Events?

Kmjakob
Kmjakob Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Why is it the same event all the time? Why cant we get something new like we did get on dr strange then we play all the story event. Many times we get the same event that we have played many times before

Comments

• xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Devs don't devote a ton of resources toward new story content instead focusing on new characters because that's what we spend money on.

We do get new story content somewhat often, 2-4 times per year.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    It really wouldn't feel so often if they just ran some of the other events that they actually have created. The chulk event, duck season, growth industry, and the new strange event.

I mean, really, running the strange while the movie is still our just makes sense, they should throwing strange covers at us like Mardi Gras beads.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like Venom Bombs runs more often than any other event but maybe it's because I hate it
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Venom Bomb isn't so bad when you use Dr. Strange or SL, since they shoot off powers every time the symbiotes do stuff.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Creating new story events is difficult because they also need to create new enemies to fight, like in the Dr Strange event. Creating new enemies requires a lot of development and testing so that we don't complain about the enemies being too hard. Plus, new enemies need to be different than old enemies, otherwise we would complain that they're being lazy. Creating the actual story plot and graphics would be the easy part. They realize that we're tired of playing the same thing over and over, which is why the Dr Strange event was a little different.

Because it takes time to create and balance new enemies, some Events just reuse existing enemies instead of creating new ones. Which is why we have event variations using Dark Avengers, Maggia, The Hand.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel like Venom Bombs runs more often than any other event but maybe it's because I hate it

That's definitely hate talking LOL

It would be interesting to have a plot of events and when they have run.

It's all in the events threads if anyone cares to bother digging through and collating ...

Already done my friend. Already done*.

Please see the PVE Events Compendium thread for details on when events where run, what order, and which feature a new character release event.

*Well mostly done**
    **At least the past 1.5-2 years. 2014 is still a bit sparse.
  • I feel like Venom Bombs runs more often than any other event but maybe it's because I hate it

i dont really mind venom bomb now that carnage got taken to the vet and and had his boys clipped off.

it does feel like it runs after new character events alot. bringing a 1-3 cover 4 star into an essential node against 350+ venom just feels bad man.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    There's a fair amount of different events at this point. Problems are:

Most of early events are very similar (dark avengers nonsense).

The need to always have an event running makes for frequent re-runs.
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    bbigler wrote:
    Creating new story events is difficult because they also need to create new enemies to fight, like in the Dr Strange event. Creating new enemies requires a lot of development and testing so that we don't complain about the enemies being too hard. Plus, new enemies need to be different than old enemies, otherwise we would complain that they're being lazy. Creating the actual story plot and graphics would be the easy part.

There's really no reason they can't use the existing characters in new storylines though. That's how comics work! I'm talking about using the playable characters, not the same goons and Dark Avengers we're used to seeing.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor

That's definitely hate talking LOL

It would be interesting to have a plot of events and when they have run.

It's all in the events threads if anyone cares to bother digging through and collating ...
    xidragonxi wrote:
    Devs don't devote a ton of resources toward new story content instead focusing on new characters because that's what we spend money on.

In the games first year, they dabbled with pay-to-play PvP events. I guess they didn't set the devs hearts aflutter, seeing as they haven't been seen in a long time.

Spending on events ... hmmm ...

How big a poop storm would be unleashed if the devs rolled out pay-to-play PvE events? Either pay to participate in the first run, or a pay version of existing events that offer sweeter loot?

And ... hehehehe .... how about a pay-to-play release event? icon_twisted.gif

I'd very seriously consider paying to play new PvE because I want it badly. It would all depend on the price point and prizes. $5 to $10 and decent prizes you bet. Especially if it featured a guaranteed Peggy.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    xidragonxi wrote:

2-4 assuming they were 7 days (which they aren't thank god no one wants those)

Out of a year that is 50 weeks isn't somewhat often at all.