2016 Holiday Season Character Survey [Deadline 12/14]

GrimSkald
GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello! I'm boosting the signal - Ebolamonkey84 has been kind enough to construct an end-of-2016 Character Survey for our opinions. The topic can be found on the Character Discussion forums, I have given you a link here:

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=55485

Look at it or opine (or not,) have fun!

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be great if the devs could sticky this in General for a week. He's gotten less than 20% of the usual amount of responses because it's been stuck in the Character sub-form which obviously has a lot less viewers.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Orion wrote:
    It would be great if the devs could sticky this in General for a week. He's gotten less than 20% of the usual amount of responses because it's been stuck in the Character sub-form which obviously has a lot less viewers.

This please. Yes, it is about characters, but this is a long-standing forums tradition, and it merits inclusion on General Discussion because it is of broad interest 'n' appeal.
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    icon_e_smile.gif Bump icon_e_smile.gif
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Everyone please take the time to vote in this, and give it some thought. These rankings get used by players from all over to make roster decisions and really improve the MPQ gaming experience.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Flightmaster, I'm following your lead and copying the link in my signature.

To echo what others have said before me, please vote if you haven't. I can't say how instrumental these surveys to me in building my 3 star roster and how important it is to get a new survey for the four stars because there has been so much fluctuation in that tier in the past year.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    3031204506_zpshughdyzt.jpg
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Bump because the last version was very helpful as I was building my 3* roster. It's interesting to see the variance in scoring for each character - some characters are universally loved or hated, but others can have a wide range of opinions.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    We are up to 458 responses so far. Thanks to everyone who has participated.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you haven't voted yet, please do so! Trust me, it's worth it. It also generates one of the most fun reads you'll have on this forum. And all this without any of the usual whinging and banging on! icon_e_wink.gif
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    *stickied* To echo others' sentiments, the Character Survey has always been one of the most insightful and interesting reads on the forums. A lot of time and effort goes into collecting and organizing the data and providing useful analysis and commentary on the changes within the meta-game. It also serves as a great guide to help players of all levels decide what characters they would benefit from investing resources in so I highly encourage you to vote if you are interested.

Also I want to thank Ebolamonkey84 and the many members of the forum who have agreed to help with the write ups for this round of the survey (sorry gf is coming over so I don't have time to list everyone who has publicly stated their support for the project but you know who you are and you are awesome!)
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I got to page 3 before that deja vu feeling turned into a memory of doing this at the end of November. icon_e_smile.gif

Glad this is getting some love.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Perfect for a slow morning at work! *knock on wood*. I just tossed my rankings & comments in. I'm sure the results
    will be a nice mix of icon_e_biggrin.gif , icon_e_sad.gif , icon_eek.gif , icon_evil.gif , icon_rolleyes.gif , and icon_e_smile.gif
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Left some comments and my grades for each character.

Personally I think ice man is the best 4*

Gave 1 to the 3 five star characters I don't have as having not used them I can't really give an opinion
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    turbomoose wrote:
    Left some comments and my grades for each character.

Personally I think ice man is the best 4*

Gave 1 to the 3 five star characters I don't have as having not used them I can't really give an opinion

In the future it is better to give them a 0 as that counts as an I don't know the character vote. A 1 means they are terrible and drops their overall ranking whereas the 0 vote doesn't get counted in the final tally.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I gave zeroes to lots of 4* characters. Even ones I have 13 covers for, because without seeing them maxed and boosted, you still don't really know.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    This survey needs a "N/A" option. There are a lot of characters I can't rate because I don't have enough covers to make them usable.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    irwando wrote:
    This survey needs a "N/A" option. There are a lot of characters I can't rate because I don't have enough covers to make them usable.

As said above, that is what 0 is for.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Done and recorded. And it was a lot of fun, too!

BTW, I'd be willing to help do writeups on characters too, if any more volunteers are needed. I've loved these survey posts since the first day I came to the forum, and would be happy to give back.
  • Saeva
    Saeva Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Done and recorded. And it was a lot of fun, too!

BTW, I'd be willing to help do writeups on characters too, if any more volunteers are needed. I've loved these survey posts since the first day I came to the forum, and would be happy to give back.
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=54951

There's a handful of 4 star.png characters that still need volunteers.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    We are up to 458 responses so far. Thanks to everyone who has participated.

776 responses now. Guess that just shows the difference in traffic between the character sub and General Discussion.