Season Progression Rewards Conversation

jackstar0
jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Just wanted to have a discussion about why the progression rewards for entire seasons are still where they are.

If I get 10,000 points in the season, why am I getting just 15CP? I get that they added the 10CP level, but why not both a 10CP level and a 25CP level? It's 10k points... it should be worth the effort, right?

I'd never expect it, but I think the progression rewards could be increased by 5x at every non-cover level and still seem reasonable.

I suppose this is just a complaint thread, so maybe just ignore it... but if the progression rewards were stronger, I'd say they could drop placement... but I know that's not going to happen.

It's Monday. I'll get back to work.

Comments

• Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    I would be less interested in an increase to this and more interested in rewards above this mark. People clearly go above, so why don't we have a 12000 (max prog each event), 15000 (max prog + & sim), 20000 (2k each event) , etc? I wouldn't care if I couldn't get some of these, at least it's something to strive to.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Season Progression and Placement rewards in general are very low. You spend a whole month playing like crazy, but in the end, you only get a few tokens, iso, hp and cp out of it. It doesn't seem worth the effort.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Season Progression and Placement rewards in general are very low. You spend a whole month playing like crazy, but in the end, you only get a few tokens, iso, hp and cp out of it. It doesn't seem worth the effort.
    I agree, but at the same time you are rewarded for these things during each event as well. The overall season rewards only reward your consistency......which I still feel is low.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I don't have a problem with season progression rewards until after the halfway mark (5K). Even though i've got 37/41 3 stars champed, and a few decent covered 4 stars that can do something when boosted, I still don't feel like I have the roster to consistently hit 800+ points in any PVP event. I definitely don't think I'm alone in that, and as such my goal each season is just the 10-pack at 4K. The incremental rewards leading up to 4K are great, regardless of how useless the covers may or may not be to you. You crank out another thousand points and you get a sweet 2K Iso reward at 5K. But then the game gives you absolutely nothing else until you reach 7.5K on the season, and its just a piss poor 50 Hero Points. Then absolutely nothing else again until you hit 10K on the season, and its 15 CP. icon_rolleyes.gif

2.5K PVP points just to get 50 HP shouldn't be worth it in anybody's book. There should definitely be something incrementally leading up to this, and same to go from 7.5K to full prog. I'd even be happy if they kept it the same, but instead gave you a rare cover or LT or something. Don't get me wrong, I applaud them tremendously for giving us 10 CP for hitting the 575 level each individual event, that has worked wonders for me. The over-arching season rewards should just be better after a certain threshold.
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    The overall season rewards only reward your consistency......which I still feel is low.

Yeah, they definitely are. The point of the progression rewards is to encourage you to play every PvP event and to be protective of your score, to buy shields and fight for every point. It's a mechanism to make sure you are incentivized to play.

Then you hit 7500, which is about what you'd get for hitting 575 in each PvP and 2000 in Shield Sim and you get... 50 hp.

On top of that the 10-packs at 4k are increasingly worthless since they seem to give out mostly 2*s (I got 2 3-stars and 8 2's, again). I'll still take the 10-pack, it's one of the few places in the game where they'll give you one, but 50 hp for 7500 is almost a joke. Just keep it.

The rewards up to 4k are fine, but considering how many players go well beyond that point, and how many simply stop caring about PvP after they get to 4k, the progression rewards seem week.

The 10cp at 575 has breathed new life into PvP for a lot of players, I think. I know a lot of people who used to skip the first half of the season, certain in the knowledge they could still eat up a few events and the shield sim, get the 10 pack, the 4* from sim and a much better placement.
  • jackstar0
    The 10cp at 575 has breathed new life into PvP for a lot of players, I think. I know a lot of people who used to skip the first half of the season, certain in the knowledge they could still eat up a few events and the shield sim, get the 10 pack, the 4* from sim and a much better placement.

What you describe is what I typically do, actually. Gives me a PvP break and the placement difference for someone of my play (between 900-1200 depending per event) is immensely more rewarding, even just for more 10packs which are mostly 2* champ rewards...

If there was a 10k iso prize at 10k points and then 50 CP at 12000 pts, I'd probably play the full season and put in the effort (and hp) to get there.

If they fleshed out the levels between 5k and 10k more with 6k/7k/8k/9k rewards, that would be nice, too.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Same problem that pves have after the 4 star, which can be hit on the 2nd or 3rd day of play for some. The incentive to keep playing for 1200 iso, a usually 2 star token, and the remaining 15 cp points for 2 more (possibly 3 or 4 for a 7 day event) days really takes a nosedive.
  • like1tiger
    like1tiger Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Some of the rewards are less then what I get from signal interrupts which just shows how outdated all the reward structures are. The game has changed so much but the reward tiers have not been updated
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    The season placement rewards are an even bigger joke. Heroic 10-packs? For the top 50? You could give away 10 Heroic 10-packs and it still won't matter one bit to those players' 5* rosters.

Season top 50 should be at least a Legendary token, not a bunch of worthless Heroics. Those rewards haven't changed in 3 years. If the devs haven't noticed, we've got 4*s and 5*s now. The rewards need to acknowledge that.
  • Dimh
    Dimh Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Champion Awards has increased the value of Heroic 10 packs quite bit, so we at least have that as an increase.
  • jackstar0
    I appreciate everyone who participated in this thread. I think there are some worthwhile ideas here and I hope the devs saw something constructive to consider here.