as above, as soon as I start a match the game just freezes, playing on Amazon Fire tablet, really annoying
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Android, and I've noticed a history of crashes at the beginning of a match when the board has match 5 (usually an L-shaped one) available.

But I've also experienced an uptick of crashes towards the (ARGH) end of matches, when I'm about to win. This last happened in the Downtown Sushi node of the Juggs PVE, with the two goons dead and me a couple turns from finishing off Ock.
  • cydyr
    cydyr Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    This is happening to me also. Very frustrating. I've rebooted and started my phone many times to see if it can clear the cache.
  • sinburn
    sinburn Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2016
    Customer Service doesn't care, as I have been reporting this issue to them for literally months on PC as have other users.

At first, they just kept putting my ticket into a queue for them to reply to me later. Then, after I kept reporting it every time that it occurred, they kept ignoring it until they just simply decided to close the ticket without even responding.

I kept it up, as it kept happening, and finally got passed the bots, etc. a few days ago to be lied to like this:

"Because you are literally the only person reporting this issue, we will need you to provide the following information to aid our investigation:"

I gave them all of the info and pointed out that there were others reporting it on the forums and Reddit as well. They still came back and stated that I am still the only one and that there is no issue with their game. No log checks, hardware information, etc, but they somehow know that it is our fault...

Here is one of the many screenshots that I have had of this occuring:
    http://i.imgur.com/ws42jDo.png
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    I'm experiencing crashes at least 4-6 times per day. Yesterday, for the first time, I'm having them happen during the course of gameplay, not just when the board initially loads. Infuriating.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Same here. The board drop of death occurs at least once a day for me. Was occurring on my Galaxy Note 5 running Android 6.0. Is still occurring regularly on my Pixel XL running 7.1.1. Last couple of patches haven't improved it at all.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2016
    Two crashes for me today. No apparent cause. One was after opening a token.
    Another just after starting a match on the Vision PvP (board drop of death).
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    As of R116, the board drop o' death is still happening on my Nexus 6P running Android 7.1.1 as well. I'd say it's happening around twice per day. I don't tend to have many apps running in the background, and no other apps are crashing, so I really don't think it's a hardware issue.

If you play PVP, this can be INCREDIBLY frustrating because you instantly lose points to a team you may have spent a bunch of "skip tax" ISO to queue; it's even worse if you are close to the end of the event or if you've just broken a shield - every point (and every minute) counts in those situations and a crash can kill your score.