6 Characters, 3 Slots

Options
Roland113
Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2016 in Roster and Level Help
Hello all,

So I'm in a dilemma, I've got six characters that I need to fit into three roster slots and would like your input on who gets to stay.

First off, my roster is at the tail end of three star land and I'm about to start to transition into four star land. I have 30 champion 3 star characters with another nine waiting for covers (I'm not going to mention that my unicorn, The Hood, is still waiting his first cover). The only two that I don't have plans for are Rags and Sentry.

So between looking at my queue and my current roster I've got six characters to fit into three slots, maybe four depending on how the Hero Points fall over the next two weeks. Here's what I've got, who would you keep?

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Agent Venom blackflag.pngyellowflag.png
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Mr. Fantastic blueflag.pngyellowflag.png
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Wasp blueflag.png
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Spider Woman blackflag.png
star.pngstar.pngstar.png Rags blueflag.png
star.pngstar.pngstar.png Sentry greenflag.png

I'm not a completionist but still want to hear if you all think I should keep the remaining three star characters over some of the four star characters and so forth.

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Moon Moon
    Options
    I would have gotten as many of the 4*s as you can as 3*s are easy to get while 4*s are not. Other than that I don't know which to let go of. I've heard Mr. Fantastic is trash, but two covers are better than one...
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'd roster both the three stars. They are some of if not the worst but they let you finish their ddq. Their champ rewards are red hulk and x-23 as well so they are worthwhile for even just that. As far as the four stars go, I'd lean towards agent venom. Wasp and mr f are both pretty bad and none of those four stars scream must have.
  • Roland113
    Options
    Hmm, thank you both, you both bring up good, but conflicting points, ironically enough both points are at odds with my original thought. I was thinking Wasp, I know she's not well loved but I can see pairing her yellow power with a Medusa or Luke Cage to ramp up the amount of tiles on the board. I was also thinking Invisible Man gambling that he's the next to be reworked. . . . hrrrm.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm one of the few who've championed Mr. F, mostly because I had a run of pulling 4 of his covers in a row while he was already at 13. But! He makes a good part of my X-23 and XFDP/Carnage team, a configuration which allows rainbow tanking, lots of self-healing, and boosted match damage. Plus he's got a stun that puts out protect tiles! (And one of the most unintentionally lolzy animations!) He's certainly not top tier by any means, but I think calling him trash-tier is harsh.

Sentry I'd recommend just because you'll be getting a guaranteed cover from Prodigal Sun whenever it comes around.

Also a slight nudge towards Rags -- championing all your 3*s sooner lets you start maximizing TBE rewards sooner (though accelerating acquisition of 3*s covers means accelerating acquisition of 4* covers earlier, which means sometimes you'll have to sell them off because of roster constraints).

My brief experience with Agent Venom is that he's very hard to play with given his AP leakage. Haven't used Wasp much (because her powers are fussy and underwhelming), nor Spider-Woman, but I remember playing with a fully covered SW, she hit hard.
  • Roland113
    Options
    Thanks Cousin,

I'm kind of leaning towards a hybrid approach at the moment . . . basically, doing everything I can to earn all of the HP that I can and save them all. I've currently got Rags, Wasp and Agent Venom rostered and need to earn 300 more HP by the end of tomorrow to save Mr. Fantastic. If I can do that then I've got another six days to save Sentry then another eight and a half days to save Spider Woman. Assuming I don't pull any other new covers between now and then, I may actually be able to save them all, or at least five of them. If I have to lose only one, I think Agent Venom will go by the wayside.

Thank you everyone for the input!
  • Roland113
    Options
    Update, I've been able to save everyone so far. Three days until Sentry expires and six until Spiderwoman goes . . . Need more HP , at this point though, I'm probably only going to have to sacrifice one at the most. Sentry is my sacrificial lamb at this point though I'm still trying to save him for completionist sake.