Please return the "ISO to max" display!

DaveR4470
DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
I can live with the new button format for leveling -- it's neither here nor there -- but PLEASE bring back some indicator of how much ISO is needed to bring the selected character to the max allowed level. I'm sure I'm not the only one who levels in one fell swoop, and not until I've got enough to max out the character....

Comments

• BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Yes, this comes off like a desperate cash grab masked as an "improvement". It's not an improvement, the Raise Level button moves faster when you press it, but the useful part of knowing how much iso you have left is gone and replaced by what is essentially just advertising for iso sales.

Who even buys iso? HP or CP (if that was possible), I understand (and do buy), but buying ISO is just stupid. Therefore a "helpful" reminder of the amount of ISO you COULD buy, is just taking up valuable real estate.

On top of that, now you can't just one click max, which makes this update one of the **** ideas in history.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    yes please bring it back, and while your at it make buying ISO not a joke. 13200 for $20 thats insane, i can get 13200 in one day no problem. $20 should at MINIMUM allow me to max a 4 star from lvl 70 $100 should be multiple probably +6 to make it worthwhile.
  • hybridchic
    hybridchic Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I support this suggestion.
    I want to know how much iso it takes to level each character. Not how much money it takes to eliminate having to actually play the game.

Additionally. I am female. This feature and my special brand of logic did not mix very well last night. I sat at my computer for 10 minutes too long trying to figure out if 49.99 USD was enough money to level a 117 cover to 166, make that cover a champion, and if I would then qualify for a smaller iso package to level a different cover.

A better alternative would be for you to eliminate the 500 iso reward from Deadpool's Daily Quest, (because 500 iso is a slap in the face) so players would feel encouraged to spend money on hero points to reset the Taco Vault.
  • baarzo
    baarzo Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    yes return back the old level up page or at last show the total amount ISO needed to reach the max level.

And of course I think anyone will buy ISO (maybe I hope)

this "improve" It does no credit to serious developers like you
  • AdamAnt81
    AdamAnt81 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I can't agree more with this thread. It pisses me off to see that D3 really expects it's players to spend 100 dollars leveling a character. And even if someone was stupid enough to do this a base level 3 star should at least be at max after spending that much money. I'm really not sure how anyone at D3 was able to look at this idea and say "Oh, that's a great feature to add". But ultimately someone did, and they should probably be fired for lack of vision and general ignorance (which seems to be contagious around your offices lately). I really enjoy this game but I have very little patience for companies that believe their customers are stupid (which is what this all implies to me).
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    AdamAnt81 wrote:
    I'm really not sure how anyone at D3 was able to look at this idea and say "Oh, that's a great feature to add". But ultimately someone did, and they should probably be fired for lack of vision and general ignorance (which seems to be contagious around your offices lately). I really enjoy this game but I have very little patience for companies that believe their customers are stupid (which is what this all implies to me).

For some reason i envisage them at the meeting laughing, calling the players "suckers" and saying how great the idea is because people would actually believe 79.99 would max a character and in most cases it wont... but someone somewhere must be shelling out top dollar for the mother pittance of iso since they have left it unchanged all this time....

But yeah defo agree i want to know how much i need, even the old button tho it didn't quite show max it gave me a rough guage of how close i was and i could generally estimate the 10 or so levels that were missing from the button
  • I totally agree with this. It seems that when we are at max covers (13) the "iso to level *" disappears and is replaced with a, many times, insufficient amount of iso to buy price. As stated before, the iso promoted will still not cover promotion to champ, and in some cases, not even to max level. Therefore, the whole thing is not only ridiculous, it's inaccurate as well. PLEASE REMOVE THIS FEATURE or place it as a secondary box.
  • AdamAnt81
    AdamAnt81 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    To add to the annoyance of this new feature...
    After leveling up a three star to champion it seems that this feature may have been implemented to hide the fact that characters now need more iso to max out. I could be wrong since I can't actually see anymore (thanks again for that devs), but it sure feels like I just spent more iso than ever before to max a three star. Have any other players noticed this?

This forum 'claims' that these posts are read and listened to but I would actually like to hear from an employee on this issue for a change.
  • Agreed. It's not so much about the new ad button, as the loss of the old. There's plenty of room for a button below the current two buttons. I suggest reinstating the max ISO button and moving the ISO ad button below those two.
  • hybridchic
    hybridchic Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Bump. Have any devs been reading this thread?
    Because one of the things I've noticed lately is that it is the game is slow to update how much money is needed to level a cover.
    I needed less than 2500 iso to get a cover to level 166. But the game said I needed 4.99 USD to purchase iso even though I already had about 10k to spend on leveling covers.
  • I second this.